Old 05-29-2011, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

C'mon Miguel!!!

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 05-29-2011, 12:42 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Now it's Mighty Mouse vs. Angel. This should be awesome, I can't wait!

Demetrius comes out with some quick leg kicks. Miguel tries for a TD, but Johnson is the one who ends up on top in Miguel's guard, but Torres quickly sweeps him. He's in MM's half guard, but passes to side control. He tries to step over into mount, but gets caught in half guard again. Demetrius tries to sit up into him, but Miguel goes for a Brabo. Miguel passes into side control again, but Johnson sweeps. Miguel dives underneath him for a leg lock, but Matt Hume coaches Demetrius out of danger. They eventually end up back in Miguel's guard, where he threatens first with a triangle & then a guillotine before the bell.

Tough round to judge, but I think Miguel edges it. 10-9.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:47 AM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
C'mon Miguel!!!

~Amy
This been a great fight so far,especially if u like the ground game. Lots of TD and reversals from both guys.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:49 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Johnson rushes in with strikes a few times, then lands a takedown. Miguel is immediately attacking from his guard. He uses a triangle attempt to sweep Demetrius & stand up, but MM takes him down again. Miguel sweeps, but Johnson again manages to spin into another takedown. Miguel almost gets a reverse triangle, but instead gives it up & re-establishes his guard. The entire time Miguel's on his back, he threatening submissions & throwing strikes. All that MM is doing is just trying to defend & survive. With 20sec left, Johnson is finally able to pass to side control & land a few blows.

Miguel was the agressor, but Demetrius was on top the whole time, so the judges are going to give it to him.

In his corner, Demetrius is complaining about his leg hurting, but he'll "do his job".
Old 05-29-2011, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2 View Post
This been a great fight so far,especially if u like the ground game. Lots of TD and reversals from both guys.
I love a good ground game. Miguel is a favorite of mine and has been for years. I missed meeting him in Vegas.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 05-29-2011, 12:56 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

DJ lands another quick TD, but Miguel is immediately attacking for a triangle, then transitions to an armbar befoer MM's defense forces him to give it up. Johnson passes, but Miguel fights back to guard. Demetrius gets out to side & Torres turtles up. HE eventually rolls back to his guard where he's able to hip sweep Demetrius into mount. Johnson hits a nice upa to get Miguel into his guard. Torres gets into half & then grabs a guillotine. Mighty Mouse rolls all over the place before finally getting away & landing one final takedown.

The judges are going to give this fight to Miguel, but I disagree. He was doing all the attacking off his back the entire fight.

Yup, Johnson gets teh W, 29-28. I'm back to 3-2.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:58 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Ooo, Brock apparently just had surgery yesterday to remove a chunk of his intestines. He hopes to be back fighting early in 2012.

If Rampage wins, he gets the next shot at Jones.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
DJ lands another quick TD, but Miguel is immediately attacking for a triangle, then transitions to an armbar befoer MM's defense forces him to give it up. Johnson passes, but Miguel fights back to guard. Demetrius gets out to side & Torres turtles up. HE eventually rolls back to his guard where he's able to hip sweep Demetrius into mount. Johnson hits a nice upa to get Miguel into his guard. Torres gets into half & then grabs a guillotine. Mighty Mouse rolls all over the place before finally getting away & landing one final takedown.

The judges are going to give this fight to Miguel, but I disagree. He was doing all the attacking off his back the entire fight.

Yup, Johnson gets teh W, 29-28. I'm back to 3-2.
I disagree with the judges too. Miguel was attacking and Johnson was defending almost the entire fight.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 05-29-2011, 01:14 AM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I disagree with the judges too. Miguel was attacking and Johnson was defending almost the entire fight.

~Amy
ugh, im at 2-3 so far.
I hope Brock gets better and I assume having this surgery was the best option than just treating it more.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2 View Post
ugh, im at 2-3 so far.
I hope Brock gets better and I assume having this surgery was the best option than just treating it more.

Probably that section of gut had stopped working completely which means it died and was going to either cause infection or was already infected. That's the only reason they resect the gut like that. Poor guy. But, he'll recover and hopefully will be able to train and fight.

~Amy

My son made this for me: