Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 03-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride
Why was Kirby arrested? He gets gross vehicular manslaughter for racing someone on the road without hitting/touching the other car or another human being?
The state often assumes the role of the victim in a sense if the victim in this case is deceased. This prevents a person from murdering his neighbor, and then not getting into trouble because the family/neighborhood didn't like him and chose not to press charges.

Either way, stupid way to go.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Not to be mean, but rather him gone than an innocent person that was not racing. When are people gonna learn.. Its a shame and im in no way trying to be mean.
I totally agree with that. While it's a tragedy that he died, it's better than having killed some innocent bystanders who weren't breaking the law at the time.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Blmfighter

You guys are right, the other person in the car made the desision to get in the car with him after he was drinking.

We all have done dumb things however when we do it is no one else's fault but ours.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:07 PM
que

it is sad he died but that is what happens when you mix speeding with street racing with alcohol. it's terrible that people have to die for such stupid reasons
Old 03-11-2009, 10:42 PM
atomdanger

http://www.tapout.com/

DEAREST FRIENDS AND FAMILY
It is with heavy hearts and great sadness that we must regretfully confirm the passing of our beloved friend, brother and co-founder Charles "Mask" Lewis following a car accident that occurred last night. We are currently in the process of setting up a memorial service in his honor and will release more details as they become available.

Many thanks to all for the outpouring of blessings and well-wishes during this incredibly difficult time.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:33 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

The report I read said the other guy was arrested for vehicular manslaughter and he was DUI. I also read that they are not sure they were actually racing. Nothing I read said that there were any signs that Mask had been drinking. Obviously it's not out of the question, but before people start making assumptions maybe we should wait for all the facts to come out.

That happens a lot around these parts
Old 03-12-2009, 01:07 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

what do you mean? I thought it was a car accident...I didnt realize he'd been racing cars...I assume he shouldnt have been racing them...or was it like in sport...I dunno

Jeff Currans pretty upset about it
Old 03-12-2009, 01:16 AM
Stump Rules!

I'd just say it was all speculation for right now. They may have taken that guy to jail but it doesnt mean it was for sure his fault.That's what the courts are for. Besides, I'm sure there are somethings we just don't know yet.

Quote:
Why was Kirby arrested? He gets gross vehicular manslaughter for racing someone on the road without hitting/touching the other car or another human being?

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-12-2009, 01:43 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
The report I read said the other guy was arrested for vehicular manslaughter and he was DUI. I also read that they are not sure they were actually racing. Nothing I read said that there were any signs that Mask had been drinking. Obviously it's not out of the question, but before people start making assumptions maybe we should wait for all the facts to come out.

That happens a lot around these parts

The sherriff said there were signs of excessive speeding.

What would you call it when two cars are speeding next to one another?
racing.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:14 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Not only did he hit the other car he left the scene of an accident. That would be another added charge around here and would take the punishment to a different level.

Quote:
The police officer who witnessed the crash reported seeing the Porsche driving next to the Ferrari on Jamboree Road, near Eastbluff Drive, according to the Newport Beach Police Department. The two cars appeared to spin out of control, possibly after colliding, police said.

The Ferrari jumped the curb and then slammed into the light pole. The officer reported seeing the Porsche stop briefly, and then drive away, police said.

Police found a white Porsche with moderate collision damage a few blocks away, and stopped a man and woman who were walking away from it. They later identified the man as Kirby. They arrested his passenger, Lynn Marie Nabozny, 32, of Newport Beach, on suspicion of public intoxication; she was later released.
I still can't believe he drove away!