Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default 'Bigfoot' Silva has doubts about Brock Lesnar illness, suggests he just doesn't like

WOW... I am not a fan of Brock.. not a fan of his in cage fighting.. his style, his actions.. not really any fan at all.. It annoys me that he can be 50Lbs heavier when he steps into the cage.. than most HW fighters..(OK maybe not that much.. but you get the idea..)I CAN apperciate that he has some INCREDIBLE speed for someone his size.. and he can do nothing but get better...

But I would hate to see the guy die.. his last illness.. whoa.. don't worry about the multi million dollar carrer.. let's make sure you live... that's my take on Brock... but Antonio.. he was just plan "cold" here...

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/5/17/21...just#storyjump

Brock Lesnar has a serious case of diverticu-yeahright-is, according to former Elite XC heavyweight champion, Antonio Silva.

"Bigfoot" shared his "doubts" about the recent relapse that sacked Lesnar and his planned UFC 131 main event clash with Junior dos Santos, which was expected to name the heavyweight division's new number one contender.

A fear of big Brazilian knuckle sandwiches, not another serious case of intestinal diverticulitis, is perhaps the real reason behind Lesnar's withdrawal.

Humiliation, too, might have something to do with it.

"Pezao" explained his theory to Sherdog.com:

Quote:
"I donít want to judge anyone and I really wish itís not a big health problem for [Lesnar], but I have some doubts. That big guy doesnít like being punched. In his last fights, he was put in the fetal position by Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez, which is humiliating for a fighter. I think he pulled out of the fight against ĎCigano,í who is a real heavy puncher and a real tough opponent for someone who doesnít like being punched."
Lesnar is coming off a fist round technical knockout thrashing courtesy of Cain Velasquez that cost him his heavyweight title, as well as a heaping helping of humility. Prior to the loss, Lesnar barely survived a mauling at the massive mitts of Shane Carwin.

It's those two performances that Silva points to as potential evidence that Lesnar is scared to get hit. And it's entirely possible that his heavy-handed coaching counterpart on this season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF), dos Santos, could make it three straight beatdowns.

Far from scientific, considering that Lesnar has been evaluated and diagnosed by top physicians at the world-renowned Mayo Clinic. But that's neither here nor there in the trash-talking, "look at me" fight business.

Perhaps Silva is just looking to draw even more attention to his current status, which is on the rise after stopping Fedor Emelianenko in his most recent fight and advancing to the semifinals of the Strikeforce Heavwyweight Grand Prix.

He is currently awaiting the winner of the bout between Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem and Fabricio Werdum. That fight is set to go down next month (June 18, 2011) in Texas, setting up a major showdown later this year to reach the tournament final.

The winner of which will no doubt earn a spot on the UFC roster and likely a high profile fight against Velasquez (if he's still champion) and maybe even Lesnar himself (if he's healthy).

A reality that is not lost on Silva:

Quote:
"No doubt, itís a dream not only for me, but for every athlete, to fight in the UFC ... but itís something Iím planning for the future only. I believe the Strikeforce tournament champion will face the UFC champion. Thatís what people have been talking about. I hope it comes true, but that fight wouldnít be until next year. I hope I can get both belts. It would be a dream come true. Everyone wants to know who the best fighter in the world is and theyíll have that chance in the future. If I win both belts, you can be sure Iíll spend at least two months just drinking coconut water and driving Jet Skis in Paraiba with my family."
That's quite a prescription for future success ... is he in need of medical treatment or does Silva truly have the tools to make his dreams come true?
Old 05-17-2011, 02:46 PM
County Mike

I think Lesnar really is sick, but coconut water and jet skis sounds good too.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I think Lesnar really is sick, but coconut water and jet skis sounds good too.
+1
Old 05-17-2011, 03:44 PM

I think he is talking way ahead of himself, Allistar is going to both him and Fabricio to sleep.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Bigfoot' Silva
No doubt, itís a dream not only for me, but for every athlete, to fight in the UFC ... but itís something Iím planning for the future only.
Well, considering Brock is Dana's biggest draw and (probably) his most favorite fighter on the entire UFC roster, Silva may have just severely prevented himself from making it to the UFC. Or, if Brock pulls out of this ok, he'll let Brock whoop Silva's ass.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:16 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

For me all this trash talking by fighters is getting old!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
For me all this trash talking by fighters is getting old!
Agreed, and if Brock was really faking an injury, he'd say it was a leg, cut, ankle, etc. rather than another bout with diverticulitis.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:37 PM

I'm wondering if he changed his eating habits... He probably didn't. He must have to take in a crap load of calories and all sorts of areas that could give him a relapse with the diverticulitis.