Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Clay to 145???

Man.. he would be a BEAST at 145!!!!!!!

I am a HUGE Guida fan... always will.. but I don't know that he would be able to hang with the power of Frankie...

Maybe he can.. I just don't know....

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/6/8/221...-after-he-wins

Quote:

Quote:
"After I get my lightweight title belt and hold that for awhile, then Iíll do 145, maybe. But I want my belt first. I didnít cut one pound [for the Pettis fight]. Iím a midget. Iím very undersized for lightweight. Itís one of thoseÖ I have fun. Like I said, Iíve been here, weíve made our stake at lightweight. Iíve paid my dues. I want my belt first then weíll move on from there."
UFC lightweight contender Clay Guida, who didn't need to cut any weight for his Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 13 Finale fight against Anthony Pettis, tells the MMA Nation radio show (via Pro MMA Now) that he recognizes his size disadvantage within the promotion's stacked 155-pound division and may even consider a drop to featherweight -- after he wins the lightweight title. Was there anything in "The Carpenter's" performance back on June 4 to convince you he's got the goods to grab the gold? Or is he in for a rude awakening against the top of the food chain? Any Maniacs out there think the self-proclaimed "midget" has a better shot at 145? Opinions, please.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

I think he could grind Frankie for a decision. At 145, he'd be a freaking machine!
Old 06-09-2011, 01:22 AM
3dlee

i dont know why he dont just drop now. i mean, hed be a great candidate to jump right in with aldo. aldo vs guida in Rio in August.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:13 PM

Guida is awesome and a Beast but I would get Destroyed by Frankie, Maynard, Bj, Miller.

If he drops to 145 he wouldn't even fight for the belt because the contender Mark Hominick would take him out. Aldo??? He might retire him

Guida is ok at Lightweight but I don't see him with the belt anytime soon.
He might get a title shot but I don't think he could beat any of this guys.