Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 06-06-2011, 08:10 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Just to make it clear, Ben, I wasn't questioning what you had posted. I was really asking because I didn't know (I thought you probably knew, and it'd be quicker just to ask instead of having to go look it up! )

Like, Rev, I thank you for posting those verses/lines. I appreciate your extra effort too.
O, gotcha. Yeah, sorry, I'm not certain.

EDIT: Good thing there's such thing as online Bibles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excerpts from John 13
1 Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour had come to depart out of this world to the Father, having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end. 2 During supper, when the devil had already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him, 3 Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he had come from God and was going back to God, 4 rose from supper.
. . .
9 Simon Peter said to him, “Lord, not my feet only but also my hands and my head!” 10 Jesus said to him, “The one who has bathed does not need to wash, except for his feet,[1] but is completely clean. And you[2] are clean, but not every one of you.” 11 For he knew who was to betray him; that was why he said, “Not all of you are clean.”
. . .
21 After saying these things, Jesus was troubled in his spirit, and testified, “Truly, truly, I say to you, one of you will betray me.” 22 The disciples looked at one another, uncertain of whom he spoke. 23 One of his disciples, whom Jesus loved, was reclining at table close to Jesus,[5] 24 so Simon Peter motioned to him to ask Jesus[6] of whom he was speaking. 25 So that disciple, leaning back against Jesus, said to him, “Lord, who is it?” 26 Jesus answered, “It is he to whom I will give this morsel of bread when I have dipped it.” So when he had dipped the morsel, he gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. 27 Then after he had taken the morsel, Satan entered into him. Jesus said to him, “What you are going to do, do quickly.” 28 Now no one at the table knew why he said this to him. 29 Some thought that, because Judas had the moneybag, Jesus was telling him, “Buy what we need for the feast,” or that he should give something to the poor. 30 So, after receiving the morsel of bread, he immediately went out. And it was night.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:25 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Should non-believers be allowed to take communion?
You shouldn't even reach for it unless you want your mom to take you out the back door an tear you up with a switch off the crape myrtle trees.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
You shouldn't even reach for it unless you want your mom to take you out the back door an tear you up with a switch off the crape myrtle trees.
LOL You must have been raised in a Baptist Chruch! LOL
Old 06-06-2011, 08:31 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
LOL You must have been raised in a Baptist Chruch! LOL
Yep! And we called it The Lord Supper. Do just Baptist do that?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:42 PM
BamaGrits84

I don't really think it is a matter of should someone be allowed to be a part of. Every time I have taken it the pastors ALWAYS tell people if you don't know Christ as your personal Savior don't do it. I think most even have a time of leading those who desire to accept Jesus in a prayer before hand. I have always felt that the judgement we are not supposed to pass is in regards to attempting to tell someone they are not worthy of a relationship with Christ and thing sort of falls under that area to me. As a church and Christians our job is to make the scriptures known, not snatch a cracker from someone to stop them from sinning IMO.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:47 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Yep! And we called it The Lord Supper. Do just Baptist do that?
My church (PCA) calls it a few different things, Lord's Supper, Lord's Table, Body & Blood, etc., but the most common is Communion.

Quote:
I don't really think it is a matter of should someone be allowed to be a part of. Every time I have taken it the pastors ALWAYS tell people if you don't know Christ as your personal Savior don't do it. I think most even have a time of leading those who desire to accept Jesus in a prayer before hand. I have always felt that the judgement we are not supposed to pass is in regards to attempting to tell someone they are not worthy of a relationship with Christ and thing sort of falls under that area to me. As a church and Christians our job is to make the scriptures known, not snatch a cracker from someone to stop them from sinning IMO.
THIS. Well said, Bama!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:55 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Old 06-07-2011, 12:56 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

btw, I think this thread is an underhanded way of flushing out the Catholics in the house.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Should non-believers be allowed to take communion?
should mexicans be allowed to vote?

should serra/trigg fans be allowed to hate on hughes here?

should muslims be allowed to celebrate easter?

should strangers be allowed into random peoples weddings/funerals?

should guests be allowed to post here anonymously?

if a non believer took "communion" is it really communion? I mean how can God commune with someone He doesn't know?

Last edited by adamt; 06-07-2011 at 03:27 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:16 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
should strangers be allowed into random peoples weddings/funerals?

[/thread]