Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 11-13-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
116-112?

Thats a robberry IMO.

That was BS you could see it in Pacmans face! Even he knew he had lost.
Just wait for the Lame excuse Pacman was fighting with an injury he was sick blah blah blah
Old 11-13-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
That was BS you could see it in Pacmans face! Even he knew he had lost.
Just wait for the Lame excuse Pacman was fighting with an injury he was sick blah blah blah
I'd imagine Pac's face was a look of concern from a hostile crowd. When my wife and I went to watch the Margarito fight in Dallas last year, I'd admit that I was somewhat intimidated by the predominantly Mexican crowd. It was like anytime we would stand up and cheer, people would yell or boo at us, then anytime Margarito would do something good, they would cheer at us, and when I mean "at us", it was the way a child would point and laugh at another child who had an embarrassing moment, it was really weird.

If it weren't for the fact that I was extremely wasted, I'd of probably been a lot more concerned about it, lol
Old 11-13-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Here are the official scorecards and punch stats. Thought some people would be interested.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Here are the official scorecards and punch stats. Thought some people would be interested.

The only thing this proves is that Marquez was Robbed once again!!

If Manny Threw more punches they were useless cause they weren't even landing and definitely not Hurting Marquez.

I know Styles make Fights but this Fight and the last 2 just solidified in my Book what Floyd could do to this Pound 4 Pound Catch Weight Champion.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
The only thing this proves is that Marquez was Robbed once again!!

If Manny Threw more punches they were useless cause they weren't even landing and definitely not Hurting Marquez.

I know Styles make Fights but this Fight and the last 2 just solidified in my Book what Floyd could do to this Pound 4 Pound Catch Weight Champion.
So, Marquez won by being less active and landing less shots at virtually an equal percentage? What this proves is that it was a very close fight and the old adage of bringing the fight to champ stands tall again. Marquez should have known by now that U.S. judges typically award the fighter who is the most active unless the counter-punching is decisive, which in this case, Marquez fought well, but it was still a very close fight.

Marquez wasn't hurt? From round 1, he had a cut and swelling on his right eye, Pac's face looked untouched.

The fight was, once again, VERY close and could have easily went either way. To call it a robbery on either fighters' part is clearly biased.

I agree though, this fight sure made it look like Pac would be outclassed by Mayweather if they make the fight, but now, it looks like Pac, Arum, Roach, and Ariza all want a 4th shot at Marquez, so the ball is in his court.

Last edited by rockdawg21; 11-14-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
So, Marquez won by being less active and landing less shots at virtually an equal percentage? What this proves is that it was a very close fight and the old adage of bringing the fight to champ stands tall again. Marquez should have known by now that U.S. judges typically award the fighter who is the most active unless the counter-punching is decisive, which in this case, Marquez fought well, but it was still a very close fight.

Marquez wasn't hurt? From round 1, he had a cut and swelling on his right eye, Pac's face looked untouched.

The fight was, once again, VERY close and could have easily went either way. To call it a robbery on either fighters' part is clearly biased.

I agree though, this fight sure made it look like Pac would be outclassed by Mayweather if they make the fight, but now, it looks like Pac, Arum, Roach, and Ariza all want a 4th shot at Marquez, so the ball is in his court.
Did You see the Fight?

That picture is not from this saturdays fight... Marquez was wearing black trunks and Manny was wearing Blue

Last edited by JavierDLC; 11-14-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Did You see the Fight?

That picture is not from this saturdays fight... Marquez was wearing black trunks and Manny was wearing Blue
LOL, oh yeah!

Well, anyways, Marquez was swelling on his right eye and Pac looked clean. Struggling to find good photos, but here you can see the swelling:

Regardless of that, the fight was very close and could have went either way.

Last edited by rockdawg21; 11-14-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:17 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Compubox numbers don't tell the whole story, and we all know that. Marquez was the far more effective puncher over the course of the fight and it was clear to everybody. The first two fights were much closer than this one, and most people think Marquez won those fights too. It's not biased at all to call this a robbery. If the fight was VERY close then whats up with that 116-112 scorecard? That was a total joke, Manny had the judges in his pocket before the first bell even rang and it wasn't just because of his activity level. 9 out of 10 comments I've seen basically say that was total crap. Even Logrus sent me a message on Xbox saying he thought Marquez won and "you know it's bad when a Pacquiao nut hugger says that".

Pacquiao and Marquez are made for each other, but we saw what happened to Marquez when he fought Floyd. If Manny looks like that when he fights Marquez, whats gonna happen when he faces the master of counter punching? Are they gonna hand Manny the fight if it goes to decision just for throwing punches that hit nothing but air or barely graze Floyd?
Old 11-14-2011, 08:54 PM
rearnakedchoke

LOL @ rock posting the wrong pictures .. that's something i would do .. these guys are evenly matched and it reminds me of the ali-norton trilogy .. at least norton got one win out of those fights though .. LOL
Old 11-14-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Compubox numbers don't tell the whole story, and we all know that. Marquez was the far more effective puncher over the course of the fight and it was clear to everybody. The first two fights were much closer than this one, and most people think Marquez won those fights too. It's not biased at all to call this a robbery. If the fight was VERY close then whats up with that 116-112 scorecard? That was a total joke, Manny had the judges in his pocket before the first bell even rang and it wasn't just because of his activity level. 9 out of 10 comments I've seen basically say that was total crap. Even Logrus sent me a message on Xbox saying he thought Marquez won and "you know it's bad when a Pacquiao nut hugger says that".

Pacquiao and Marquez are made for each other, but we saw what happened to Marquez when he fought Floyd. If Manny looks like that when he fights Marquez, whats gonna happen when he faces the master of counter punching? Are they gonna hand Manny the fight if it goes to decision just for throwing punches that hit nothing but air or barely graze Floyd?
I admit, I was surprised that Pac got the decision, but it was a close fight just like the others. The fight was close, I don't know what that judge who scored 116-112 was smoking. If that were Mayweather, it would have been him on route to a majority decision for sure. Pac's complaining of cramps again and Ariza has mentioned that Pac is going to start listening to him 100% again. The conspiracy theorists are also going around saying that Pac did just enough to win the fight in order to bait Floyd to fight. All I know is it sure seems more likely that they will end up facing each other unless we end up with Pac/Marquez IV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
LOL @ rock posting the wrong pictures .. that's something i would do .. these guys are evenly matched and it reminds me of the ali-norton trilogy .. at least norton got one win out of those fights though .. LOL
LOL, yeah, I didn't even realize that until Javier mentioned the shorts!