Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Nick Diaz.. 24 wins.. 4 by decision
GSP .. 22 wins .. 9 by decision

GSP 2 losses (1 to a champ and 1 to a chump) one by sub (by a champ) and one due to a GnP beatdown (by a chump) yes.. it was a stoppage.. but if you watch that fight.. GSP was tapping when the ref stepped in..

Nick Diaz - 2 TKO losses..(1 to punches in 02..and one due to a cut) 7 decision losses.

Everyone has their off days.. but GSP doesn't "bring the fight".. Nick.. BRINGS the FIGHT....

Unless GSP works on aggression... This will be Nick's fight to lose.. and again.. I am NOT a fan of Nick.. (at least not as a person.. I wish I could take a punch like he does...)
Old 06-02-2011, 02:13 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Sweat!!!!

War GSP!!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 02:17 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post

GSP 2 losses (1 to a champ and 1 to a chump) one by sub (by a champ) and one due to a GnP beatdown (by a chump) yes.. it was a stoppage.. but if you watch that fight.. GSP was tapping when the ref stepped in..

Nick Diaz - 2 TKO losses..(1 to punches in 02..and one due to a cut) 7 decision losses.

Everyone has their off days.. but GSP doesn't "bring the fight".. Nick.. BRINGS the FIGHT....

Unless GSP works on aggression... This will be Nick's fight to lose.. and again.. I am NOT a fan of Nick.. (at least not as a person.. I wish I could take a punch like he does...)
you seriously are not comparing records of these two are you? gsp has perhaps the most impressive mma resume and diaz has been fighting in the minor leagues for the last few years .. gsp by domination
Old 06-02-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
you seriously are not comparing records of these two are you? gsp has perhaps the most impressive mma resume and diaz has been fighting in the minor leagues for the last few years .. gsp by domination

I am looking at numbers...

GSPs has not had really great fights.. the last time I was IMPRESSED by GSP was when he caught Matt in the armbar/shoulder lock.. I am a Matt Hughes fan.. against ANY other fighter.. but that was a good sub...

He couldn't finish a 1 eyed Josh Koscheck..
He couldn't finish Hardy..
He couldn't finish Shields
He couldn't finish Thiago
He couldn't finish Fitch.. (but hardly any can finish Fitch an NO one in something like the last 10 years)
He couldn't finish Jason Miller..

Out of that list.. I don't think that Nick could beat Thiago... (depends on how much improved his ground game is..) and Fitch.. (that may be my heart talking.. I am a closet Fitch and Hazelett fan)

GSP DID finish...

Sherk (that was rough to watch)
Trigg... (who HASN'T finished Trigg)
Serra... that was fun to watch.. and GSP wanted the strap back

Nick has finished...

Denny, Smith, Noons and Daley.. all really tough fighters... If you don't think that they are tough.. then you might want to re-think.. then throw in the "middle guys".. Santos has skills.. and some others..

Nick beats GSP.. by stoppage/submission.. or unanimous decision.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:56 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:

GSP DID finish...

Sherk (that was rough to watch)
Trigg... (who HASN'T finished Trigg)
Serra... that was fun to watch.. and GSP wanted the strap back
Did you forget that he also finished Matt, twice?

I will be rooting for Diaz, but it's highly likely that GSP ends up beating him. If you are that sure about Diaz, put your money up and place a bet online. I think Diaz is like a +325 right now, so if he did win at those odds you could make some decent change.

It's also funny how you always say a "one-eyed Josh Koscheck". You make it seem like Kos is a pirate or he already had some sort of injury rather than the fact that GSP tenderized that eye like a piece of steak for 5 rounds.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:

LOL, are you serious with this? Name 1 top 10 fighter on Nick's resume whom he beat. And don't say Frank Shamrock, he was not a top 10 when they fought.

Meanwhile, GSP has been OWNING top 2s-3s for years.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:04 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

I will be rooting for Diaz, but it's highly likely that GSP ends up beating him. If you are that sure about Diaz, put your money up and place a bet online. I think Diaz is like a +325 right now, so if he did win at those odds you could make some decent change.

It's also funny how you always say a "one-eyed Josh Koscheck". You make it seem like Kos is a pirate or he already had some sort of injury rather than the fact that GSP tenderized that eye like a piece of steak for 5 rounds.
yeah .. but diaz fans forget to mention that nick couldn't finish noons who had a broken jaw in the first round .. and i think a broken hand ... finishes are over rated .. both gsp and diaz had those fights won and their opponents weren't pushing things to win, so they just did what they were doing and won the fight ..
Old 06-02-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

Nope didn't forget that.. But one was so far back that .. IMO.. not a factor.. and the second.. well.. everyone has the "good day/bad day"..

I will be looking to do something just like that really soon. (betting on the fight... real betting.. not a wager amongest friends.. that's.. !gosh! illegal)

Nate named him "the one eyed man" in the spoliers for UFC 124 ( I think that was the thread).. and the damage to the one eye was in the first round.. at least to the point where he wasn't seeing out of it.. DEFINATELY within the first minute of the second.. NO WAY Koz could see out of that eye.. so to leave a LOT of "wiggle room".. for 3 full rounds... GSP couldn't finish a one eyed man in a fight.

Again.. I have become a Koz fan.. (hated his 'tude on TUF).. and I am a GSP fan..
Old 06-02-2011, 03:09 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
finishes are over rated .. both gsp and diaz had those fights won and their opponents weren't pushing things to win, so they just did what they were doing and won the fight ..
I couldn't agree more
Old 06-02-2011, 03:14 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Nope didn't forget that.. But one was so far back that .. IMO.. not a factor.. and the second.. well.. everyone has the "good day/bad day"..

I will be looking to do something just like that really soon. (betting on the fight... real betting.. not a wager amongest friends.. that's.. !gosh! illegal)
Nate named him "the one eyed man" in the spoliers for UFC 124 ( I think that was the thread).. and the damage to the one eye was in the first round.. at least to the point where he wasn't seeing out of it.. DEFINATELY within the first minute of the second.. NO WAY Koz could see out of that eye.. so to leave a LOT of "wiggle room".. for 3 full rounds... GSP couldn't finish a one eyed man in a fight.

Again.. I have become a Koz fan.. (hated his 'tude on TUF).. and I am a GSP fan..
you don't make the rules around here .. but you do have to follow them .....