Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-17-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Man to eat 25,000th Big Mac

Anybody hear of this guy? He was featured in the fast-food documentary, "Super Size Me" a few years back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-bI9qzFQk

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-r...-mac?GT1=47001
Quote:
Wisconsin Man Eats 25,000th Big Mac Today
May 17, 2011 at 7:11AM by Katie Robbins | 26 Comments

Today McDonald's will celebrate 25,000 Big Macs served. To just one man.

It's taken Wisconsin man Don Gorske 39 years to reach this auspicious milestone. He first started eating McDonald's iconic burgers on May 17, 1972, and since then, only eight days have passed without Gorske downing a Big Mac; and on many days he eats two.

Gorske, 57, who suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder, began his habit at age 18.

"A person like me, I just don't change too much," he told the Daily Mail. "It's pretty much two Big Macs a day." Though, you might think his cholesterol levels are through the roof, according to an article on Grubgrade.com in 2009, Gorske's cholesterol was at 151. He's also a beanpole at 6 feet 2 inches tall and roughly 180 pounds.

More from Delish: World Record for Strangest Diet

Since 1994 when McDonald's began issuing receipts, Gorske has saved each one as a record of his consumption. He often buys them in bulk, he told Green Bay's WBAY. "All you do is throw them in the fridge or freezer and microwave them. It's not the way most people would eat, but it's the way I'm used to eating is that way, and I enjoy them that way."

Gorske timed his 25,000th Big Mac to coincide with the anniversary of his first sandwich, which he will eat in the company of family and friends at his local McDonald's in Fond du Lac. In honor of the accomplishment, the proud outpost of the Golden Arches will hand out Gorske buttons and free-meal coupons to the first 300 diners there to join in the festivities.

More from Delish: Most Jell-O Eaten in 1 Minute with Chopsticks

Though a celebratory occasion, the anniversary isn't Gorske's first brush with fame. He appeared in Super Size Me, Morgan Spurlock's 2004 documentary about experimenting with an all McDonald's diet. And in 2008, Gorske was awarded the Guinness World Record for most Big Mac's consumed - then a mere 23,000.

Gorske shares his fame with other burger record holders, including competitive eater Joey Chestnut, who won the 2007 Krystal Square Off by downing a whopping 103 Krystal slider burgers in 8 minutes (a feat which has yet to be beat in subsequent contests), and Mallie's Sports Grill in Southgate, MI, which with its 319 pound behemoth holds the Guinness World Record for largest hamburger commercially available.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

I don't think I have eaten at McDs 150 times in my entire life... The idea of eaten that muc fast food...[sudder]
Old 05-17-2011, 08:25 PM
philips4

Okay that is just weird, but I gotta admit I LOVE Big Mac's! YUM! "Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun" is going to be playing in my head all day now!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:26 PM
BamaGrits84

I just tried to estimate how many chicken nuggest my kids have eaten. Pretty sure it is close to 2,500 between the two of them.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:27 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by philips4 View Post
Okay that is just weird, but I gotta admit I LOVE Big Mac's! YUM! "Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun" is going to be playing in my head all day now!
Do you remember when Bigi Macs would be 2 for $2 or 2 for $2.22 every few months? I was a teenager then and being that I spent so much money wasting gas burnign up the roads it was nothing for me to go all day then have only a few dollars left for me and a friend to get big macs for dinner.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:24 AM
Chuck

That's crazy!

I've actually never eaten a Big Mac before. Or a Whopper.

But I've tore up some serious double cheeseburgers!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 02:37 AM
Administrator

I've probably eaten at McDonalds over 300 times in the last 365 days. I usually grab breakfast there on my way home from work. Interestingly enough, I've also lost close to 60 pounds in the last year and gone from a snug size 38 waist down to a loose size 36 (I might be able to fit into a 34 waist here soon).
Old 05-18-2011, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I've probably eaten at McDonalds over 300 times in the last 365 days. I usually grab breakfast there on my way home from work. Interestingly enough, I've also lost close to 60 pounds in the last year and gone from a snug size 38 waist down to a loose size 36 (I might be able to fit into a 34 waist here soon).
Good for you, Nate, that's not easy.

I've only eaten at McDs a couple times. My folks owned a restaurant (mom & pop place), and I worked for them so we didn't go to the competition.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:31 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Good for you, Nate, that's not easy.

I've only eaten at McDs a couple times. My folks owned a restaurant (mom & pop place), and I worked for them so we didn't go to the competition.
Where at? Which one? Have I been there?
Old 05-18-2011, 04:28 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Where at? Which one? Have I been there?
Duh! Flo's Diner