Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 05-28-2011, 03:46 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Now comes John Ott vs. Jake Rosholt.

Ott claim to "fame" is that he lost to Bobby Lashley 2 months ago. Woo-hoo?

Ott comes out swinging with everything including a spinning backfist before trying for a takedown, which Jake shrugged off. Back on their feet, Rosholt throws a kick which John catches & uses to put Rosholt on his back. Jake right back up & attempts his own TD which is stuff. The trade strikes, but Jake is finally able to get a takedown. He passes to side control & eventually mount where he begins throwing the GnP. He lands a big elbow & cuts Ott on the forehead. Another big elbow elbow which seems to have opened a cut under the eye now. Easily Jake's round, 10-9, thanks to the GnP.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:52 AM
Allons-y

Ott hands are low to start the 2nd. He's grunting a lot & seems to be muscling it a lot. The Voice tries to say he's just using a "ki-ai". Jake gets an easy TD & lands in side control begins delivering chipping elbows. Jake gets knee on belly, but gives it up. Ott was able to roll out to his feet, but Jake puts him right back down. In side control, tries to pass to mount, but gets caught in half guard. Jake transitions through dominant positions, including side, mount, north/south, etc., before ending the round back in half-guard

Personal pet peeve: 2sec after they hit the ground & the ref immediately starts in with "get busy, don't rest!". Jake's got full mount & the guy's threatening to stand 'em up!
Old 05-28-2011, 04:00 AM
Allons-y

Jake tags Ott with a right. Both men through simultaneous kicks & Jake rebounds with another takedown. Ott stands up & Jake times a high kick perfectly. Tot's wobbly & taking a lot of damage. John ends up being tossed to the floor by Jake. The ref pauses & brings a doc in to check out the plethora of cuts on Ott's face. The doc let's him continue (love the heart, but terrible decision by the MD). "Look at the blood just pissing out of his forehead!" Jake lands another TD & pins him against the cage. Ott tries to stand-up & Jake throws a knee, but times it poorly & catches Ott before he clears the ground. After a dominating performance, Rosholt loses by DQ.

Frustration because the doc should have done his job 2min ago & stopped because of the cuts, but instead let it continue & now Ott's even worse off.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:03 AM
Allons-y

John Ott is now going to be the man that endured 15min of punishment from Lashley and the guy that a doctor & referee hung out to dry.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:17 AM

That fight made me sick to my stomach. I couldn't believe they let it continue for so long. Then that eejit Trigg gets out there and says words to the effect "I know you didn't mean to throw that knee". What a load of @#$%^.

Ott will be lucky if he's not permanently damaged in some way.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:18 AM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
That fight made me sick to my stomach. I couldn't believe they let it continue for so long. Then that eejit Trigg gets out there and says words to the effect "I know you didn't mean to throw that knee". What a load of @#$%^.

Ott will be lucky if he's not permanently damaged in some way.
I don't think meant Jake meant to throw an illegal knee, but he undoubtedly wanted to KO that guy. I really blame the doc & ref for failing to do their jobs.