Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
But only temporarily. Fiorino posted the audio recordings on youtube, and now they are harassing him again:
Hope he doesn't really need to have police assistance in the future...

Just a dumb kid that thinks he knows something but most likely hasn't experienced anything.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Blade

Dumb Yanks and their guns. Having said that, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people walking around Philly that do need shooting.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
The cops reaction was not illegal.. don't know where you are getting that.. and given the circumstances.. I don't think it was such an over reaction..
If you don't think open carry should be legal, that's fine, but you do not have the right to enforce your political views at gunpoint, even if you're a cop.

Quote:
Instead of trying to provoke attention .. I would try to fix something without the risk of getting shot by an overzealous cop...
If the police think they can ignore laws they don't like and enforce ones they make up, how would you fix that without angering the police?
Old 05-17-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
If you don't think open carry should be legal, that's fine, but you do not have the right to enforce your political views at gunpoint, even it you're a cop.
I could care less about carrying in the open being legal or not.. IMO.. it's stupid.. some thug sees you with a gun on your hip.. walks up behind you and bashes your head in with a brick,... and takes your gun.. and wallet just cause it's there...

What political view was the cop enforcing anyway??.. that it's illeagal to carry open? Sounds like the cop made a mistake.. at least he didn't make a mistake and shoot the guy in the head..and that would have been a law.. not a political view.. (either way.. legal to carry open or not).. and that's that..

Was the cop expressing a political view when he was calling the guy a bunch of names??

Quote:
If the police think they can ignore laws they don't like and enforce ones they make up, how would you fix that without angering the police?
So now we have gone from one cop making a mistake.. to "the police"... and the police are making up laws.. and not enforcing others...

What laws were ignored?? What law was made up.. oh you mean.. "Do you know you can't openly carry here in Philadelphia?".. wow.. heaven forbid someone make a mistake.. your making one error.. into a platform that doesn't have a leg to stand on..

If you want to fix something.. you take it to the proper channels first.. here is would be a civil review board.. and so on.. You don't provoke a cop to pull his weapon on you by placing him in a sitution that makes him feel unsafe.. that's just stupid.

Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE
Quote:
The cop needs to learn the law and how to behave in a professional manner!
I can see that.. but I have to wonder.. would any of the /insert sarcasm here.."really bad names.." this young and upstanding citizen was called been uttered upon his virgin ears.. had the young man just did as he was told.. by a cop with a gun pointed at him.. and gotten down on his knees?

I wonder if there were anyo other actions that were not caught on tape.. I wonder how this guy was dressed.. I wonder if this was in an area that was known for violence.. or even not a "bad area" of town...

I wonder why so many people are ready to jump down a cops throat.. and not even questioning why there was a recording being made...
Old 05-17-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

You said "her ass".
Old 05-17-2011, 05:55 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Bottom line the guy was NOT breaking any law when the COP come up behind him and threatened him with an already drawn gun. Now the guy would have been better served to have gotten down on his knees but that still don't excuse this cop. He also offered to show them his licence and they apparently were not interested! It ain't very professional to pull a firearm and holler hey Junior at a citizen that is not breaking any laws. It also ain't very professional to curse at a citizen that is not breaking any law. As for the recorder. If I had a small digital recorder I would be tempted to carry it with me to. Especially if I was being harassed by law enforcement! Also them deciding to charge him AFTER he posted it on YouTube seems like punishment for embarrassing them! In other words don't embarrass your masters!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

With the audio proof, this is an open and shut case. He'll get out of this easy, then sue the **** out of the City of Philadelphia. I'm not into lawsuits, but this one is definitely not frivolous.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
Bottom line the guy was NOT breaking any law when the COP come up behind him and threatened him with an already drawn gun. Now the guy would have been better served to have gotten down on his knees but that still don't excuse this cop. He also offered to show them his licence and they apparently were not interested! It ain't very professional to pull a firearm and holler hey Junior at a citizen that is not breaking any laws. It also ain't very professional to curse at a citizen that is not breaking any law. As for the recorder. If I had a small digital recorder I would be tempted to carry it with me to. Especially if I was being harassed by law enforcement! Also them deciding to charge him AFTER he posted it on YouTube seems like punishment for embarrassing them! In other words don't embarrass your masters!

+1
Old 05-17-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
Bottom line the guy was NOT breaking any law when the COP come up behind him and threatened him with an already drawn gun. Now the guy would have been better served to have gotten down on his knees but that still don't excuse this cop. He also offered to show them his licence and they apparently were not interested!
Better Bottom Line

The cop made a mistake in thinking it was againsst the law... and acted accordingly.. and pulled his weapon to ensure that he had the upper hand over a person that he knew nothing about.

Police are trained to control a situtation.. and I would think that controlling the weapon and person would be just a *bit* more important than allowing the guy to move his hands around.. let me guess.. since 90%+ of the population (yeah that's a guess).. is right handed.. and his papers were probably be in his wallet.. in his right hand back pocket.. hmm.. I wonder which hip the gun was on??? You want to let someone that is unknown to you start reaching towards a gun??

Quote:
It ain't very professional to pull a firearm and holler hey Junior at a citizen that is not breaking any laws.
It isn't very smart to carry a gun in the open anyway... as far as calling the guy Junior.. maybe that was written on the back of his jacket??

Quote:
It also ain't very professional to curse at a citizen that is not breaking any law.
It isn't very smart to not comply with a police offices demands.. especially one that has a gun drawn on you...I sure would be cursing at a citizen that I thought who was breaking a law and not compling with my requests/demands.. Who knows what the goofball is about to do..

Quote:
As for the recorder. If I had a small digital recorder I would be tempted to carry it with me to. Especially if I was being harassed by law enforcement!
Except at that point.. when he had the recorder running... he had not been harassed as yet.. He is now being harassed (according to him).. since he has tried to embarrass the cops... So I ask again.. I wonder why he had set out to record the whole thing...

Quote:
Also them deciding to charge him AFTER he posted it on YouTube seems like punishment for embarrassing them! In other words don't embarrass your masters!
Probably.. and probably will teach a few people a lesson..
Old 05-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Primadawn

Quote:
Better Bottom Line

It isn't very smart to carry a gun in the open anyway... as far as calling the guy Junior.. maybe that was written on the back of his jacket??

It isn't very smart to not comply with a police offices demands.. especially one that has a gun drawn on you...I sure would be cursing at a citizen that I thought who was breaking a law and not compling with my requests/demands.. Who knows what the goofball is about to do..

Oh! Oh! Do we get to start correcting everyone's grammar? Yes!!! I'm ON it! Can we do spelling too? Please? Please?