Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I think instead of debating this they should just make it happen.. All the mma experts across forums and blogs discounting Diaz is quite funny. Regardless if he gets a W or L to gsp I can guarantee he would do more than Kos, Shields, and Hardy. He would make gsp work.
I'm not trying to talk down on Nick's skills I'm just being realistic. I do think he would make GSP work harder because he will actually go in there and do what he says he's gonna do which will be great to see. All these other guys are scared of Georges and so they go in there and just stand there for five rounds and lose. All the stuff Hardy and Koscheck said just for them to show up and do nothing. Nick doesn't say BS just to say it. He's actually honest.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Maldonado136

Also I don't get why decisions are suddenly a terrible thing. I get that finishes are better but the problem isn't just that GSP fights to decisions. That would be ok if he at least tried and fought his best. The problem is that he isn't fighting to his full potential. We've seen against Trigg and Sherk what he is capable of. I know the guys today are a higher caliber but you can see plenty of opportunities for Georges to do more and he just doesn't take them anymore. That's the problem. I mean these guys aren't even fighting him anymore so he should be doing a lot more than he is doing. I would be fine with a decision win if he fought his butt off and tried his best but it's ridiculous when you have Hardy helpless on the ground for 25 minutes and you still can't submit him. He could have he just didn't and that is irritating.

He should have done this to Hardy:

Last edited by Maldonado136; 05-23-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
I'm not trying to talk down on Nick's skills I'm just being realistic. I do think he would make GSP work harder because he will actually go in there and do what he says he's gonna do which will be great to see. All these other guys are scared of Georges and so they go in there and just stand there for five rounds and lose. All the stuff Hardy and Koscheck said just for them to show up and do nothing. Nick doesn't say BS just to say it. He's actually honest.
I want to see Diaz n Gsp, Fitch n Ellenberger or Diaz, I really want Bj back @ LW.. I know what your saying. You make sense. I am talking when I read non-sense like Diaz has no skills and has never fought anyone. Ok that's great let him fight gsp or fitch then is all I am concerned with. Just like when you get a new car you wanna drive the car right? That's the same feeling I have for seeing Diaz back in the UFC.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
It's not hate, it's fact. He hasn't defended the belt with a stoppage.... the single non decision victory against Penn... corner stoppage. You can dismiss these facts as hate all you want, but I doubt we'll see GSP putting forth the effort to finish a fight.
I agree. Those punches from Matt Serra took all of the killer instinct out of GSP (except when he rematched Serra).
Old 05-23-2011, 08:59 PM
atomdanger

I think you guys are crazy.

I'll throw down 50 cash on Diaz.
Or my sig, or both lol
Old 05-23-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I think you guys are crazy.

I'll throw down 50 cash on Diaz.
Or my sig, or both lol
Done for both!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:46 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Done for both!
haha that was easy money .. LOL ...

GSP is fighting the best ... forget about top 10 ww's but when gsp fought and beat fitch, alves, shields, BJ, all these guys were in the top 10 on most people's p4p list .. no other champ including anderson can say this ... diaz should stick to being the big fish in the small pond ... he was beating up 155'ers before he left the UFC and would get beat by most top 10 ww now ... this fight will happen, but if diaz was given a tune up fight in the ufc like shields was, the fight wouldn't happen cuz diaz would lose
Old 05-23-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I agree. Those punches from Matt Serra took all of the killer instinct out of GSP (except when he rematched Serra).
I don't think so. Just watch the Fitch fight which was after he beat Serra.
Georges threw some vicious punches and took some nice punches from Fitch.

It takes a good fighter to make GSP fight and Fitch did that.

I just watched that fight earlier today and I don't think anyone has given GSP such a good fight like Fitch did, even though GSP won every round Fitch hit him hard and even got top control on him a couple of times.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:42 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
haha that was easy money .. LOL ...

GSP is fighting the best ... forget about top 10 ww's but when gsp fought and beat fitch, alves, shields, BJ, all these guys were in the top 10 on most people's p4p list .. no other champ including anderson can say this ... diaz should stick to being the big fish in the small pond ... he was beating up 155'ers before he left the UFC and would get beat by most top 10 ww now ... this fight will happen, but if diaz was given a tune up fight in the ufc like shields was, the fight wouldn't happen cuz diaz would lose
Just for the record, I'm serious about the bet for $50 and sig if you are.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:44 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I don't think so. Just watch the Fitch fight which was after he beat Serra.
Georges threw some vicious punches and took some nice punches from Fitch.

It takes a good fighter to make GSP fight and Fitch did that.

I just watched that fight earlier today and I don't think anyone has given GSP such a good fight like Fitch did, even though GSP won every round Fitch hit him hard and even got top control on him a couple of times.
You're really hung up on this whole thing that Fitch gave GSP a good fight. Correct me if I'm wrong but GSP won every round in that fight. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember watching Fitch on his ass a lot and getting his "never passed guard" passed on multiple occasions. He also looked like this after the fight while I don't remember GSP having a cut or bruise:

Last edited by rockdawg21; 05-24-2011 at 12:52 AM.