Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default TUF 13 Finale ***SPOILERS***

OK, I just got home in time to see the announcement of a 29-28 UD in favor of Kyle Kingsbury. Anybody care to fill me in on the previous bouts?
Old 06-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Allons-y

Rock on, I haven't missed the Creduer/Herman fight! I was afraid it had been one of the early bouts & I wouldn't get to see it.

Rooting hard for Tim (teammate), but I like Short Fuse a lot, too. Should be a battle!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Allons-y

Herman's establishing his jab early. Both guys happy to throw, but Ed connects with a short uppercut, dropping Tim, then he swarming until the ref called he fight.

Quick TKO for Ed!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:41 AM
Allons-y

Hahaha, pretty sure they just showed a a highlight of Clay practicing head-faking with his hair going everywhere.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:01 AM
Allons-y

First minute of Guida/Pettis is a lot of bouncing & circling & flowing locks. Pettis throws a kick, which Clay catches & uses for a takedown. Showtime, however, quickly establishes wrist control & quickly begins threaten with submissions. Clay defends well & both men are throughing strikes back & forth. Anthony gets back up, but Clay immediately shoots in & presses him against the cage. Guida lands the takedown & pins him against the cage. He's throwing shoulder strikes, but Pettis tries for another triangle. Clay's doing a good job of posturing & defending. Clay's finally able to pass to half-guard & begins to trying to get his right leg free.

Wow, 5min are up already? That was stupid fst, I thought we were maybe only 3min in!! I'd give it to Clay, 10-9, but it was a tough first round!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:07 AM
Allons-y

2nd rnd starts & Pettis' corner is telling him not to throw the right high kick so that Clay can't het the easy takedown. Doesn't matter. Clay blitzes in, shoves him against the fence, elevates & takes him down. Anthony is quick to get his back against the fence & is trying to wall-walk back up, but Clay won't let him. Showtime eventual forces his way to his feet, but Guida's still grinding him against the fence. Anthony eventually circles out & throws a nice combo, ending with a head kick. He throws a 360 spinning back kick that barely misses. Pettis tries another kick which Guida almost catches for a takedown. They circle some more & Guida baits Pettis into exchange, then switches levels & takes him down. As the round ends, Anthony is trying desperately to lock in an armbar, but Clay defends & nearly manages to pass.

Another 10-9 for Guida. Anthony needs to finish if he wants to win, IMO.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:13 AM
Allons-y

Last round, Clay is still pressuring, not content to rest on his laurels. He faints an inside leg kick & lands an overhand right. When Pettis tries to anser, he drops down & gets another take down. Anthony is again trying to lock in a triangle, but Clay's defense has been great thus far. He's landing strikes & moves into half-guard. Pettis regains his guard & moves his back against the cage, trying again to wall-walk his way up. Clay presses him against the cage again & tries for a takedown, but Pettis reverses, landing in side control. As he tries to mount, Clay rolls & Pettis takes the back, locking in the hooks. Out of no where, Guida shoots backwards, sneaking out the backdoor & comes up on top, quickly passing to side control & then starts to take Pettis' back, sinking in hooks of his own as the horn marks the end of the fight.

Wow, Clay absolutely dominated in there, definitely winning the decision 30-27.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Rev

I like Pettis, but I am glad to see Clay get this win.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:21 AM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I like Pettis, but I am glad to see Clay get this win.
Agreed. I knew it was a bad match-up for Pettis. Hope he gets his title shot, now.

Dave's gonna be pissed, though. Anyone ready for another 15 threads de-railed with "It was a draw, therefore he failed in his contendership & therefore he doesn't get a rematch" rants?
Old 06-05-2011, 03:27 AM
kevint13

I was pulling for Pettis...I think stylistically he makes a much more exciting and interesting fight than Guida can for either Edgar or Maynard. But Guida is definitely deserving, it will just be a fight I will skip watching.