Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
What I know, is what I've picked up here...coz obviously, we dont have guns in England

I assume you need a liscence to own a firearm...but I dont know that for certain. I am absolutely sure you need a liscence if you intend to carry one around with you outside your property.

I dont know if there is a limit to the type you can carry, or a liscence needed for each one, or if you can carry different types, or many of the same. I dont know about that...

I also have a feeling that these Laws differ from State to State...so I dont know if you may need like a liscence to carry in a different state on top of the liscence you already have to carry in your own.

One assumes there are also limits on what arms you can bear...I dont think the Federal Government permit Rocket Launchers for example.

Now I know that if you go hunting, you need liscences and records of each kill are made, and you can only hunt certain things, at certain times, and in certain ammounts.

I also dont know the laws for sorta making your own, or changing you weapon. For some reason, all the villans in England feel the need to cut the end of their barrels...I have no idea why...I dont know if you can do that in America or not.

But In America they also allow you to use other things...like Tazers, or sprays that make peoples faces swell up or something....

I dont know whether you need liscences for other weapons, like knives, or swords...in England you DONT need any liscence to buy or sell weapons like that...which suprised me considering how tight the gun control was. I have many a knife and a sword....but I am not allowed to use any if in danger, for I must remember, Criminals have human right also
Not me if my childrens lives or my life is in jeopardy I will slice them up like a Virginia ham. I love knives...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Not me if my childrens lives or my life is in jeopardy I will slice them up like a Virginia ham. I love knives...
So Do I

We are NOT allowed to carry our Knives around with us...which presents problems sometimes...for example...I went on a European Tour at the start of the Century...I went to Germany...and they had this beautiful lil Knife...which I bought.

Shortly there after the tour bus stopped at the Swiss Boarder...and these Armed Men got on the bus and started searching through everyones luggage...I had a knife in my hand luggage...I got it out and sat on it and prayed they didnt ask me to get up...coz I dont think they spoke English

Same goes for the train Journey between Leeds and Harrogate...there is a glorious knife shop in Leeds, it sells magnificent blades...I bought one...and of course had to get it home...well...that means I was effectively carrying a concealed weapon in this bag all the way home...but it was unavoidable
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
So Do I

We are NOT allowed to carry our Knives around with us...which presents problems sometimes...for example...I went on a European Tour at the start of the Century...I went to Germany...and they had this beautiful lil Knife...which I bought.

Shortly there after the tour bus stopped at the Swiss Boarder...and these Armed Men got on the bus and started searching through everyones luggage...I had a knife in my hand luggage...I got it out and sat on it and prayed they didnt ask me to get up...coz I dont think they spoke English

Same goes for the train Journey between Leeds and Harrogate...there is a glorious knife shop in Leeds, it sells magnificent blades...I bought one...and of course had to get it home...well...that means I was effectively carrying a concealed weapon in this bag all the way home...but it was unavoidable
So when I do my tour next year in the UK I can't pick me up a blade? My kitchen knives are all Henckels gotta support my fellow Deutsche.. That would have been scary to have a concealed weapon Dave!! Your brush with the law lol
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
What I know, is what I've picked up here...coz obviously, we dont have guns in England

I assume you need a liscence to own a firearm...but I dont know that for certain. I am absolutely sure you need a liscence if you intend to carry one around with you outside your property.
No. You do not need a license to own a pistol/rifle. You need a license/permit to buy to buy a pistol (handgun). 2 of my guns were given to me.

Ironically.. an Uzi is still considered a rifle in many states.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzi

Quote:
I dont know if there is a limit to the type you can carry, or a liscence needed for each one, or if you can carry different types, or many of the same. I dont know about that...
A permit to carry or permit to carry conceled are different from owning a gun/rifle


Quote:
I also have a feeling that these Laws differ from State to State...so I dont know if you may need like a liscence to carry in a different state on top of the liscence you already have to carry in your own.
They do and you do. If you are licensed to carry in NC... and carry into SC.. that license to carry in SC is just a piece of paper.. it's up to the individual to be aware of the individual states laws concerning firearms.

Quote:
One assumes there are also limits on what arms you can bear...I dont think the Federal Government permit Rocket Launchers for example.
You would be surprised ... but no, you can't get a license to buy a "rocket launcher".

Quote:
Now I know that if you go hunting, you need liscences and records of each kill are made, and you can only hunt certain things, at certain times, and in certain ammounts.
Yes

Quote:
I also dont know the laws for sorta making your own, or changing you weapon. For some reason, all the villans in England feel the need to cut the end of their barrels...I have no idea why...I dont know if you can do that in America or not.
Tat vaires greatly. You can go into K-Mart and guy various rifles/shotguns.. but some modifications are illegal.

Quote:
But In America they also allow you to use other things...like Tazers, or sprays that make peoples faces swell up or something....
Projectile tazers can not be bought by the gereral public in most states.. "stun guns" are regulated in many areas also. Some "pepper sprays" anyone can carry.. others.. no.

Quote:
I dont know whether you need liscences for other weapons, like knives, or swords...in England you DONT need any liscence to buy or sell weapons like that...which suprised me considering how tight the gun control was. I have many a knife and a sword....but I am not allowed to use any if in danger, for I must remember, Criminals have human right also
No you do not need a license to own a sword/knife..
some weapons (brass knuckles for instance) are not legal.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
On his land...is that not permittable under US law?

Did they even have a "reason" to be their at all? In England you would have to actually FIND drugs before you make an arrest, let alone shooting someone whose merely under suspicion, and probably been startled...If he was innocent...dont suppose he'd expect armed invaders to suprise him...do you?

