Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-09-2011, 12:17 AM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
shouldn't the man also be responsible for finding out about his women first? what if the man doesn't like the fact that the lady smokes or drinks during pregnancy, should he be able to ensure she doesn't do either? what about eating junk food? i know it ain't the same, but you are still controlling what a person does ... i don't like the idea of abortion, but i also don't like the idea of women being forced into do something they don't want to do ...
Agree with the bold,who are we to tell a person how to live and force our morals on them(been some senators being very evil towards women in past week or so in their remarks). I only agree with abortion on RAPE/INCEST(and select few other situations) as to me Rape is probably the most horrific act you could do to a women. PPL can spew scientific facts on conception etc, doesn't make the choice or decision any different or easier. Last decision should be the womens whether ppl agree or not with it. I think the thread is getting off the real topic.
Now back to topic, I personally think its harassment and I think the guy is over doing it. I also, believe he didnt' really know if she had an abortion or miscarriage from one articale I read. If he continues to this act is it not considered harrassment no matter if its 'freedom of speech' I mean theres only so much name slandering a person should take. Just think the guy needs to get on with his life and move on.
Anywho, noone here would like it if their spouse,or whoever smears their name publicly for any reason would you??
Old 06-09-2011, 02:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2 View Post
Anywho, noone here would like it if their spouse,or whoever smears their name publicly for any reason would you??

I didnt see her name on the billboard. If she did get a abortion than I think it is free speach.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:11 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I didnt see her name on the billboard. If she did get a abortion than I think it is free speach.
yeah, it's not like the billboard went up in NYC or LA ... i am pretty sure it was a smaller city .. it would be like a billboard going up in Hillsboro, i am sure most people would put two and two together pretty fast ... so saying he didn't put her name doesn't hold water with me cuz he knew people would find out it was her ...
Old 06-09-2011, 05:34 PM

I guess I don't really care if people recognize who it is. Shaming can be a good thing, ditto shunning - it's too bad those things have fallen into disuse.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-09-2011, 06:06 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I guess I don't really care if people recognize who it is. Shaming can be a good thing, ditto shunning - it's too bad those things have fallen into disuse.
unless she can prove she had a miscarriage .. then he would be slandering her ... i think ...
Old 06-09-2011, 06:25 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Legally you are correct. If he had used her name or likeness it could be considered, under some state's domestic violence laws, harassment, and she would be able to get a order of protection which would force the board down. And of course if it wasn't true and he used her name or likeness that would be slander and she could have it removed and sue him for damages. If she sat back and kept her mouth shut I would guess only their family and friends would know it was her. Now the whole internet knows. Seems like this woman needs to figure out to make better choices in life.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:26 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
unless she can prove she had a miscarriage .. then he would be slandering her ... i think ...
Yeah but given that her lawyer's response has not included slander I would guess she did infact have an abortion, plus her name wasn't used so slander is out.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:40 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2 View Post
Agree with the bold,who are we to tell a person how to live and force our morals on them(been some senators being very evil towards women in past week or so in their remarks). I only agree with abortion on RAPE/INCEST(and select few other situations) as to me Rape is probably the most horrific act you could do to a women. PPL can spew scientific facts on conception etc, doesn't make the choice or decision any different or easier. Last decision should be the womens whether ppl agree or not with it. I think the thread is getting off the real topic.
Now back to topic, I personally think its harassment and I think the guy is over doing it. I also, believe he didnt' really know if she had an abortion or miscarriage from one articale I read. If he continues to this act is it not considered harrassment no matter if its 'freedom of speech' I mean theres only so much name slandering a person should take. Just think the guy needs to get on with his life and move on.
Several years ago I did a paper and in my research I found several studies that state less than 1% of abortions are from rape, incest, or over medical reasons.

As for "who are we to tell person how to live", I believe Christians have a charge from God to stand up for our biblical based principals.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
True that, rnc.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Twinsmama

I bet she's one of those crazy bizotches that you dump and then they say they were pregnant. either aborted or miscarried. no way for a man to really know the truth either way. i'm glad he brought it to everyones attention. maybe it will make people think of the things that could happen