Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Miss Foxy

Default Cage side judges

In a meeting today, the Nevada State Athletic Commission approved the use of cage side monitors for their judges governing over UFC events.

Prior to the meeting and subsequent approval of monitor usage the last major UFC event to have monitors installed on the judges table was UFC 121 where the California commission already had policy in place to provide such assistance to judges.

With the change in policy, monitors will be used at next weekend’s UFC 130 event and every other event that the state plays host to.

The use of monitors for judges is an attempt by the UFC to provide assistance to the cage side officials who score the round by round action inside the Octagon. With so many questionable calls in the history of the sport, the intent is to give the judges a better vantage point while analyzing the in the cage activity.

UFC 131 in Vancouver will also have judges monitors installed for the event.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:18 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Maybe the Judges should be drug tested as well!
Old 05-21-2011, 12:20 AM
atomdanger

My only concerns with this would be the UFC then controlling what the judges see, since the judges would be seeing the camera angles the UFC chooses.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:10 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
My only concerns with this would be the UFC then controlling what the judges see, since the judges would be seeing the camera angles the UFC chooses.
i actually think that this is better ... the judges currently get an angle only from where they sit ... when i read the play-by-play from the various mma sites, they usually have similar scoring and what most fans and commentators have as the score ... i am assuming most of them are scoring the fight from watching the ppv or whatever broadcast ... so i think this will be a plus ... rogan and goldie usually get it right, and they watch most of the fight from the monitor, unless it is right in front of them