Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 08-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default YES! I LIKE THIS IDEA FOR TUF

Fox Network which is taking over the broadcasting of TUF has helpped The UFC come up with a way to rebrand TUF. We all know its getting stupid.

Well...They have decided that the Show will be live. That is to say, the filming will take place during the week, and the editing will happen super fast to bring you the episode at the end of the week it was filmed.

More over...They are thinking of a telephone vote for the public to decide which fighters fight each other

I LOVE IT

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...d-for-november
Old 08-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

pissed about them getting rid of the Gladiator bit at the start though
Old 08-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
pissed about them getting rid of the Gladiator bit at the start though
seriously?
Old 08-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
seriously?
Yes Gladiators are very missunderstood, and very inaccurately portrayed most often I hope they dont try to push it towards professional wrestling...because the UFC really is the modern day equivilent of the Ludi Romanus... Everytime I speak about this people get upset with me, but thats coz they dont understand what the Games were, they just want to distance themselves from blood sports, because thats the usual taxonomy for the Roman Gladiators. Its largely False. Though not totally of course.

They say its cruel to put slaves and criminals in for Gladiators to kill, without realizing that those were prisoners awaiting state execution...which wasnt pleasent from the Roman State. They also neglect to see that almost 90 percent of Gladiatorial matches were one on one and didnt end in death...really only the main events did, and even then it was up to popular opinion.

I dont understand why people try to distance themselves, if they were fully educated on history they wouldnt have quite so much of a problem comprehending that Roman Gladiators were not barbarians, they were skilled fighters, often Service or Ex-Service men, often Gladiators by choice rather then reformed Slaves, and where Honour and Merit and sportsmanship means a lot more then the likes of half the UFC roster expose.

They even had their own Cemeteries
Old 08-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Yes Gladiators are very missunderstood, and very inaccurately portrayed most often I hope they dont try to push it towards professional wrestling...because the UFC really is the modern day equivilent of the Ludi Romanus... Everytime I speak about this people get upset with me, but thats coz they dont understand what the Games were, they just want to distance themselves from blood sports, because thats the usual taxonomy for the Roman Gladiators. Its largely False. Though not totally of course.

They say its cruel to put slaves and criminals in for Gladiators to kill, without realizing that those were prisoners awaiting state execution...which wasnt pleasent from the Roman State. They also neglect to see that almost 90 percent of Gladiatorial matches were one on one and didnt end in death...really only the main events did, and even then it was up to popular opinion.

I dont understand why people try to distance themselves, if they were fully educated on history they wouldnt have quite so much of a problem comprehending that Roman Gladiators were not barbarians, they were skilled fighters, often Service or Ex-Service men, often Gladiators by choice rather then reformed Slaves, and where Honour and Merit and sportsmanship means a lot more then the likes of half the UFC roster expose.

They even had their own Cemeteries
I don't think the issue was thee Gladiator image it was the poor execution and production of the entry...

The execution was stupid not the intent.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I don't think the issue was thee Gladiator image it was the poor execution and production of the entry...

The execution was stupid not the intent.
You think? I dont think it was that poor...over used perhaps...but I dont think it was poor. I DO wonder who they paid to act out the part though
Old 08-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Hughes fanboy

I don't see how having it live will enhance it much.

The show has been horrible for years. Worse yet, its barely produced 1 decent fighter. They should just cancel it.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-20-2011, 05:16 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I don't see how having it live will enhance it much.

The show has been horrible for years. Worse yet, its barely produced 1 decent fighter. They should just cancel it.
That's because SpikeTV was in charge of casting & they wanted to pick a whole slew of Junie Brownings that would do stupid $h!t in the house for ratings. The UFC's back in control now & it'll be more like the first two seasons when it focused more on the fighters & fight than the house bull$h!t.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
That's because SpikeTV was in charge of casting & they wanted to pick a whole slew of Junie Brownings that would do stupid $h!t in the house for ratings. The UFC's back in control now & it'll be more like the first two seasons when it focused more on the fighters & fight than the house bull$h!t.
I hope so, but if it fails AGAIN it should be the last season. It's a turnoff for MMA.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-22-2011, 01:50 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Once Fox signed the deal with the UFC, Bill O'Rielly walked in the room and told Rupert Murdoch and Dana White that when it came to The Ultimate Fighter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV9MZ...eature=related

Personally, I'm not sure that it's gonna make it a whole lot better, but I guess we will see.