Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-12-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
That should have killed him, or at least blinded him...I say that because the Limbic Structure is actually from the base of the spine up. Thats the part that uncon controls things like breathing and Homestasis. Right at the front is the personality and the chemical creating parts...and in between the two at the back is the visual cortex, and centres for speach and movement and control.

Not that I'm an expert.
Pssshhhh, that's such a crappy explanation Dave! I honestly expected more out of you!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
I grew up in a small town in Missouri--what was yours called?
I'm from Bethany, Missouri. It's the midpoint of KCMO and Des Moines on I-35 about 20 miles south of the IA border. You?
Old 03-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I'm from Bethany, Missouri. It's the midpoint of KCMO and Des Moines on I-35 about 20 miles south of the IA border. You?
OH--totally different area...Steelville--about 90 miles SW of STL.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
OH--totally different area...Steelville--about 90 miles SW of STL.
Yeah, I think I'm the only one from that area of the state who posts on here, lol
Old 03-12-2009, 09:51 PM

My friend commited suicide 8 years ago today. I'm sorry this person is going through such a harsh time in his life that he feels this is the only solution. I am saddened by those of you that felt the need to joke and laugh about the horrible and heartbreaking decision he made.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

...sorry
Old 03-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride
My friend commited suicide 8 years ago today. I'm sorry this person is going through such a harsh time in his life that he feels this is the only solution. I am saddened by those of you that felt the need to joke and laugh about the horrible and heartbreaking decision he made.
Im sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and understand how you feel. I lost someone very dear to my heart 12yrs ago he committed suicide on Christmas Eve. The pain of losing someone to suicide is awful. I wish you the best. xoxo
Old 03-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Deerstabber

I will probably get booed and hissed at for this but, I have to say it and its just my opinion. People that kill themselves are selfish. You should feel no remorse for that individual. They didnt think of anybodies feelings but there own. If they would have came and talked to you (their FRIEND) then you could have talked them out of it, But they didnt and know their gone poor them. Bye the way I had a friend take his own life.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerstabber
I will probably get booed and hissed at for this but, I have to say it and its just my opinion. People that kill themselves are selfish. You should feel no remorse for that individual. They didnt think of anybodies feelings but there own. If they would have came and talked to you (their FRIEND) then you could have talked them out of it, But they didnt and know their gone poor them. Bye the way I had a friend take his own life.
They are also unwell in the head. No sane individual wants to kill themselves. Let us not forget that these people who attempt or succeed are not thinking logically, are not seeing the truth. I dont know how responsible for their actions they are.

They are ill, they dont want to be talked out of it, they dont want to know the truth. If your friend avoided you, perhaps its precisely for the reason that he knew you would try and stop him. Its because you were a friend, its because you cared...not a snub saying you didnt care enough, or that there was no trust. Quite the opposite I suspect.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:29 PM
KevinD

My brother jumped those same very Falls in Niagara 9 years ago. They never found his body. Yes it is extremely sad that people are so distraught that they take there own lives. I know as a family, we have never and will never get over something like this.

I watched the video of this guy jumping, and felt extremely sad.