Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-07-2011, 03:56 AM
Chris F

Default Is Moral leadership important? The Weiner debate

http://southronpartisan.blogspot.com...important.html please visit the site to help me keep track. Thanks guys and gals.

Is moral leadership important?
Once again we as a country find ourselves debating weather morality is a trait our leaders should posses in order to lead this nation. Funny thing this is not a new thing. In fact, the term hooker for a prostitute can be traced to a less than moral leader from the great Union Army who provided prostitutes for his men while they invaded the South. Today Congressmen Weiner finally admitted he lied and did in fact carry on explicit acts with women whom were not his wife over the telephone. Mind you he did this while working in congress and with property owned by the Government. Now he refuses to do the right thing a resign his post. Our question must be should he, or is what he does his business. Washington said this about leadership:
“[A] good moral character is the first essential in a man, and that the habits contracted at your age are generally indelible, and your conduct here may stamp your character through life. It is therefore highly important that you should endeavor not only to be learned but virtuous.” –George Washington, letter to Steptoe Washington, 1790
Is moral leadership needed to run our government? Many of our founders thought so. Here are a few quotes from them:

‎"He who is void of virtuous Attachments in private Life, is, or very soon will be void of all Regard for his Country. There is seldom an Instance of a Man guilty of betraying his Country, who had not before lost the Feeling of moral Obligations in his private Connections." - Letter to James Warren, November 4, 1775

Thomas Jefferson said:
"He who is void of virtuous Attachments in private Life, is, or very soon will be void of all Regard for his Country. There is seldom an Instance of a Man guilty of betraying his Country, who had not before lost the Feeling of moral Obligations in his private Connections." - Letter to James Warren, November 4, 1775

So should he resign? My opinion is yes. Mr. Weiner lacks the ability to properly lead this nation. His indiscretion discredits his leadership and he should resign effectively immediately. Sadly, this is status quo for many in leadership today. Neither Republican nor Democrat can seem to lead in a way that is moral or proper for that matter. Is it their fault? Since the church has lost it’s moral compass can we really be surprised that out government has also lost theirs? If we truly want a change in leadership we need to first change our society. A moral constitutional society knows their rights come from God alone and to attempt to run a country apart for the moral values taught in the Word of God is like trying shoot a photograph without a flash. Sure there maybe a picture but it will lack clarity and definition. Our founder knew this and this is why they pushed so hard for a moral society and knew it (the Gov) was created for a moral people. However, today society is trying it's best to eliminate Jesus and God from the conscience of the community in order to make acceptable the immorality of itself and its leadership. Had we been a moral people Mr Wiener would not be in office and I would not need to write this blog. What we need for real change in America is an Awakening of real biblical and constitutional government. John Adams said it best when he said this:

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - Address to the Military, October 11, 1798

In closing I hope you can understand the gravity of what i am saying. We cannot continue to run this government apart form divine authority and constitutional purity. To do so will continue to produce more and more immoral leaders like Mr. Weiner, Clinton, Gingrich, etc etc. I will leave you with a quote from Will Rogers who probably will best epitomize this discussion with

“If we ever pass out as a great nation we ought to put on our tombstone 'America died from a delusion that she had moral leadership'.”
Old 06-07-2011, 04:16 AM
Administrator

I like this post too.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:45 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I like this post too.
Thanks Mark I really appreciate that.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:29 PM
atomdanger

Good post.

I definitely have to question someones decision making abilities when they're in a political position and tweeting picture of his penis to people.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Yes, Moral leadership is important.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:11 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

While I know they are human our leaders should at least strive to live a moral life! If given a choice I would much prefer someone that I thought was honest. I ain't a big fan of a lawmaker that commits adultery,sends lewd pictures to somebody other than his/her Wife/Husband or otherwise shows a lack of decent moral Values!