Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-12-2009, 06:18 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
A divider in a road doesn't make it a highway.
Okay whatever. The term "divided highway" is one commonly used when a road has a divider in the center and is separated into 4 or more lanes. A divider in the road certainly suggests it's more than just a back-road.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:31 AM

I met Mask in vegas and he was an awesome guy. The tapout crew has helped the sport tremendously by supporting so many fighters at the amatuer level.

adios amigo, you'll be missed

May God be with his family and friends

Old 03-12-2009, 06:33 AM
MMeh

Definitely praying for his family and friends in this difficult time. Hopefully, they can find some peace and get through this, losing someone so unexpectedly is never easy.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:33 AM
County Mike

Bad news indeed - regardless of who was killed, but definitely sad to see someone who really did a lot to help promote MMA go down.

RIP Charles Lewis
Old 03-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Crisco

Racing or not sorry to see him go.

I hope his fiance recovers.

Things happen for a reason God has a plan.

At this point the best we can hope for is that he was saved in his heart...
Old 03-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Well, an interstate is one thing,
a back road in Newport Beach is another.

Even if they weren't racing, they were certainly exceeding the speed limit next to one another.

That sounds pretty close to racing to me,
most likely they were trying to see who could go faster,
get somewhere first, etc...

They did this on an episode of tapout in nice ass cars,
it isn't a stretch to think he would do it on a night out.

Huge loss, but it isn't a stretch to say they were racing.

You really will argue anything won't you?? Just for the sake of

You really think a guy in a $340,000 Ferrari needed to test himself against a 1977 Porsche?

I'm guessing you've never owned a really nice sports car then. I haven't either I do have a good friend though that has a nice NSX with a few mods on it. Every time, EVERY TIME we go out in that car guys in other cars come up and challenge us. We were doing about 90mph on I-5 coming home from Seattle one night and we must have had 3-4 cars come up, pace us, try to get us to race then go off. I have no doubt that people seeing us thought we were racing due to our speed. But we never were.

I'll make an assumption this time...

How about Mask was out playing in his car, probably speeding like we ALL would if we owned a Ferrari and idiot drunk guy with multiple driving offenses tries to race with him or challenge him, loses control of his car, hits the Ferrari then flees the scene....

How's that?
Old 03-12-2009, 04:40 PM
lc87

I had an 2004 mazda rx8 with lots of performance upgrades and the only time I ever spead was while passing. Sometimes you just have to have common sense and self control. Did I ever want to open it up? Ya but I always did it legally at the high school drag races in kansas city. If your gonna do it do it safe.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:37 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck

You really think a guy in a $340,000 Ferrari needed to test himself against a 1977 Porsche?

I'm guessing you've never owned a really nice sports car then. I haven't either I do have a good friend though that has a nice NSX with a few mods on it. Every time, EVERY TIME we go out in that car guys in other cars come up and challenge us. We were doing about 90mph on I-5 coming home from Seattle one night and we must have had 3-4 cars come up, pace us, try to get us to race then go off. I have no doubt that people seeing us thought we were racing due to our speed. But we never were.

How about Mask was out playing in his car, probably speeding like we ALL would if we owned a Ferrari and idiot drunk guy with multiple driving offenses tries to race with him or challenge him, loses control of his car, hits the Ferrari then flees the scene....

How's that?
That sounds like a pretty good possibility to me. It's definitely the version I prefer. Until someone proves otherwise, these will be the facts as I know them.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:45 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck

How's that?

lol, I - 5 near Seattle doing 90?
I doubt anybody thought you were racing, I do 90 on the 5 in Washington all the time and get passed lol

I am not trying to stir the pot, it looks like they were racing, and maybe even bumped or something?
Just seemed odd to me that both cars spun out at the same time,
and they charged the other guy with man slaughter?
I don't know.

I just doubt they were cruising at over 100 together, next to eachother
and not racing.
Also, just because it was 1977 doesn't mean a thing,
I borrowed my moms mini van and raced a friend in a civic lol,
they were probably messing around racing, racing doesn't have to be serious.
You've watched the fast and the furious too many times.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:20 PM
que

why is everyone trying to believe that he didn't race? you have a ferrari going extreme speeds next to a porsche that was going extreme speeds, all signs say they were racing. of course i could be wrong but there is a very high chance they were racing

racing or not, (that doesn't matter anymore) mask was driving at extreme speeds and that is a fact. of course, we are just nobody's on an internet forum. read what a professional has to say about it first, then draw your own conclusions...

http://auto.freedomblogging.com/2009...ri-360-modena/