Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
So what you're saying is...you're a great big liar liar pants on fire?

no.. not exactly.. I was in the interview.. and a nurse asked me if I was married... I asked "Why?".. the response was to the effect of..."we won't do this without the wifes premission.".. well me being me.. "no I am not married".. as I held up my left hand.

but of course my wife came with me for the proceedure... no way I was going to be able to drive home.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
okay i'm taking the bait....why would you say that? what would have been the difference in saying yes? i had my tubes tied when i had surgery a few years after having my kids. they ask married/single on the paperwork at the hospital. it would never have crossed my mind to lie about it.

it sure is a crazy world we live in. i can't understand how a woman would conceive or abort a baby without support (i don't mean $) from baby daddy. i would be mad if i was the dad too. i don't think putting it on a billboard was smart but i understand where he is coming from. can you imagine how much you would hate someone if they killed your kid?

Not baiting anyone.. but just cause a person is married.. doesn't change much.. outside of of the two people being married... It shouldn't change anything.

My point is that ...

If a 20ish (some one obviously a legeal adult).. year old woman walks into a clinic and wants to get on the pill.. or have an abortition.. it shouldn't matter to the clinic if she is married or not married... If the woman declines to let the husband/boyfriend know that she is getting on the pill.. or having an abortition or just even having a consultation.. the answers that she is given, the assistance.. shouldn't change.

think about taxes, insurance rates, living commuities
Old 06-08-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

That guy is my newest hero.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
I read this and my take was that he was trying to bring focus to the point that fathers have no say in whether or not a mother decides to end her pregnancy.

He didn't use her name, so unless people knew the 2 of them personally, it wasn't releasing private info.
I agree that a father should have equal say in whether a woman is allowed to have an abortion. However, if he was not planning to marry her, then what does he have to complain about? If he was not willing to commit to her, what would make her believe that he would be willing to commit to their child?

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Of course, a little common sense before conception goes a long way towards avoiding this whole situation.

Condoms are only effective about 90% of the time. So even if you use a condom every time you have sex, then you still have a 1 in 10 chance of getting the girl pregnant. Even the woman's birth control methods aren't foolproof. So, if she is taking birth control AND you are using a condom, then the chances are reduced, but it is still possible to get her pregnant. No form of birth control is 100% effective, outside of abstinence.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:45 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Not baiting anyone.. but just cause a person is married.. doesn't change much.. outside of of the two people being married... It shouldn't change anything.

My point is that ...

If a 20ish (some one obviously a legeal adult).. year old woman walks into a clinic and wants to get on the pill.. or have an abortition.. it shouldn't matter to the clinic if she is married or not married... If the woman declines to let the husband/boyfriend know that she is getting on the pill.. or having an abortition or just even having a consultation.. the answers that she is given, the assistance.. shouldn't change.

think about taxes, insurance rates, living commuities
IT SHOULD MATTER IF ABORTION IS INVOLVED! It isn't fair for one parent to decide to terminate a life that required both parents to create. Adotion requires the concent for both parents, why shouldn't abortion?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
No form of birth control is 100% effective, outside of abstinence.

Sorrrrryyy....... cannnn't resist!!!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
IT SHOULD MATTER IF ABORTION IS INVOLVED! It isn't fair for one parent to decide to terminate a life that required both parents to create. Adotion requires the concent for both parents, why shouldn't abortion?
100% agreed. People seem to put the convenience and comfort of the mother ahead of the life of the child.

Quote:
Sorrrrryyy....... cannnn't resist!!!!!!!!

Christ isn't returning as a child, so we can say that it is 100% effective.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post

So why isn't birth control?

Hey.. I am a guy..

Personally feel my input is almost null and void when it comes to the matters of conception.. But many men feel "victimized".. when the girl gets "knocked up"..

Just like if a woman decides to keep a baby.. and the guy doesn't want to.. it's "ultimately" her decision. The old.. "He talked me into it.." that doesn't really wash with me...

The guy has very few "rights" when it comes to a matter of pregnancy.. granted many don't want them anyway...

Her body.. her choice.. pretty much everyone else needs to shut up.. IMO... two people did it.. two people have to live with the choices..

But with it being her body.. her choice.. which many people belive to be true.. that doesn't mean that the woman shouldn't get information that "the happy couple" receive.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
100% agreed. People seem to put the convenience and comfort of the mother ahead of the life of the child.
Agreed..with the sentiment... but you want your daughter/son to not be informed of something.. just because they are alone?? Facts don't change if your single/married/gay/whatever....

Then we get into the discussion.. when does life begin?? that's another thread...

I say..

think before you have sex.. pretty damn simple.. but again.. another thread.

Quote:
Christ isn't returning as a child, so we can say that it is 100% effective.

come on Nate.. If your scale is after Christ was born.. then it's 100%... if not.. then it's 99.9999999999 OO.. effective...
Old 06-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So why isn't birth control?

Hey.. I am a guy..

Personally feel my input is almost null and void when it comes to the matters of conception.. But many men feel "victimized".. when the girl gets "knocked up"..

Just like if a woman decides to keep a baby.. and the guy doesn't want to.. it's "ultimately" her decision. The old.. "He talked me into it.." that doesn't really wash with me...

The guy has very few "rights" when it comes to a matter of pregnancy.. granted many don't want them anyway...

Her body.. her choice.. pretty much everyone else needs to shut up.. IMO... two people did it.. two people have to live with the choices..

But with it being her body.. her choice.. which many people belive to be true.. that doesn't mean that the woman shouldn't get information that "the happy couple" receive.
Birth control seeks to prevent the egg from being fertilized. Once the egg is fertilized however, then it's no longer birth control. Genetically, after fertilization of the egg, the child is a fully realized and completely unique human being. No new genetic information will be added to the child's life at any stage in development. This is easily understood by reading any college Biology textbook.

So, before fertilization, the sperm and eggs are simply haploid gametes with only 50% of the genetic information needed to create a human being.

After fertilization, the sperm has transferred it's genetic information to the egg and they become a diploid cell, meaning they have 100% of the genetic information required to create a human being.

That's the difference between birth control and abortion. Anything that prevents the haploid gametes from becoming a diploid cell is birth control. Anything that seeks to terminate the diploid cell (or cells) after conception is abortion.