Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-08-2011, 05:30 PM

Default Watch UFC PPV on Xbox Live

Quote:
The Electronic Entertainment Expo is happening this week in Los Angeles, CA and during Microsoft's Press Conference UFC President Dana White made an appearance to make an announcement regarding a new feature on the Xbox Live service.

Beginning this Fall, subscribers to Xbox Live will now have the option to purchase UFC Pay-Per-Views directly from their Xbox.

The ability to watch live weigh ins as well as fights on demand will also be made available to subscribers.
A good move for both Zuffa and Microsoft.

Link here.

In related news, prelims will now also be streamed on YouTube, starting with UFC 131.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-08-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Another reason Xbox is better than Playstation. Oh, and who could forget getting hacked?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:16 PM
logrus

I am not sure about this. I used to think Espn on Live was going to be great. Personally it never panned out. Not sure if it was just me, but the stream of the Espn stuff seemed of lower quality then what I was getting off of a normal Tv.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I am not sure about this. I used to think Espn on Live was going to be great. Personally it never panned out. Not sure if it was just me, but the stream of the Espn stuff seemed of lower quality then what I was getting off of a normal Tv.
How fast is your internet connection? Streaming is best done at a connection of at least 10mbps. To get HD, it's recommended to have at least 15mbps.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:36 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
How fast is your internet connection? Streaming is best done at a connection of at least 10mbps. To get HD, it's recommended to have at least 15mbps.
Just shy of 6mbps, and usually when im streaming from the Live to my t.v its the only thing using my internet. Wireless is disabled, and the Xbox is hardlined to my router with no more then a 6' cat6. Ports are all set up to allow xbox and other services like netflix and such.

You kinda pointed out though what I was talking about, how many people are actually running more then 6+mbps.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Just shy of 6mbps, and usually when im streaming from the Live to my t.v its the only thing using my internet. Wireless is disabled, and the Xbox is hardlined to my router with no more then a 6' cat6. Ports are all set up to allow xbox and other services like netflix and such.

You kinda pointed out though what I was talking about, how many people are actually running more then 6+mbps.
Yeah, 6mbps is fine for normal surfing, but it definitely needs to be a little faster for quality video and to prevent lag on video/gaming.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:33 PM
logrus

Quote:
Yeah, 6mbps is fine for normal surfing, but it definitely needs to be a little faster for quality video and to prevent lag on video/gaming.
Honestly, I think 6mbps is more then enough, I mean it really wasn't that long ago when you had to take out a loan to get a decent internet speed. I think some of the issue are on the Isp's side. I think they secretly throttle back to speeds for certain users during certain times. I know there are times when I can watch a video clip at 720 and its crazy fast, other times it takes a week to view the same clip in 360 format.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Honestly, I think 6mbps is more then enough, I mean it really wasn't that long ago when you had to take out a loan to get a decent internet speed. I think some of the issue are on the Isp's side. I think they secretly throttle back to speeds for certain users during certain times. I know there are times when I can watch a video clip at 720 and its crazy fast, other times it takes a week to view the same clip in 360 format.
Yes but your 6mbps link will fluctuate anywhere from 3mbps to 6mbps (and if you run tests, you'll find it rarely ever is as high as 6mbps - the fine print will read "up to 6mbps"). More users, certain times of days also cause a slower connection. And yes, some ISPs will throttle certain users, but there are also ways to do port forwarding to bypass the throttling.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:21 AM
logrus

Quote:
Yes but your 6mbps link will fluctuate anywhere from 3mbps to 6mbps (and if you run tests, you'll find it rarely ever is as high as 6mbps - the fine print will read "up to 6mbps"). More users, certain times of days also cause a slower connection. And yes, some ISPs will throttle certain users, but there are also ways to do port forwarding to bypass the throttling.
Its never dropped half the speed, usually anywhere from .25-.75 is the fluctuation, as with my viewing, most of the time its pretty late or pretty early. Not really in the realm of 'prime-time' as they scribe. Even with the drop the 5+ is still better then the 1mbps I was running, yet it honestly doesn't feel like it.

As with opening ports, that will not help at all if the company decides your using to much bandwidth and decides to slow your speed.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Its never dropped half the speed, usually anywhere from .25-.75 is the fluctuation, as with my viewing, most of the time its pretty late or pretty early. Not really in the realm of 'prime-time' as they scribe. Even with the drop the 5+ is still better then the 1mbps I was running, yet it honestly doesn't feel like it.

As with opening ports, that will not help at all if the company decides your using to much bandwidth and decides to slow your speed.
That's good! I've only seen where ISPs throttle certain ports rather than the entire bandwidth of a specific IP address, which is so easy to bypass I don't know why they even bother trying. If I had an ISP who throttled my IP address, I'd find a new ISP, lol.