Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-02-2011, 04:48 PM
billwilliams70

Default ‘Rampage’ continues to assault reporters, find it funny

Quote:
After Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's win over Matt Hamill at UFC 130, he gave an interview to MMA Heat reporter Karyn Bryant. When answering her questions, he commented on her looks, said she was making him "horny," then put his head into her chest to mimic "motorboating."

Bryant laughed off the incident. If it were me, I don't know if I could do the same. Most of the times that I've met and interviewed Jackson, he's been fine. He hasn't been a joy to interview, but he hasn't been rude and certainly hasn't assaulted me.

What's different? My interviews are rarely on video. I prefer to write my stories, so Jackson doesn't have quite the stage as he does on when interviewed with a video camera. Jackson's worst actions -- assaulting Bryant, grabbing a Cage Potato reporter, threatening MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani and hitting Cagewriter's own Steve Cofield in the crotch -- happen when he's on camera.

His act is tired and old, yet we continue to interview the man and give him the publicity he needs to further his career, and that's where MMA media is making the mistake. He thinks it's funny to assault the people who cover his fights, who write about his movie, who give him a stage to show off the "Rampage" persona.

Let's stop doing that. Take away his stage. Don't ask him questions in press conferences, don't cover his every move, don't give him another chance to assault reporters. He may think his act is funny and cute, but there is one way to ensure that no one else finds it funny or cute. Don't cover it.
Link --> http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma-wp2828

Later.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:28 PM

http://youtu.be/c1Z1fHdnFqc

Here is the Helwani Interview! Its F'g Funny although I feel bad for Ariel cause he is such a cool dude.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:50 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
http://youtu.be/c1Z1fHdnFqc

Here is the Helwani Interview! Its F'g Funny although I feel bad for Ariel cause he is such a cool dude.
yeah, rampage is just clowning on ariel ... the other video sounds inappropriate, but i have yet to see it ...
Old 06-02-2011, 06:06 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yeah, rampage is just clowning on ariel ... the other video sounds inappropriate, but i have yet to see it ...
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/29...ht-mmaheat-com

It's really not a big deal at all & she's joking around with him the whole time. She said over twitter that people needed to chill out & they were clearly both joking around.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

He is such a jackass.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:41 PM

Ariel handled that interview really well!

I agree that Quinton is a jackass but, as for the other video, they did just seem to be joking around.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-02-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

I agree that Quinton is a jackass but, as for the other video, they did just seem to be joking around.
Yeah they make it seem like Rampage pressed his face on her breast but he didn't even come close
Old 06-02-2011, 07:22 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

Agreed. For whatever reason, Rampage has decided that he doesn't like Ariel & he's been a real a-hole to him recently. As for Rampage's other interviews, he's just being a goofball.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Yeah they make it seem like Rampage pressed his face on her breast but he didn't even come close
Yeah, exactly. He was just pantomiming the gesture, he didn't put his head "into her chest" as the article suggests.

Sexual harassment is a serious thing but sometimes an agenda gets in the way and can lead to THIS!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 06-02-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Agreed. For whatever reason, Rampage has decided that he doesn't like Ariel & he's been a real a-hole to him recently. As for Rampage's other interviews, he's just being a goofball.
Do you listen to The MMA Hour with Ariel? Did you hear when Rampage was on last Monday I believe? Ariel never asked him anything bad at least not that I think. Rampage got all because Ariel asked him about Mo Lowal or whatever his name is.