Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-23-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

It's not racist, he's black, and therefore, it's fine for him to say bigoted things.

Now, if he were white and said it, then you can be sure Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be all over the media. Also, the thugs in LA would probably riot and steal from other blacks in their own neighborhood as revenge against the whiteys.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Whitey please!!

You know us crackers have to follow different rules!!!

Plus we're all racist anyway aren't we? I mean you do go to the secret meetings about how to oppress minorities don't you?
Yes we all are. I hate when people say they aren't!! GMAFB...Please! We all have prejudices whether its race, religion, or other things..
Old 05-23-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Yes we all are. I hate when people say they aren't!! GMAFB...Please! We all have prejudices whether its race, religion, or other things..

That's Exactly how I feel

I mean come on we all have a little racist voice living inside of us
Old 05-23-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
To be fair to Grant, and Jared Dudley, that PSA was a part of something that hit close to home for members of the Phoenix Suns recently because the Suns team president just came out and publicly admitted he is gay. The NBA is also trying to really keep a "cleaner" image lately and having Kobe Bryant call a ref a "faggot" during a game caused quite a media stir (coincidentally, Chicago's Joakim Noah called a fan the same thing during last night's game against Miami. Kobe got fined 100 g's and I'm sure Noah will get the same treatment if not worse).
Heh, well, I did say I caught the tail-end of it...

I'm just against lecturing about speech on principle.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
In all fairness, being white is less cool than being black. Have you seen them guys dance?!?! It's like, pop, slide, wham, dip, twist, grind, and some twitching stuff. Thats cool man.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:15 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Technically, I think you're right. But I also think we've really become such sensitive butterflies that you can't say anything without someone getting offended. What if Frank Mir called Brock a nappy-headed ho?

Rashad wasn't being politically correct, I'd rather hear him uncensored, you know? I was just watching the playoffs and caught the tail-end of Grant Hill doing a PSA cautioning us to be "sensitive" and watch what we say about gay people.

I don't believe in the language police. People should have enough honor to respect others without being lectured by an NBA star.
Oh I agree, I think its kind of silly that this is all over mma websites and mma news, in fairness, jon jones is pretty white, he is from a small white town and has a degree in criminal justice.
Just saying
Old 05-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Oh I agree, I think its kind of silly that this is all over mma websites and mma news, in fairness, jon jones is pretty white, he is from a small white town and has a degree in criminal justice.
Just saying
Ya he's getting knocked for being a regular guy not acting ghetto like he's from the hood and has been shot at and had a hard knocked life. Man Rashad is a tool.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
That's Exactly how I feel

I mean come on we all have a little racist voice living inside of us
Me too. I despise crackers.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Just saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Ya he's getting knocked for being a regular guy not acting ghetto like he's from the hood and has been shot at and had a hard knocked life. Man Rashad is a tool.
+++

Right on the money.

How sad is that? It's just like the black kids who want to do well in school but get all kinds of grief from other blacks for "acting white".
Old 05-23-2011, 10:50 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
In all fairness, being white is less cool than being black. Have you seen them guys dance?!?! It's like, pop, slide, wham, dip, twist, grind, and some twitching stuff. Thats cool man.
LOL ... true true ...