Yes. He was connected to a "home invasion gang".. and a bunch of other stuff...

he can own the gun legally.. but pointing it.. or appearing to point it at a cop is a easy way to get killed.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for the clarification SW. I learned something new today...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
So when I do my tour next year in the UK I can't pick me up a blade? My kitchen knives are all Henckels gotta support my fellow Deutsche.. That would have been scary to have a concealed weapon Dave!! Your brush with the law lol
You could buy a Knife...but you'd have to get it to your lodging unseen, just like any of us.

The problem with you is that when you leave the country...how would you intend to take the Knife back?

Firstly, I managed to get mine across several Boarders, including Germany/Switzerland, Switzerland/France, France/England. but there are two things to remember. Firstly, it was in the days BEFORE 9/11 and the Customs were less bothered about Terrorism back then.

Secondly...I never took it on a Plane. I crossed the French/English Boarder by Sea...and important point.

The likelihood is that you could explain it to customs and they would be fine with it...but thats dependant on Goodwill...they could equally confiscate your artical and never give it back...now getting out of England is possible...But good luck on getting ANYTHING into America...America even makes its returning Citizens fill in the onboard flight visa you cant get more anal in your air traffic boarder control then that
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
No. You do not need a license to own a pistol/rifle. You need a license/permit to buy to buy a pistol (handgun). 2 of my guns were given to me.

Ironically.. an Uzi is still considered a rifle in many states.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzi



A permit to carry or permit to carry conceled are different from owning a gun/rifle




They do and you do. If you are licensed to carry in NC... and carry into SC.. that license to carry in SC is just a piece of paper.. it's up to the individual to be aware of the individual states laws concerning firearms.



You would be surprised ... but no, you can't get a license to buy a "rocket launcher".



Yes



Tat vaires greatly. You can go into K-Mart and guy various rifles/shotguns.. but some modifications are illegal.



Projectile tazers can not be bought by the gereral public in most states.. "stun guns" are regulated in many areas also. Some "pepper sprays" anyone can carry.. others.. no.



No you do not need a license to own a sword/knife..
some weapons (brass knuckles for instance) are not legal.
define exactly what a Handgun is...I mean..are the laws different for Automatic vs Semi automatic? (not that I know what the difference is...but I heard they are different types..I think its when you only press the trigger once...but it fires consistantly until you let go...so you get more then one bullet per pull) What about Revolvers...or Shotguns..are they Handguns? what about Machine guns...like the handheld ones?

Is there a difference between carrying, and concealed carry...and if so..how come? surely they are both equal in terms of the ability to use the artical in question.

I had no idea that there were some Tazers you could use and some you couldnt...do you need permits for them also?

When I meant Rocket launcher...I was thinking of those big tubes in the ground that point randomly upwards...and you drop a big bomb into it...and it makes a funny noise and almost jumps back out...I dont think it even has a trigger, I think its more like bouncing the bomb on a giant spring...you can see it in the film "we were soldiers" coz they have to stop using it when they over heat...and the only way to get them working again is to chuck water over them, but they have no water...so there is a suggestion that they...oh..nevermind, you get the idea I'm sure

...and are you allowed to own the ones where you carry the big cylinder on your shoulder and it kinda explodes both ends...?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
define exactly what a Handgun is...I mean..are the laws different for Automatic vs Semi automatic? (not that I know what the difference is...but I heard they are different types..I think its when you only press the trigger once...but it fires consistantly until you let go...so you get more then one bullet per pull) What about Revolvers...or Shotguns..are they Handguns? what about Machine guns...like the handheld ones?

A semi automatic will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger.. a fully automatic will continue to fire while the trigger is held... Most states do not allow for fully automatic weapons.. but the issue is that many semi autos can be made fully auto.. sometimes fairly easily.

a revolver is a hand run.. think old west movies..
a shotgun is considered a rifle..


Here is soemthign not many people know..
In most states.. a felon can not own a gun (as in purchase or posses).. but that does not include black powder weapons..


[quote]Is there a difference between carrying, and concealed carry...and if so..how come? surely they are both equal in terms of the ability to use the artical in question.[quote]

a permit to Carry is rarely needed.. most states will allow for this. It means you can carry as long as it is not conceled.

A Carry conceled permit is normally harder to get..

they are not the same.. it's not the use of the weapon.. but rather the potential for the use..

another funny thing...

In NC you can carry your gun in your car if it's in plain sight.. in SC, you have to have it in your trunk.

Quote:
I had no idea that there were some Tazers you could use and some you couldnt...do you need permits for them also?
As far as I know.. a tazer (it fires projectiles with wires attached) can not be purchased. that may be different in some states.. a Stun Gun is legal in NC.

Quote:
When I meant Rocket launcher...I was thinking of those big tubes in the ground that point randomly upwards...and you drop a big bomb into it...and it makes a funny noise and almost jumps back out...I dont think it even has a trigger, I think its more like bouncing the bomb on a giant spring...you can see it in the film "we were soldiers" coz they have to stop using it when they over heat...and the only way to get them working again is to chuck water over them, but they have no water...so there is a suggestion that they...oh..nevermind, you get the idea I'm sure

...and are you allowed to own the ones where you carry the big cylinder on your shoulder and it kinda explodes both ends...?

no.. at least I hope not.

http://militarysurplusforsale.org/

http://militaryriflesforsale.net/

http://militarysurplusfirearms.net/
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
But good luck on getting ANYTHING into America...America even makes its returning Citizens fill in the onboard flight visa you cant get more anal in your air traffic boarder control then that

You do know the reason for that don't you?
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.