Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Miss Foxy

Default I am freaking out

San Dimas man arrested on suspicion of planting hidden camera in Glendora Starbucks bathroom
Posted: 05/17/2011 05:43:26 PM PDT

Glendora police arrested a man suspected of placing a hidden camera inside the women's restroom of a Starbucks coffee shop. The device, disguised as a plastic coat hook, was affixed to a wall directly across from a toilet and secretly recorded females using the restroom. (Glendora Police Department)
Suspect William Zafra Velasco (Glendora Police Department)GLENDORA - A San Dimas man was arrested on suspicion of planting a hidden camera in a Starbucks coffee shop bathroom, catching the images of at least 45 women and children, authorities said.

William Zafra Velasco, 25, was arrested for placing the camera - disguised to look like part of a coat hook - in front of the toilet at the coffee shop located at 1832 E. Route 66, authorities said.

Velasco, who was studying to be an airline pilot at an Arizona university, is out on $50,000 bail and faces misdemeanor charges he secretly filmed the victims for sexual gratification.

"We did a forensic search of his computer and found out he hadn't shared any of this, but the potential was he could have," said Glendora police Lt. Tim Staab.

The

Blog
Go behind the yellow tape in the Crime Scene blog
camera was operating for only two days - April 14 and 15 - authorities said. Police have identified 11 victims but are seeking 34 more who haven't yet been identified, including children.
Staab said authorities are trying to identify as many victims as possible, so the District Attorney's Office can bring charges against Velasco for each one.

"It's an absolutely horrible violation of privacy that these victims have to suffer," Staab said.

Staab said Starbucks employees called police after finding the device.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/ci_18081014
Old 05-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Miss Foxy

This where I go to get coffee and my daughter studies in here sometimes. I am so freaked out.. What a sick bastard!
Old 05-18-2011, 06:26 PM
County Mike

So where do you get these coathook cameras?
Old 05-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
LOL!! Mike !!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

wow.. uncool... sorry about that MF...
Old 05-18-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
This where I go to get coffee and my daughter studies in here sometimes. I am so freaked out.. What a sick bastard!
That creep! He is a sick bastard! IF he becomes a pilot, he could do something like that in the airplane bathroom. Are you going to contact the police?

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I bet he's on FB. You could "friend" him and find out.

He's going to have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life now.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
That creep! He is a sick bastard! IF he becomes a pilot, he could do something like that in the airplane bathroom. Are you going to contact the police?

I bet he's on FB. You could "friend" him and find out.

He's going to have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life now.
Yes I am going to go by the station tomorrow. Tonight I am working overtime. I am really creeped out and did you read it only holds a misdemeanor charge? I don't use FB or else I would try to be-friend him. I feel sick thinking of the children involved.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:45 PM
BamaGrits84

There was an episode of Law & Order about some guy who did this but his fetish was with pee and whohas.

MF I would be concerned too but thankfully the police determined he didn't share any of his sickness. Wow I hope this guy doesn't just get the book thrown at him, I hope he gets beat with it!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Miss Foxy

I read it again and see the days he placed the cameras were only a 2day span. I need to clarify with my mom if my daughter was there, because I was in New York last month on those dates..
Old 05-18-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Yes I am going to go by the station tomorrow. Tonight I am working overtime. I am really creeped out and did you read it only holds a misdemeanor charge? I don't use FB or else I would try to be-friend him. I feel sick thinking of the children involved.
I hope she wasn't there during that time, Melissa. I feel for those who were caught with his camera...it's such a violation! I did see where it said this was just a misdemeanor. So you think because of that he "won't" have to register? I'm not sure what the laws are requiring them to register (misdemeanor...felony?), but you would think this particular act would require him to register as a sex offender. If this was his first time to do something like this, I believe it was just the beginning and that he would eventually do more things of this nature or worse.

I was just teasing Mike about the FB thing. I wouldn't doubt that he is on there though.