Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 06-06-2011, 06:36 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
GOD.

Don't hit me! I do know what you're saying RNC...I just couldn't help myself! No seriously, GOD will know of course, and that person will know (or should) unless they are terribly confused. But, you're right, no one (human) can know what is truly in someone's heart.

I think an even better question is: Should a believer be taking communion when he/she is knowingly sinning? Of course, I know we are all sinners, but I think y'all know what I mean by "knowingly".
that was kinda my point, but i think you got it ...

as for knowingly sinning ... didn't judas participate in communion knowing he was going to sin? even Jesus knew and still let him partake ... again, i am know where at the level of some people on here when it comes to theology, so half the stuff i say is probably non-sense
Old 06-06-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Maybe a non-believer taking communion will trigger a thought that puts him on the right path. It doesn't hurt to allow them, so why not allow all and hope it helps a message get through to some?

Worst case scenario, nobody changes and you have a little less bread and grape juice.
I see what you're getting at, but I think it would be like "putting the cart before the horse" so to speak. Or maybe a better analogy would be someone hands you a pill and says, "Mike, take this pill, it's going to make your life better." But he doesn't tell you what's in the pill or how it's going to make your life better so you're missing some important pieces there. You see what I mean?

Edit: See Ben's post below--he said it way better and backed it up too!

Last edited by Bonnie; 06-06-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Waiting for June 6th

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Maybe a non-believer taking communion will trigger a thought that puts him on the right path. It doesn't hurt to allow them, so why not allow all and hope it helps a message get through to some?

Worst case scenario, nobody changes and you have a little less bread and grape juice.
Unfortunately, that's not the case:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Corinthians 11:23-32
23For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25</