Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-31-2011, 01:01 PM
rearnakedchoke

Default Silva Scolds Okami for Training with ‘Loser’ Sonnen

You tell'em Anderson .......

Middleweight champion Anderson Silva is counting down the days until he defends his title against the world-ranked Yushin Okami and returns to his homeland at UFC 134 on Aug. 27 at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Silva does not mince words when it comes to Okami and the training partners with which he has aligned himself.

In an interview on Sunday with O Globo, Brazil’s second largest newspaper, Siva scolded Okami for training with former challenger Chael Sonnen. The Team Quest representative took four rounds from Silva at UFC 117 in August and dominated him for vast portions of the fight before succumbing to a fifth-round triangle choke. After the bout, Sonnen tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone and had his license revoked by the California State Athletic Commission. He later ran afoul of the law, leading to a guilty plea on federal money laundering charges.

“You have to find the best people to train with, and I think [Okami] chose wrong,” Silva said. “I’d never align myself with a loser, a loser in every sense. He didn’t win the fight [between us] and got caught doping. You want to be a champion? Get with good people, with winners. Moreover, Sonnen wasn’t a tough opponent for me. I was injured with cracked ribs and fought five rounds. If I hadn’t been injured, the fight would have been different.”
Although critical of Okami, Silva expects the Japanese brute to be well-prepared when the two collide in their rematch. Okami was the last man to defeat “The Spider,” albeit by disqualification. The UFC middleweight champion already feels the pressure of having to perform in front of the home fans, comparing it to the buildup before an emotionally charged soccer match.

“Brazilians are involved in MMA; they’re talking about it,” Silva said. “Many people call me to talk and to tell me they’ll be at my fight. They want to see me live. It’s a different emotion. I’m starting to feel like Brazil vs. Argentina, not the rivalry but the pressure. I’m trained not to feel pressure, to approach it as just one more fight. And I’ll have to train because [Okami] will be well-trained, just like the Argentines when they come to play here [in soccer].”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Sil...r-Sonnen-32769
Old 05-31-2011, 03:04 PM

Bu bu bu but I had cracked ribs...

That kind of crap makes me dislike people. Excuses. If you get into the cage, you're there to fight. Not make excuses why you had your ass handed to you for 24 mins lol.

True champions don't make excuses and denounce others.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post

That kind of crap makes me dislike people. Excuses. If you get into the cage, you're there to fight. Not make excuses why you had your ass handed to you for 24 mins lol.

Exactly!!! I hope this Pu$$y gets beat by Okami.
I could care less about Okami but I will be rooting for him on this fight.

It sounds like Cracked Ribs Anderson is still bitter about getting his ass handed to him for 4-1/2 rounds.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post

Exactly..
One reason I always like Anderson was because he never stooped to stuff like this. Yes, ironically I like Chael for the opposite. Anderson just lost some respect from me.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:50 PM
BoneDoc

It's one thing to say you had cracked ribs. It's another to have proof before you fight. As far as I know Chael is the one who cracked Silva's ribs driving him into the ground for 5 rounds, putting him on his back. Chael dominated Silva and he is the only one who has.

Yep, Chael got tired and lazy and got himself caught in the last minute, and thats why you go till the bell rings. If Chael can get back in goods with commission he will correct that.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:56 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Maybe Silva is worried that Chael may actually help his oppentate! I used to like Silva cuase he seemed like a good humble respectful guy. But now I'm beginning to wonder if it was just his translator makeing him sound nice!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:16 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Exactly..
One reason I always like Anderson was because he never stooped to stuff like this. Yes, ironically I like Chael for the opposite. Anderson just lost some respect from me.
Well Silva may just be right about Sonnen, Maybe a loser to him is a guy who needs to find away to cheat, all be it a gray area and maybe a loser to Silva is someone who does try to scam people.

Of course maybe it was the simple fact that once again when it was all on the line Sonnen choked... literally, just like he did in WeC
Old 05-31-2011, 06:30 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Well Silva may just be right about Sonnen, Maybe a loser to him is a guy who needs to find away to cheat, all be it a gray area and maybe a loser to Silva is someone who does try to scam people.

Of course maybe it was the simple fact that once again when it was all on the line Sonnen choked... literally, just like he did in WeC
Your the biggest thorn in my side on this forum!! Grrrr
Old 05-31-2011, 06:35 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc View Post
It's one thing to say you had cracked ribs. It's another to have proof before you fight. As far as I know Chael is the one who cracked Silva's ribs driving him into the ground for 5 rounds, putting him on his back. Chael dominated Silva and he is the only one who has.

Yep, Chael got tired and lazy and got himself caught in the last minute, and thats why you go till the bell rings. If Chael can get back in goods with commission he will correct that.
Dana announced he is going to uphold the suspension so it's going to be a while before Chael fights. The next athlete that makes any dumb moves better get the same treatment Chael is getting that's for damn sure!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Poor baby