Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 06-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Finally found the Anthem I want at my Funeral!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xPSJP899lE

Its sung in Latin...but the English Translation is

Before the ending of the day
creator of the world we pray
that in thy wonted favour thou
wouldst be our guard and keeper now

from all ill dreams defend our eyes
from nightly fears and phantasies
tred under foot our ghostly foe
that no polution we may know

Oh Father that we ask be done
through Jesus Christ thy only son
who with the Holy Ghost and Thee
doth live and reign eternally.

Amen
Old 06-11-2011, 11:59 PM
surveyorshawn

Cool! I want my daughter Abigail to play & sing "Graverobber" by Petra at mine. It would have to be prerecorded, of course.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Crisco

I'd prefer something a little more lively at mine.

My death will be something to celebrate not mourn I hope.

Ideally no tears and I hope when I die they say I lived the best I could
Old 06-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I'd prefer something a little more lively at mine.

My death will be something to celebrate not mourn I hope.

Ideally no tears and I hope when I die they say I lived the best I could
But I WANT them to cry ...or at least to have to pretend that they miss me
Old 06-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
But I WANT them to cry ...or at least to have to pretend that they miss me
lol bit selfish eh Dave?
Old 06-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
lol bit selfish eh Dave?
Terribly...but dont worry...first...I wont be there...and secondly everyone I want to cry...will probably already be long dead.

I dont think they will pay much attention to my wishes anyway if they openly ignore me whilst I'm alive...what chance do I stand when im dead

You want to hear selfish...how about this...I am really upset that I am not going to be allowed to sit on the top table at my Sisters wedding reception...when my Mother, Father, and other Sister are. I have to sit on the rejects table of spare parts...what to do with boyfriends of my sister, and some distant cousins. I am not allowed to do the photography I want...although I am still doing a wedding video, its not the official thing...no...they hired a professional to do that. Im not allowed to take any pictures or recordings in the church...I'm not even allowed to my parents house yet on the day of the wedding...apparently, there is no room there for me to prepare...its filled with the bride, my Mother, my Sister, and my Father. I dont get front row seats at the church...I am three rows back...I basically have to baby sit my Gran all day...who is THREE Generations removed from the Bride...I am THE SAME Generation. I dont know her Husband to be, because apparently he is too shy, or doesnt care to know me. I wasnt invited to his Stag-doo...I wasnt allowed to even go to the Hen-doo just to take photos. Its like im some sorta embarrisment, or thing they wish wasnt there. My Sister asked me for music ideas...and I gave her all sorts...and she didnt like any of them...so she's done her own research, which amounts to basically copying all the music from my Mothers own wedding, for her own. The only good thing is that I get to keep the suit which was paid for me...and that only happened because of problems with work letting me off for the hired suit fittings, and to buy and hire are the same price... This time next week we will be at her Reception

Now THATS Selfish
Old 06-20-2011, 01:39 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Terribly...but dont worry...first...I wont be there...and secondly everyone I want to cry...will probably already be long dead.

I dont think they will pay much attention to my wishes anyway if they openly ignore me whilst I'm alive...what chance do I stand when im dead

You want to hear selfish...how about this...I am really upset that I am not going to be allowed to sit on the top table at my Sisters wedding reception...when my Mother, Father, and other Sister are. I have to sit on the rejects table of spare parts...what to do with boyfriends of my sister, and some distant cousins. I am not allowed to do the photography I want...although I am still doing a wedding video, its not the official thing...no...they hired a professional to do that. Im not allowed to take any pictures or recordings in the church...I'm not even allowed to my parents house yet on the day of the wedding...apparently, there is no room there for me to prepare...its filled with the bride, my Mother, my Sister, and my Father. I dont get front row seats at the church...I am three rows back...I basically have to baby sit my Gran all day...who is THREE Generations removed from the Bride...I am THE SAME Generation. I dont know her Husband to be, because apparently he is too shy, or doesnt care to know me. I wasnt invited to his Stag-doo...I wasnt allowed to even go to the Hen-doo just to take photos. Its like im some sorta embarrisment, or thing they wish wasnt there. My Sister asked me for music ideas...and I gave her all sorts...and she didnt like any of them...so she's done her own research, which amounts to basically copying all the music from my Mothers own wedding, for her own. The only good thing is that I get to keep the suit which was paid for me...and that only happened because of problems with work letting me off for the hired suit fittings, and to buy and hire are the same price... This time next week we will be at her Reception

Now THATS Selfish
that sucks bro .. but i wouldn't let it bother you .. just keep on being the same dave you are ...
Old 06-20-2011, 01:40 PM
rearnakedchoke

oh, and they can play this at my funeral ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE
Old 06-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
that sucks bro .. but i wouldn't let it bother you .. just keep on being the same dave you are ...
I made the Grand Old Mistake that King Solomon warns everyone about in proverbs...If you go into something with low expectations you will never fail to be suprised.

He says that its best to take a low seat at a Banquetting table, so that the people hosting the feast can come along and tell you to move up the table. For if you ASSUME your own importance and sit up top...then how embarrising will it be when they tell you, infront of everyone, to move down the table for someone else.

My Mistake for assuming I'm more important then I am I suppose I just assumed coz I'm her Brother she would have me front row and top table...coz I expected that, when it was released that I wouldnt be...well I felt bad. NOW...had I taken the view that I'm simply a guest at this wedding...well...Third row and a second rate table wouldnt have been so bad.

So thats my view now...I'm not going to her wedding as her Brother, I'm going to her wedding as a Guest instead...That way I wont expect special treatment, and wont feel miffed when I dont get it

Now...I had a heart to heart with my other sister about this yesterday...and I dont know what she fed back...but I'm now invited to the wedding rehersal...and after careful thought my Sister suddenly decided that coz I'm doing one of several readings...I NEED to be front row so I dont cause calamety in the Church when I push and shove my way out of the middle of a squashed third row

King Solomon is right....Always undercut yourself in the eyes of others so they will reinforce your worth, or not dissapoint...because there is nothing worse then thinking you are the best...to be well and truely put in your place
Old 06-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
oh, and they can play this at my funeral ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE