Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-19-2011, 01:15 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

I saw that article.. I am not one to go looking for a "payday".. but damn I would sue like crazy... and the school for allowing it..totally out of line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post

Regardless, the SS should have talked to the child's parents first. They should have no right to directly question a minor without parental consent.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
1.) I thought it was illegal to question a minor without consent or the parent present.
2.) I do understand that they have to check into every threat reported.
3.) Does anyone else find it odd that will the normal silly post by kids this age this 13 year old is posting about suicide bombers?
That's a good point, Bama, I hadn't thought about that aspect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
It sounds like the S.S
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I agree 100%.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:36 AM
County Mike

Without knowing exactly what he wrote or exactly how he was questioned, I'm thinking this wasn't too big of a deal. If they just asked him what he meant, deemed him a non-threat and sent him on his way then it doesn't bother me. If they intimidated him with threats of jail or whatever, then it was going too far. Really need more info to form an opinion on this.

Pretty sure the minimum age for a facebook account is 14. Anyone under 14 with an account lied to create it.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:40 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I thought that they were suppose to have Parental consent,a Parent or attorney present to speak to a minor. However nowadays I think the Government agents do what ever they want most times!
Old 05-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Primadawn

Minimum age for a Facebook Account is 13.

I'm kind of on the fence about the questioning. At first I thought I didn't really have a problem with it, because it was just a few questions, a warning not to do it again, etc.

But what if he HADN'T given them the right answers--what if he freaked out and started saying stuff that DIDN'T sound like what they wanted to hear? What I'm wondering is, with whatever authority they had to question him without parental knowledge or consent, how far could they have taken it?