Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 06-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default This one slipped by me....

This one slipped by me....

When such reports and admissions.. are so prevelant.. how is the Catholic Church still avoiding actual prosecution for these crimes and for covering up these crimes.. I am not talking about the civil lawsuits.. but actual handcuffs.

Things like this .. just prove to me.. very easily.. God is not The Church.

http://wonkette.com/446540/popes-ped...for-pedophilia

Quote:
Has the Pope stamped out the organizational problem of pedophilia, yet? Umm check back in a few years, maybe, when all these creepy hundred-year-old child diddlers have died and gone to heaven?

GENOA The latest sex-abuse case to rock the Catholic Church is unfolding in the archdiocese of an influential Italian Cardinal who has been working with Pope Benedict XVI on reforms to respond to prior scandals of pedophile priests.

Father Riccardo Seppia, a 51-year-old parish priest in the village of Sastri Ponente, near Genoa, was arrested last Friday, May 13, on pedophilia and drug charges. Investigators say that in tapped mobile-phone conversations, Seppia asked a Moroccan drug dealer to arrange sexual encounters with young and vulnerable boys. I do not want 16-year-old boys but younger. Fourteen-year-olds are O.K. Look for needy boys who have family issues.

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...072613,00.html

Quote:
(GENOA) The latest sex-abuse case to rock the Catholic Church is unfolding in the archdiocese of an influential Italian Cardinal who has been working with Pope Benedict XVI on reforms to respond to prior scandals of pedophile priests.

Father Riccardo Seppia, a 51-year-old parish priest in the village of Sastri Ponente, near Genoa, was arrested last Friday, May 13, on pedophilia and drug charges. Investigators say that in tapped mobile-phone conversations, Seppia asked a Moroccan drug dealer to arrange sexual encounters with young and vulnerable boys. "I do not want 16-year-old boys but younger. Fourteen-year-olds are O.K. Look for needy boys who have family issues," he allegedly said. Genoa Archbishop Angelo Bagnasco, who is the head of the Italian Bishops Conference, had been working with Benedict to establish a tough new worldwide policy, released this week, on how bishops should handle accusations of priestly sex abuse.

Bagnasco said that when he met the Pope this weekend, he "asked for a particular blessing for my archdiocese" in light of the alleged crimes, adding that "like every father toward a son [feels] great pain in seeing a priest who is not faithful to his vocation."

Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi praised Bagnasco's handling of the Sastri Ponente case, lauding its "timeliness and competence." On Saturday, May 14, the Cardinal visited the Santo Spirito church, where Seppia was the parish priest.

According to investigators, Seppia told a friend a former seminarian and barman who is currently under investigation that the town's malls were the best places to entice minors. In tapped phone conversations the two cursed and swore against God. The priest is charged with having attempted to kiss and touch an underage altar boy and of having exchanged cocaine for sexual intercourse with boys over 18.
(See inside Benedict XVI's daily life.)

Seppia's defense lawyers are expected to argue that those conversations monitored since Oct. 20, 2010 were just words, sex games that were played by adults. It was just a game even when he claimed to have "kissed on the mouth" a 15-year-old altar boy, according to the defense.

On Monday, May 16, during formal questioning by Genoa's investigating magistrate Annalisa Giacalone, Seppia chose not to respond. The magistrate decided to keep him in custody to avoid a risk of relapse or tampering with evidence. Defense attorney Paolo Bonanni said the defense wants to evaluate all the charges, reserving the right to respond to public prosecutor Stefano Puppo in the coming days.

Questioned by the investigators, the altar boy reportedly confirmed the attempted kiss. Another male minor who, according to the investigators, was stalked with messages and pressing invitations, will be questioned soon. Psychologists are helping Carabinieri police officers obtain testimony from the alleged victims. "The boys are ashamed to talk and to admit what happened," says one of the investigators. The evidence amounts to at least 50 messages and phone calls. In the tapped phone conversations, the drug dealer contacted the boys and gave their phone numbers to the priest, who paid them with cocaine or 50 euros each time for sexual intercourse.

"[The investigators] made us listen to that man saying terrifying things about our children. Things so terrible that I cannot repeat them," a father of one of the boys said.

