Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I like Lyoto's confidence, but he better be thanking God the bell rung when Tito was on his back. Lyoto was finished with that triangle choke, but *ding ding ding*. Nonetheless, it's part of the sport and if Lyoto fights everybody else the way he did against Silva (aggressively), I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching him for many years to come.
what? first of all Lyoto had Tito in a crucifix at the end of the 1st and the bell rang, otherwise, Tito was getting what Penn got against Matt in their second fight.

secondly, Lyoto got out of Tito's triangle and continued back into his guard until the bell rang. he wasn't saved. Tito was from round 1.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
what? first of all Lyoto had Tito in a crucifix at the end of the 1st and the bell rang, otherwise, Tito was getting what Penn got against Matt in their second fight.

secondly, Lyoto got out of Tito's triangle and continued back into his guard until the bell rang. he wasn't saved. Tito was from round 1.
My bad
Old 03-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
My bad
no biggie. i thought Lyoto hadn't been taken down but then i looked up the stats and saw that Soku did.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:25 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
no biggie. i thought Lyoto hadn't been taken down but then i looked up the stats and saw that Soku did.
i guess i gotta rewatch that fight too, i don't remember soko taking him down ...
Old 03-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
i guess i gotta rewatch that fight too, i don't remember soko taking him down ...
i'm just going by the stats. for all we know, he could have slipped and Soku got in his guard
Old 03-13-2009, 12:41 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
i'm just going by the stats. for all we know, he could have slipped and Soku got in his guard
just watched it, looks like ryoto pulled guard when soko grabbed him and immediately swept

did rewind it and soko used his leg to get him down, but was swept instantly and held there ....
Old 03-13-2009, 12:44 AM
rearnakedchoke

hmmm .. took him down again at the end of round1 too ... so that looks like 2 takedowns
Old 03-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Hughes_GOAT

they must have not counted it because on the stats, it says 1 of 2 on takedown attempts?
Old 03-13-2009, 01:40 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
they must have not counted it because on the stats, it says 1 of 2 on takedown attempts?
they were both takedowns .... although, someone could have mistaken the first one as pulling guard ... it looked a little like machida was pulling back .. oh well ... i think rashad can take him down, but he has to make ryoto scramble first .... soko got them after he threw a flurry, got the clinch and took him down ... the third time he tried he got clocked
Old 03-13-2009, 01:44 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
they were both takedowns .... although, someone could have mistaken the first one as pulling guard ...
that's probably what happened.