Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Rashad.... racist?

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/5/22/21...white#comments

Quote:
It looks like Rashad Evans really did call Jon Jones a "fake ass white boy." The above is a picture taken by Cage Potato of "Bones's" cell phone showing the message he received from "Suga." Evans had previously stated that he "never made a racist statement to Jones." How ugly is this thing going to get? And does anybody still care?

Props: Cage Potato
Old 05-22-2011, 10:54 PM

And more from Rashad's twitter...

http://twitter.com/#!/SugaRashadEvans
Old 05-22-2011, 11:49 PM
atomdanger

Honestly you'd be hard pressed to find black men who don't crack jokes on white people or cut white people down. Just a fact.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Honestly you'd be hard pressed to find black men who don't crack jokes on white people or cut white people down. Just a fact.
ok.. given that train of thought.. does that make me a racist if I call white guy some black name???
Old 05-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
ok.. given that train of thought.. does that make me a racist if I call white guy some black name???
Whitey please!!

You know us crackers have to follow different rules!!!

Plus we're all racist anyway aren't we? I mean you do go to the secret meetings about how to oppress minorities don't you?
Old 05-23-2011, 02:40 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I think if you call a white guy a black name, in a derogatory manner, its racist.

Rashad calling JJ white, is a cut down to them, because being white is obviously (to them) less cool than being black
Old 05-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Rev

In all fairness, being white is less cool than being black. Have you seen them guys dance?!?! It's like, pop, slide, wham, dip, twist, grind, and some twitching stuff. Thats cool man.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I think if you call a white guy a black name, in a derogatory manner, its racist.

Rashad calling JJ white, is a cut down to them, because being white is obviously (to them) less cool than being black
Technically, I think you're right. But I also think we've really become such sensitive butterflies that you can't say anything without someone getting offended. What if Frank Mir called Brock a nappy-headed ho?

Rashad wasn't being politically correct, I'd rather hear him uncensored, you know? I was just watching the playoffs and caught the tail-end of Grant Hill doing a PSA cautioning us to be "sensitive" and watch what we say about gay people.

I don't believe in the language police. People should have enough honor to respect others without being lectured by an NBA star.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:26 PM
County Mike

Who isn't a racist? At least, a little bit.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:03 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Technically, I think you're right. But I also think we've really become such sensitive butterflies that you can't say anything without someone getting offended. What if Frank Mir called Brock a nappy-headed ho?

Rashad wasn't being politically correct, I'd rather hear him uncensored, you know? I was just watching the playoffs and caught the tail-end of Grant Hill doing a PSA cautioning us to be "sensitive" and watch what we say about gay people.

I don't believe in the language police. People should have enough honor to respect others without being lectured by an NBA star.
To be fair to Grant, and Jared Dudley, that PSA was a part of something that hit close to home for members of the Phoenix Suns recently because the Suns team president just came out and publicly admitted he is gay. The NBA is also trying to really keep a "cleaner" image lately and having Kobe Bryant call a ref a "faggot" during a game caused quite a media stir (coincidentally, Chicago's Joakim Noah called a fan the same thing during last night's game against Miami. Kobe got fined 100 g's and I'm sure Noah will get the same treatment if not worse).