Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-19-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
if the nfl can suspend guys like rothlesberger, vick and others for stuff they do off the field, i don't see why other sports wouldn't do it ...
Good point.

June of 2012 still seems steep...Rothlesberger only got, what, 4-game(?) suspension and he was accused of sexual assault.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:39 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Good point.

June of 2012 still seems steep...Rothlesberger only got, what, 4-game(?) suspension and he was accused of sexual assault.
yeah, he was never charged with anything ... i am sure he would have been given a bigger suspension if he was charged and found guilty like vick
Old 05-19-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
An now he's serving his punishment from Csac for falsifying his statement that Kieth said he didn't have to report his treatment which was a lie considering Sonnen never talked to him about it.
I thought they actually ended up reducing his original suspension because they couldn't prove he didn't tell Kizer. So now they've decided to go back to that and say he lied and are punishing him again?

If they thought he lied to begin with, why didn't they keep the original length of the initial suspension?
Old 05-19-2011, 12:46 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
I thought they actually ended up reducing his original suspension because they couldn't prove he didn't tell Kizer. So now they've decided to go back to that and say he lied and are punishing him again?

If they thought he lied to begin with, why didn't they keep the original length of the initial suspension?
they reduced it because they thought his defence was legit ... that he was cleared to use it in NV and he had a conversation with kizer who ok'd it .. he also provided blood tests to show his levels were never high during training .. but even those were unorganized and sketchy ...
Old 05-19-2011, 12:52 AM

Quote:
yeah, he was never charged with anything ... i am sure he would have been given a bigger suspension if he was charged and found guilty like vick
Yeah, he wasn't charged...doesn't mean he wasn't guilty.

I know Chael brought all this on himself. I can't defend his lying, cheating and money laundering. I'm just wondering if the CSAC isn't giving him in particular a little "extra" though...

Did Rampage get anything when he went all pycho and hit that woman? Or was that just considered a mental situation?
Old 05-19-2011, 12:56 AM

Quote:
they reduced it because they thought his defence was legit ... that he was cleared to use it in NV and he had a conversation with kizer who ok'd it .. he also provided blood tests to show his levels were never high during training .. but even those were unorganized and sketchy ...
It sounds like you're saying they "believed" him so why is Logrus and Que going on about him lying to Kizer then?
Old 05-19-2011, 01:05 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
It sounds like you're saying they "believed" him so why is Logrus and Que going on about him lying to Kizer then?
no .... chael told the csac that he talked to kizer about using the hormone therapy in nevada ... sonnen had used it in i believe two fights in nevada ... so csac reduced his sentence based on this ... but sonnen never spoke with kizer ... he even told kizer, "yeah, we never talked, but i still don't think i lied" ... so csac heard this and suspended him indefinitley
Old 05-19-2011, 01:09 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Yeah, he wasn't charged...doesn't mean he wasn't guilty.

I know Chael brought all this on himself. I can't defend his lying, cheating and money laundering. I'm just wondering if the CSAC isn't giving him in particular a little "extra" though...

Did Rampage get anything when he went all pycho and hit that woman? Or was that just considered a mental situation?
i just don't think the csac liked the fact that they were made to look like fools as they were lied to and reduced a sentence based on those lies ... imo, if you watched the hearing, it was a mess from the start ... chaels side was unorganized and stammering through testimony and the csac didn't look like genius' either as they didn't know like they knew the right things to ask and took a lot of things at face value ...
Old 05-19-2011, 01:53 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Sad that your happy to see someone lose their lively hood.. However Chael will be around whether it's coaching or something. He will be back..
i'm not happy to see him lose his lively hood, but i'm not disappointed either. because he asked for it.

chael got what he deserved. that's what you get for being a cheater, a liar, a thief, a money launderer, classless, no respect, and a person who never, ever learns from his mistakes.

maybe he can make another lively hood... stealing some more money from people..... again.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:33 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
sounds good to me

for a thief, liar, cheater, money launderer, classless, no respect person

the problem is that he never learns from his mistakes. there is a pattern, and it just never stops. it. just. never. stops.

that kind of person should be eliminated from the sport

good job CSAC
LMAO, he was convicted of money laundering.
The CSAC has licensed guys who were convicted rapists,
felony assaults, etc...

Liar? Sure. Suspending his license forever in Cali for lying?
Lame.