Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Question If You could just go back....

If you could just go back in time within your life span to change something...what would it be...and why?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-16-2011, 03:26 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I would go back to 1980 and invest a couple of grand in a little known company by the name of microsoft....i'll let you figure out the why.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-16-2011, 11:46 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

I'd go steal Obama birth certificate just to mess with everybody!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Dethbob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I would go back and not walk away from the Church in my teens. I tried atheism, taoism, existentialism etc. and learned first hand that they are all crap, but I pretty much already new that. In the mean time I lost a lot of ground in getting my life where it needed to be, and have a lot of catching up to do.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
I would go back and not walk away from the Church in my teens. I tried atheism, taoism, existentialism etc. and learned first hand that they are all crap, but I pretty much already new that. In the mean time I lost a lot of ground in getting my life where it needed to be, and have a lot of catching up to do.
I wouldn't call them all crap... but I would say that there is a lot to learn from all organized religions.. if only that they just don't have it quite right.. IMO...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

I would go back to the day I was shot in a robbery.. and instead of me being shot.. it would have been the other guy (go figure).

Why..

Cause 20 years later.. it still messes with me..

I saw a TV show (Bones) that had a guy dying and the scene was unnerving.. had the hair on my arms standing... brought a lot back...

and the guy that shot me, wouldn't have had the chance to kill someone else 3 weeks later... who by what I understood.. was a much better person than I.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
I would go back to 1980 and invest a couple of grand in a little known company by the name of microsoft....i'll let you figure out the why.

Well.. let's be honest.. would YOU have invested in this group???

MICROSOFT Cira 1979
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/new...ft-in-1979.ars
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-16-2011, 04:16 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Well.. let's be honest.. would YOU have invested in this group???

MICROSOFT Cira 1979
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/new...ft-in-1979.ars
Hahaha, what a bunch of creepers, stoners & nerds!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-16-2011, 04:16 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

I wouldn't go back and change anything. I am who I am today based on things that happened to me and choices that I made in the past, both the good and the bad. I have to live with both the negative and positive consequences of my actions so that I may be a better person every day than I was the day before.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-16-2011, 04:20 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I wouldn't go back and change anything. I am who I am today based on things that happened to me and choices that I made in the past, both the good and the bad. I have to live with both the negative and positive consequences of my actions so that I may be a better person every day than I was the day before.


~Amy
See, that's why you pull a Back to the Future 2: you buy yourself a whole bunch of Apple stock from the year you were born, but you don't let yourself know about it. Then, 5 years from now, Western Union shows up out of the blue & hands you an letter that they've been holding for 30-some odd years & when you open it up, it's a letter from yourself letting you know that you're actually a millionaire. That way you get to go through all the same old crap that made you as awesome as you are right now, but then you also get rewarded with lotsa money!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.