Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-09-2011, 12:35 AM
F34R F34R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,101
Default

If anyone is interested in the full Microsoft conference, including Dana White being on stage... they actually show a LOT of Live/UFC integration.

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-confere...eo%3Bmicrosoft
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-09-2011, 10:44 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
If anyone is interested in the full Microsoft conference, including Dana White being on stage... they actually show a LOT of Live/UFC integration.

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-confere...eo%3Bmicrosoft
If there are people who don't care about the rest of the hour long footage & just want the UFC: XBox Live/Dana White stuff, he comes out at 37:43.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-09-2011, 03:54 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

That's awesome for the UFC but I don't know why anyone would purchase it on XBOX when you can just watch from your Satellite provider

Well I guess there are still people who don't have Satellite TV.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-09-2011, 08:11 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
That's awesome for the UFC but I don't know why anyone would purchase it on XBOX when you can just watch from your Satellite provider

Well I guess there are still people who don't have Satellite TV.
Once my contract is up with DirecTV, I'm not going to renew tv service at all. Not that I'm dissatisfied, but you can find anything on the net. Heck, even NBC shows full versions of their shows on NBC.com in streaming HD the day after they air.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-09-2011, 09:38 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Once my contract is up with DirecTV, I'm not going to renew tv service at all. Not that I'm dissatisfied, but you can find anything on the net. Heck, even NBC shows full versions of their shows on NBC.com in streaming HD the day after they air.
Yeah I know what you mean but its not the same Quality to stream stuff through my MacBook and on to my tv. Than to just watch it on my 55" LCD HD Samsung
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-10-2011, 01:42 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Yeah I know what you mean but its not the same Quality to stream stuff through my MacBook and on to my tv. Than to just watch it on my 55" LCD HD Samsung
LOL, yeah, there's such a disparity in the quality drop depending the hosts' bandwitdh, but it's getting better every day. I think PPV should seriously consider hosting streams at a fraction of the cost. They are paying a premium to the cable/satellite networks, they can drop the cost, add a small extra for themselves and probably make a lot more money. I'd buy more events if I knew that I could stream a PPV in 720p for $35 or $40.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.