Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-04-2011, 03:06 AM
atomdanger

Default GSP's Future

*IF* he beats Diaz, where do you think he should go?
Home?
185?

Honestly there is nothing left for him at WW.
What could be keeping him there after Diaz?

The money, the interesting fights, the legacy, everything is at MW.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:11 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
*IF* he beats Diaz, where do you think he should go?
Home?
185?

Honestly there is nothing left for him at WW.
What could be keeping him there after Diaz?

The money, the interesting fights, the legacy, everything is at MW.
pretty much dead on...
Old 06-04-2011, 05:18 AM
huan

lo siento, he doesn't have the frame for 185
Old 06-04-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan View Post
lo siento, he doesn't have the frame for 185
Tu crees que no? El pesa como 190lbs cuando no tiene que bajar a 170. Yo digo que si la arma y facil.

I think he should go to 185lbs.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:05 AM
ERStettin

He goes to 185lbs long enough for Silva to take him apart and then what? I am not sure he is going to get by Nick.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:32 PM
rearnakedchoke

imo there are always gonna be fighters out there to challenge him ... but imo, no one has cleaned out a division quite like gsp has ever .. well anderson, but a lot of people want to see him and chael again, so he still has a fight or two there ... as for gsp, i think he wants to go up to 185, but he doesn't want guys like fitch, bj, story etc fighting for his belt ... i'd be the same way i think, i'd be like, why am i giving these guys my belt, they should have to beat me for it ... i think the gsp/silva fight will happen after each of these guys are done their current fights .. but who knows
Old 06-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Maldonado136

Who knows, if he doesn't want to go to 85 (you know he doesn't) then he shouldn't have to. I've seen people move classes for losing but I've never seen anyone forced to move weight classes for doing good. When Matt was dominating everyone no one said "Hey Hughes is doing too good he has to go to middleweight now!" People wanted him to get as many title defenses as he could and there is no real reason for Georges to do any different. Of course the problem is that Georges is too good so there is no one left, I honestly have no clue what is next. Also if he moves up then we know that whoever gets the welterweight belt isn't the real champ. Fitch wins a belt that Georges let him have wow that's great...
Old 06-04-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
Who knows, if he doesn't want to go to 85 (you know he doesn't) then he shouldn't have to. I've seen people move classes for losing but I've never seen anyone forced to move weight classes for doing good. When Matt was dominating everyone no one said "Hey Hughes is doing too good he has to go to middleweight now!" People wanted him to get as many title defenses as he could and there is no real reason for Georges to do any different. Of course the problem is that Georges is too good so there is no one left, I honestly have no clue what is next. Also if he moves up then we know that whoever gets the welterweight belt isn't the real champ. Fitch wins a belt that Georges let him have wow that's great...
+1

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-04-2011, 10:20 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
Didn't Matt offer to go to MW after a fight?
Yes, he did.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Didn't Matt offer to go to MW after a fight?
Yes, he did.
Did He? Nope.