Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-25-2011, 10:15 PM

Default IF BUSH HAD DONE IT I WOULD POST THAT TOO!

Obama made a few errors in Royal Etiquette. or at least that's what they tell me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNRXG...layer_embedded

[
Old 05-26-2011, 04:36 PM

He's an embarrassment that's enthralled by the sound of his own voice. At Westminster Abbey he signed the guest book with the date "2008"; can you imagine the media's reaction to that if it had been Bush?

Also, I noticed that BO's long-winded comments at dinner were delivered by index cards. Guess there wasn't enough room at the table for the Teleprompter. Bush came up with some pretty funny non words but I swear, this guy can't put a sentence together without a cue card.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post

Obama made a few errors in Royal Etiquette. or at least that's what they tell me.
There were Three Accidents...two which were because of His Security Detail.

Buckingham Palace asked for a copy of the speech he was going to say at the State Banquette, and were promptly refused. The Americans refused to let them know what he was going to say...thus they had to guess when he had finished...and got it wrong...although I think it added to the ambience rather then anything. I mean...no you shouldnt speak over the Anthem...but in the same way it sounded so nice to hear Shakespear over the ambience of the Music, it made it more poingnient I reckon.....I think because the Anthem was purely instrumental...it didnt matter quite so much...Had there been singers, then it would have sounded really bad...but it was just like he was speaking into the atmosphere created by lovely music. Ironically, the Americans made more of a big deal about it then the British Press...who noted it, but moved on...this video shows some of the American response...and the guy is a little bit more like "you should SHUT UP" sort of thing.

It is rather funny that noone would answer his toast during the Anthem...LMAO...He turns to the Queen and she wont pick up her glass...soooo he puts his down...at least she smiled at him....and lets be fair...if you listen carefully..she DOES acknowledge Verbally...she says "thats very kind" at the 46 second mark. Blesssss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw90hsLXpNk

The second point was he accidently wrote the wrong year in the Guest book. You will note what year he signed the book. 2008...That was the year he was ellected...its clear that re-ellection is so much on his mind he feels he's back on that Campaign Trail.

The final point was that the American Security Forces declined the offer of the State Coach. Her Majesty had wished for Obama and The Royals to go up the Mall in one of the State Coaches...the Americans declined claiming they feared it was not safe...I dont know if they were refering to the coach, or a possible assasination attempt. Her Majesty Graciously respected the concerns and called off the State Arrival...Yeah...in England to refuse hospitiality like that is considered rude...but I dont mind that he missed out on a bit of Pomp

Last edited by Tyburn; 05-26-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLQSrZ3oJIk

Incidently Here is what Her Majesty had to say at the Banquette

...and what I enjoyed about Obamas Speech was that he talked about the longevity of the Monarchy...how Presidents and Prime Ministers come and go...but She pretty much remains Constant throughout. That is the Crux of What England is, because from a British Perspective, the Monarch is supposed to be The Embodiement of the Nation. The Queen is to us (or should be) What the US Constitution would be to you if it were a Person.

I like that he made reference to the historical consistancy of the British Throne. She even Laughed when he pointed out how her Reign has encompassed about Ten US Presidents, and Ten Prime Ministers...and what he goes on to say is absolutely true a "living witness"
Old 05-26-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post

Yikes! That was awkward wasn't it!

If you notice the guys in the red dress uniforms behind him--one of them was trying to decide if he was supposed to salute or not when the athem started with Obama still speaking.

I can just imagine what Her Majesty, the Queen was thinking!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
a "living witness"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj9w7IUQ5AU

What I like is that this video shows HM The Queens entrance to Westminster Abbey at a 50th Celebration...and it intersperses it with her walking in, to the same hymn...all those years ago during her coronation...