Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-28-2011, 11:09 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default UFC 130 ***SPOILERS***

Good first fight between Escovedo & Barao. Good exchanges, good wrestling from Renan & nice guard work from Cole. I'd give it to the Brazilian 30-27.

I'm now 0-1.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:22 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Chris Cariaso vs. Michael McDonald.

Great exchanges to start out. Every time that Chris throws a kick, McDonald is throwing a counter right straight down the pipe.n good back & forth round, I think it goes to Cariaso, but not by much. 10-9.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:29 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

McDonald's eating a lot of leg kicks, but he seems willing to take them to fire that counter. Twice in a row McDonald lands a straight right that knocks Cariaso to the mat, but he let's him back up both times. Chris catches him in the groin accidentally, so they break as Michael shakes his boys out. After some more strikes, Mike times a kick perfectly & shoots a great takedown. Landed in side control & passed to mount, but time runs out before he can do anything with it. 10-9 for McDonald. They're tide up after 2.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:37 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

After some strikes, Chris takes Mike down. They start fighting within Mike's guard. McDnald tries for a triangle, but Chris quickly backs out & brings the fight back to the feet. Mike shoots in & gets a TD, but Chris immediately locks up an omaplata. Mike defends, backs out himself, & they're back to exchanging. End of the round, end of the fight. I think Chris gets this round & therefore the fight, 29-28.

The judges apparently agree, but it's a split decision (30-27, 28-29, 28-29). That makes me 1-1 on the night so far.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:46 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Rafaelllo Olivera vs. Gleison Tibau. Should be a barn burner.

After a copla minutes of exchanging hands, Tibau lands a takedown, but the grappling pedigree of both men is on display in the resulting scramble which results in both men back on their feet. Gleison clips Rafaello & immediately follows with a takedown. Good defense by Olivera who's able to stand up again, but eats a couple shots for his trouble. Close round, but due to the takedowns, I give it to Gleison, 10-9.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:52 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Round starts with a quick straight cross from Tibau. Olivera shoots but Gleison shucks it off. Rafaello lands a nice counter left. Gleison got another takedown & lands in Rafaello's guard. Another scramble that almost sees Tibau lock in an arm-triangle, but he's unable to. Back on their feet, Olivera tries for a single leg, but Gleison drops him with a hard short left. He jumps down into mount, eventually taking Olivera's back as he tries to roll away from the GnP. He sinks his hooks in & keeps landing short punches until Rafaello makes a mistake & leaves a gap, allowing Tibau to slip is arms around the neck & scure the fight ending RNC.

I've improved to 2-1. Go me?
Old 05-29-2011, 12:11 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Kendall Grove vs. Tim Boatesch.

Tim quickly grabs onto Kendall & muscles him to the ground. He pins Grove against the fence & lands some GnP before standing up & letting Kendall back to his feet. After a bit, he clinches up again & takes Kendall down. Kendall's eventually able to get Tim back into his guard & attempts an armbar. Tim defends & stands up, eventually lets him back up. Immediately they clinch again & exchange short strikes. Grove tries a couple takedowns himself, but to no success. They break & flurry right before the bell.

10-9 for Tim.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:18 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Kendall immediately takes the center & establishes his jab. Tim forces his way in & they start clinch fighting again. Tim quickly hits a nice trip & takes Kendall down into side controls & lands short elbows. Kendall's able to roll & stand up, but Tim once again takes him down, passing on his way to the mat. Aftger some more GnP, Grove once again rolls & stands up. Tim shoots in again & as Kendall tries to defend, the camera captures a nice shot of a long line of drooling oozing from his lips. Times like these make me wish I had HD. The takedown is achieved & the round ends with Kendall on his back. 10-9 for Tim again.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:23 AM
ufcfan2

Looks like I'll be 2-2 after the Kendell fight;inwhich he looks like he will lose. Tim looked good at 185 so far,his wrestling looked very good and Kendell needs to work on his.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:25 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Kendall looks pissed right now. As the seconds leave & he looks up to see Tim bouncing around, he clearly drops an F-Bomb for the camera. Round starts & Tim easily secures a single-leg TD. Kendall gets up again & presses him against the cage, but Tim counters with yet another TD. Kendall rolls over & turtles up again so that he can stand. Tim seems content to let him do so & not bother trying to take the back. Tim grabs a single leg & for the first time, Kendall defends. Tim grabs another & puts him on his back. Kendall tries for a triangle & Tim slips away. Back on their feet, Tim shoots in, puts Grove against the fence & takes him down again. Kendall eventually scrambles back to guard & tries to throw the legs up for a submission, but Tim backs away. Kendall immediately shoots n & actually puts Tim on his back for a moment, but the position is quickly reverse. The fight ends with Tim on top looking for a kimura. Should be 30-27 for Tim.

Judges see no reason to disagree. I'm now batting .750