Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-12-2009, 03:52 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
yes they did, which is why the Head of the NSAC said it was unfair to Penn. the UFC has also changed the rules on how many guys can be in the Octagon between rounds and applying Vaseline.

okay goat heres your chance,give me the link to the rule he broke,,
Old 03-12-2009, 03:56 AM
atomdanger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNWlF...eature=related

Even better, a dermatologist talking about it.
Since nobody seems to believe my "try and wipe it off" comments
Old 03-12-2009, 03:59 AM
kevint13

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCYB1...eature=related

Watch that video and tell me the grease didn't make a difference.

I don't know if you're a GSP fan, or a BJ hater, or a mix of both,
but you're letting your opinion of either fighter cloud your judgment on the issue.
Wow I just agreed to disagree and then you fire this at me.....forget it.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:01 AM
bradwright

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNWlF...eature=related

Even better, a dermatologist talking about it.
Since nobody seems to believe my "try and wipe it off" comments

i'm sure everyone finds that quite interesting but there is no rule against applying greasing agents to your body in NSACs rules,
Old 03-12-2009, 04:04 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
i'm sure everyone finds that quite interesting but there is no rule against applying greasing agents to your body in NSACs rules,

then why is the NSAC taking a complaint?
and having a hearing on the matter?

Why didn't they simply say there was no rule against it and shut up?
Old 03-12-2009, 04:15 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
okay goat heres your chance,give me the link to the rule he broke,,
contact the NSAC. they decide if there was a violation and they have. hence, "it was unfair to Penn," and "it was illegal." the UFC changed the rule on who comes and goes and who applies the Vaseline because of this....what more do you want? it doesn't matter what you or i think the rules say, it's what the NSAC says the rules say. and they're quite clear....GSP cheated (intentional or not) and it was unfair to Penn.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana White:

“I think it’s legit, I don’t think that B.J. will deny that he lost to GSP. But there’s nobody that watched that fight that can deny that the cornerman didn’t rub Vaseline on GSP.”

“Let me tell you what, I’ve been in this business for a long time, man, and when you’re around the fight game and you bump into the cornermen or whoever, and you shake their hand and they got Vaseline on ‘em… okay? They shake your hand and you’ got Vaseline on your hand and I’m like “[expletive]! The guy just got Vaseline all over my hand!"

“It doesn’t come off your hand until you wash it with soap and water. You just don’t wipe Vaseline off with a towel… it doesn’t work that way. The stuff stays on you and you stay slippery and you stay greasy until you wash it off with soap.”

“… The guy who is applying Vaseline to his face should not and cannot touch any other part of his body. It’s illegal. It is absolutely illegal. And you see his cornerman rubs around his neck down onto chest, rubs his shoulders, then rubs his chest and back. That is 100 percent [expletive] illegal. Okay?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kizer said he found out later that Penn complained to the inspector in his corner after the first round that “Mr. St. Pierre was perhaps being a little more slippery that he should be.”

Other fighters have weighed in on the subject, with former champion Matt Hughes saying a greasy St. Pierre is nothing new to him.

“I’m not the only one who has said that GSP felt greasy during a fight,” Hughes, who lost his title to St. Pierre, said on his official website.
“I know (former champion) Matt Serra has mentioned it and, even in their first fight, I think B.J. said something. I’m not saying GSP did something wrong and I’m not saying that it would have changed any outcomes of any fights; but what I am saying is, for my last two fights against Georges, he felt greasy.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kizer:

"After the fight I talked to Mr. Nurse and Mr. St. Pierre and explained to them my concern, and told Mr. Nurse that unfortunately I think the actions of Mr. St. Pierre's cornermen may have tainted Mr. St. Pierre's win and that's unfortunate for Mr. St. Pierre," Kizer said.

"It was disturbing. Where it goes from here, if anything, I don't know." It wasn't necessary, it definitely wasn't fair to Mr. Penn."

"His cornerman should have been more careful if it was an accident. If it was intentional, that's even worse. Just very, very disturbing."

"I found out this morning -- I talked with another inspector of mine -- he said that apparently B.J. Penn had complained to the inspector in his corner after either the first or second round that he though maybe Georges was a little slippery. I found that out this morning. At the same time he was complaining we were actually handling the situation in Georges' corner. It's just unfortunate."
Old 03-12-2009, 04:16 AM
bradwright

Quote:
then why is the NSAC taking a complaint?
and having a hearing on the matter?

Why didn't they simply say there was no rule against it and shut up?
they told BJ he was welcome to make a complaint but they said that they were fairly certain there would be no action taken against GSP,
maybe a warning to his corner man but thats about it,

you see the rule states you can apply a greasing agent to your body,just not in excess,
Old 03-12-2009, 04:18 AM
Hughes_GOAT

so the only thing in question is what will happen to GSP and or his corner....not if they did something illegal, because they did.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:20 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce13
Wow I just agreed to disagree and then you fire this at me.....forget it.
show him the Rich Franklin greasing
Old 03-12-2009, 04:21 AM
kevint13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
you saw people wiping him, but no one was saying, hey, the NSAC is wiping off GSP because he has excessive Vaseline on his chest, shoulders, neck and back and that it is illegal.

he complained about his greasing before the fight and after the fight. it's all on video, the rules have been changed. the Head NSAC has already said that it was unfair to Penn.

fighters say the right things afterwards all the time and then change their tune. GSP did it against Serra when he said Serra was the better fighter, then he changed it to i didn't train properly, i was injured, if it were Matt Hughes i wouldn't have taken the fight.
I'm sorry, but I did not see 'excessive' vaseline applied to GSP.

I don't care if he complained about it before the fight or after someone told him what happened, he had admitted defeat and then said that GSP cheated and that is why he lost. If he thought there was something going on, why did he not say it right then? And since the NSAC was wiping GSP down, maybe they should have done their job and called it at that point!

GSP made an excuse after fighting Serra, that he was dealing with a lot of issues. He is taking blame for the loss. Big difference from admitting defeat and then accusing the winner of cheating.

Like I said previously, we can all agree to disagree. That is how I see things and I presented that. You and Atom have presented things and I acknowledge them, but don't necessarily agree. I am done arguing over this. It's all good, that is what a forum is for.