Investigators are also examining three confiscated computers: the priest allegedly looked for partners via chat as well.

Seppia is currently being kept in a confinement cell in a Genoa prison. He met the jail's priest and psychologist. "He has read the newspapers, and he is pained by his parishioners' comments," says his lawyer. The investigation is ongoing.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:09 PM
County Mike

This does not belong in the Christianity section. I understand the topic is priests, but these actions hav enothing to do with Christianity. That Seppia dude is disgustingly ill.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:23 PM

Well there is no general religion section.. it's not politics.. I guess it could go in the Woodshed.. but Cathloics do pratice Christianity...
Old 06-10-2011, 05:35 PM
County Mike

Yeah, not complaining about your choice of forums. Just making a point that these suckers are sick and far from Christians.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:46 PM

Seppia was/is an aide to the Pope.. I just have to wonder.. does the Pope know of some one these things before they become public??

I tend to scoff at the Catholic Church.. and mostly organized religion in most cases.. so I want to say.. ohhh yes he knew.. ".. but I am not very netural on this.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Seppia was/is an aide to the Pope.. I just have to wonder.. does the Pope know of some one these things before they become public??

I tend to scoff at the Catholic Church.. and mostly organized religion in most cases.. so I want to say.. ohhh yes he knew.. ".. but I am not very netural on this.
Of COURSE he knows...He knows more then what is public...but thats NOT because he's Pope...its because he WAS Prefect of The Congregation for The Doctrine of The Faith (The Inquisition)

Believe me, he knows. You cant be in that position and claim ignorance. The Current Prefect is His old Deputy...so His best Bud took over the role after he left. I dont buy it that he isnt fully aware...and I cant understand why someone like him wouldnt act.

Rome had no problem acting five hundred years ago to actions against the Doctrine of the Faith...it sounds like the same techniques they used then ought to really be used now.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:08 PM

Aren't you Catholic?
Old 06-10-2011, 07:26 PM
BamaGrits84

I wonder if years of shunning normal male desires to remain celibate has some sort of mental impact of these men who really were to cowardly to just tell someone along the line that the had desires and needed a woman. Does that make sense to anyone else?

Last edited by BamaGrits84; 06-10-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: because i STILL can't spell :)
Old 06-10-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I wonder if years of shunning normal male desires to remain celibate has some sort of mental impact of these men who really were to cowardly to just tell someone along the line that the had desires and needed a woman. Does that make sense to anyone else?
It's logical.. but if it's really because they had desires and "needed" to act on them.. why get a boy?

I mean from a legal point of view.. a moral point of view.. if they were just abstaining... then why not go buy a woman for a few hours.. the public could live with that a lot more than molesting a child...

But I don't know that a "normal" man would enter the priesthood.. any more than a normal woman would be a nun.. I think that there is more to it.. I don't go for the "calling of God".. If that's the truth.. then I have a few concerns..
Old 06-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
It's logical.. but if it's really because they had desires and "needed" to act on them.. why get a boy?

I mean from a legal point of view.. a moral point of view.. if they were just abstaining... then why not go buy a woman for a few hours.. the public could live with that a lot more than molesting a child...

But I don't know that a "normal" man would enter the priesthood.. any more than a normal woman would be a nun.. I think that there is more to it.. I don't go for the "calling of God".. If that's the truth.. then I have a few concerns..
Because the altar boys are available, physically weak, trusting of authority figures and easily coerced. Plus, they are more likely to keep the act secret than a prostitute. In other words, children (not just boys) are ripe for predators.

I do agree with BamaGrits that this is just a warped form of the normal sexual desires that we all are born with. It's the repression of those desires that causes them to become so warped and dangerous to innocent lives. I think the Catholic Church needs to eliminate the position of altar boys entirely and start allowing its priests to marry.

The Bible never required priests or preachers to be celibate their entire life. NEVER. In fact, most Jewish religious leaders were required to be married.

The idea of celibacy comes from pagan religious practices in which the "priests" were to reserve themselves sexually for the gods. So the Catholic priesthood is based on a form of prostitution. It should be no surprise to anyone that it results in such deviant behavior.