Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-20-2011, 03:29 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default For Grappling Fans .. and Jits peoples...

THIS was nothing but AWESOME!!!!

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/5/19/21...itsu#storyjump
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-20-2011, 04:05 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Its one of those things I love and hate.

I love it because it was such an upset and a great match,
I hate it because Eddie never competed again and completely cashed in on one win.

The better match was Leo Vierra beating Eddie after that in the finals.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Understood.. And I saw that video someone a LONG time ago...

But it's basically like seeing a Gracie vs a "Gracie".... and that's always cool to watch.

There is MUCH hype behind Bravo.. so much sometimes you have to scratch your head..... But he has also produced some great students...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-20-2011, 06:53 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think he has improved some guys. (Soteropolis, spelling?)

But he hasn't really produced anyone,
he hasn't produced a single BJJ world champion,
or no gi champion.

He is SUPER talented though,
I wish he would spend more time training and training guys,
than smoking pot and playing guitar.
I even bought his DVD series, and a good big of it is him smoking pot.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I think he has improved some guys. (Soteropolis, spelling?)

But he hasn't really produced anyone,
he hasn't produced a single BJJ world champion,
or no gi champion.
What about Aoki.. I heard he was training Bravo..but I guess that would really be "imporving"

Quote:
He is SUPER talented though,
I wish he would spend more time training and training guys,
than smoking pot and playing guitar.
I even bought his DVD series, and a good big of it is him smoking pot.
I think we may have bought some of the same DVDs. Yeah.. seems like a waste... I wonder how good Joe Rogan really is.. I would like to roll with him..
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-20-2011, 10:50 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
What about Aoki.. I heard he was training Bravo..but I guess that would really be "imporving"

I think we may have bought some of the same DVDs. Yeah.. seems like a waste... I wonder how good Joe Rogan really is.. I would like to roll with him..
They're both black belts under JJ Machado, and he doesn't just hand those things out.
So I assume Rogan is very good, I'd love to roll with that guy, would be a blast!

I didn't hear about him working with Aoki, although now that you mention it Aoki looks sort of made for Eddie's style. I do give Eddie a lot of credit, I am a big guy and not super flexible and even for me a lot of the rubber guard stuff comes in handy.

I really like his "trucK" position, and his "mission control" ,
I've found success with both of those
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-21-2011, 02:25 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I really like his "trucK" position, and his "mission control" ,
I've found success with both of those


RGR THAT!!
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
They're both black belts under JJ Machado, and he doesn't just hand those things out.
So I assume Rogan is very good, I'd love to roll with that guy, would be a blast!

I didn't hear about him working with Aoki, although now that you mention it Aoki looks sort of made for Eddie's style. I do give Eddie a lot of credit, I am a big guy and not super flexible and even for me a lot of the rubber guard stuff comes in handy.

I really like his "trucK" position, and his "mission control" ,
I've found success with both of those
When did Rogan get his black belt?

I'm pretty sure he is still a brown
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
When did Rogan get his black belt?

I'm pretty sure he is still a brown
Per Wiki.... he is still abrown belt in BBJ under Eddie and brown under Jean Jacques Machado
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-21-2011, 10:12 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
When did Rogan get his black belt?

I'm pretty sure he is still a brown

My bad, I thought he had gotten his BB.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.