Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Seeing as how there is such a thing as the Ronald McDonald House that helps families who have children who are hospitalized long term, I highly doubt this stupid idea will take off. It's a great charity and I know many families who have had to live in one.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 05-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Twinsmama

has anyone noticed spirit doesn't take his kids to mcdonalds? and thinks it is crap food?

pay attention to your own actions first people. if you don't want to go to mcdonalds don't. if i want to go to mcdonalds and take my kids it's no ones business (at no one specific spirit just the people in the article)
Old 05-19-2011, 01:59 PM
rearnakedchoke

my kids love mcd's ... it is my job to make sure that they only eat it ever so often and not all the time ...

people who complain about this need to worry about more important things .. like the kool aid pitcher look a like dude .. now that guy will make your kids fat and rot their teeth and break down your wall when its koolaid time ...
Old 05-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
has anyone noticed spirit doesn't take his kids to mcdonalds? and thinks it is crap food?
My "right" as an American. I think not just McD's is crap food.. but pretty much all of the fast food chains.. granted.. I will eat at one occasionally...when I am on the run to "x" .. Last time I had "fast food" was about a month or so ago..

I just wish more people would understand this food isn't good for you in quantity.. I know people that eat this food as meals.. it's just not good for you.

Quote:
pay attention to your own actions first people. if you don't want to go to mcdonalds don't. if i want to go to mcdonalds and take my kids it's no ones business (at no one specific spirit just the people in the article)
I completely agree...

If you want to eat that food.. by all means.. have at it.. but alot of people don't have a clue as to what they are really eating..

And I have taken my kids their a few times.. my son and I hit a BK when coming home from a basketball game. The windows were down in the car.. and we passed BK and the smell of the flame broiled burgers got me.. (there is something about the taste of a flame broiled, microwaved hamburger that does it for me)... But IMO...those should not be the "norm" for anyone..

When I was in south america.. we saw 2 McDs that were closed.. I said "wow.. McDs is here?" I was told that "yeah they opened and closed within a year...No one would go there"..

For the price of a family of 4 to go to McDs (or the like).. 2 kids meals.. and 2 adult meals.. you can buy BETTER beef, buns.. (check out the ingredients of McDs bread).. and buy a forzen bag of fires.. or even better.. buy 4 or 5 potatoes.. and have the kids cut them into "fry size" as you grill the burgers.. and guess what.. you can actually have a conversation with your family while making a meal.. instead of filling up on fast food.. and then sending the kids off to play in the play house..

Sorry to come off so strong against fast food.. but.. IMO.. those places are a cause of .. and an example of.. many things of what is wrong with this country...

BUT.. it is a customers choice.. and I belive that asking a company to get rid of a mascot because it appeals to childeren.. is another problem with this country..

Looking to blame someone else for our own issues. (in this case.. McDs is the harbinger of "tubby kids"... as opposed to "Hey Little Johnny.. let's make some food at home.. we can have more fun that way.."... People take the easy way out more often than not..
Old 05-19-2011, 11:28 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

The poeple in this article need to get a life!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
My "right" as an American. I think not just McD's is crap food.. but pretty much all of the fast food chains.. granted.. I will eat at one occasionally...when I am on the run to "x" .. Last time I had "fast food" was about a month or so ago..

I just wish more people would understand this food isn't good for you in quantity.. I know people that eat this food as meals.. it's just not good for you.
Wait! What?

So, you ate at one last month, but it wasn't a meal?
Old 05-20-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Wait! What?

nope...

I had a Whopper.. and a coke.. that's just a snack... we had been playing basketball and both of us were sweaty and tired.. and we had some things to do before we went home... so a quick bite to eat.. and man.. it did taste good going down.. but sat like a bick once it reached my stomach.

to me a "meal" is like sitting down at a table and having dinner....
Old 05-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Wait! What?

Quote:
nope...

I had a Whopper.. and a coke.. that's just a snack... we had been playing basketball and both of us were sweaty and tired.. and we had some things to do before we went home... so a quick bite to eat.. and man.. it did taste good going down.. but sat like a bick once it reached my stomach.

even funnier was the explanation
Old 05-20-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post

even funnier was the explanation

ok.. I guess.. glad I made you giggle...

Care to share what was funny?
Old 05-20-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
nope...

Wait! What?

A 670 Calorie (40g fat, 11g sugar) sandwich and (guessing the size) a 290 Calorie (77g sugar) medium Coke is a snack?
(960 calories, 40g fat, 88g sugar).

Last edited by rockdawg21; 05-20-2011 at 04:22 PM.