Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Maldonado136

Default GSP vs Diaz is on!!!

"U wanted it! U GOT IT!!! GSP vs DIAZ Oct 29th UFC 137 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas" Dana White's twitter

YES!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
"U wanted it! U GOT IT!!! GSP vs DIAZ Oct 29th UFC 137 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas" Dana White's twitter

YES!!!
you beat me to it! LOL
This will be a good fight, I think

[
Old 06-02-2011, 12:56 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

You guys are nuts picking Diaz.

Last edited by Neezar; 06-02-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:11 AM

Sweat!!!!

This is going to be a great fight!!!
The countdown should be awesome not to mention all the funny comments that are going to be posted on here about how Diaz will finish GSP and how he is the answer to the GSP code.

War GSP!!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:31 AM
wavetar

Awesome...Nick will definitely force the action...I can't wait to see how GSP responds. I predict a stoppage by GSP...I have to, the alternative is to predict one for Nick
Old 06-02-2011, 02:11 AM
Maldonado136

seeing this alone is enough to make me jump outta my seat.

I like both guys but I'll be rooting for Nick. This is mainly because I've been a huge Nick Diaz fan since the beginning and I love his fighting style and what he is about. Also his interviews are pure gold. I'm glad the fight isn't in Canada this time. Since I don't have a desperate hate for GSP I won't sit here and act like Nick will just go in and dominate no matter what (although I think it was Spiritwalker who predicted that but doesn't hate GSP and thats fine too) but if Nick does pull this off then this will be my face

Old 06-02-2011, 02:40 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

AWESOME! FANTASTIC!! BALLIN'!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
I like both guys but I'll be rooting for Nick. This is mainly because I've been a huge Nick Diaz fan since the beginning and I love his fighting style and what he is about. Also his interviews are pure gold. I'm glad the fight isn't in Canada this time. Since I don't have a desperate hate for GSP I won't sit here and act like Nick will just go in and dominate no matter what (although I think it was Spiritwalker who predicted that but doesn't hate GSP and thats fine too) but if Nick does pull this off then this will be my face

Nah..

I am a GSP fan. I like him.. I like the way he represents.. outside of the cage.. I like that he is very "blunt" in his speaking. When you get past the accent.. and the occasional flub.. ("I am not impressed by your preformance".. man that ticked me off... but then I started thinking about it.. If an American had said that.. with English as their first language.. that would be offensive.. but someone trying to say something off the top.. in a second language... I learned to let that slide.. If someone who really knows him was able to say he ment to be offensive to Matt with that comment.. I would prolly do some changin...).. he comes off as very genuine.. and he is from Kyoshukin karate.. those guys are bad arse.... goofy Kumite.. but still the real deal.

His fight preformances.. those are getting tougher to deal with.. GSP.. I like him.. and he can be dominate... but only if his opponent makes an error.. other than that.. he fights not to lose... and I don't like that.

Nick is going to return to the UFC.. with SOO much to prove.. Nickhas been hit by stronger fighters.. and stayed in the pocket.. and fired back.. always gives more than he gets in an exchange. Paul Daley has better hands than GSP.. and Nick was rocked.. but kept coming..

Nick is better on the ground.. looking for subs and trying to punish..

I only see GSP wining this fight if he is on top on the ground.. gets in a few good elbows...

But since EVERYONE pretty much knows that Nick's weak spot is for the most part.. off his back.. do we really think.... that Nick won't be working that a lot????

I would not be surprised if Nick came into this fight as the favorite to win...

And that is coming from a GSP fan....

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 06-02-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:39 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I would not be surprised if Nick came into this fight as the favorite to win...
Las Vegas would be surprised
Old 06-02-2011, 01:39 PM
rearnakedchoke

nice ... gsp gonna whoop dat ass ... glad rockdawg is getting his payday on ... LOL ... as a canadian, i am also glad that this fight is in NV ... we can do plenty of cards up here without gsp as our fans are crazy ...