Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-11-2009, 05:20 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I can't believe so many people are giving BJ crap for filing a complaint.

What would you do if you felt like somebody broke the rules (and you had video proof)?

Whine about it on your website? Or say nothing?

BJ in my opinion is being a man and sticking up for what he believes is right,
having somebody cheat and win, and being too scared to say anything would be being a b*tch IMO,
Penn really feels like GSP cheated/broke the rules, so he is doing something about it.
yup, then he should stick to the facts, he is the one acting like a little bit#% by making accusations that he cannot back-up ... the proof is that vaseline was applied after round one, applied again after round two, wiped off and then gsp was wiped down again after the third ... the facts are also that Penn got his ass whooped and has always come out with excuses for his losses ... he is never as good as his nuthugging fans thought ... by him saying he "alleges" gsp ingested something to make himself greasy is ridiculous and he could never prove that ... if he never complained before, that is one thing, but he always does it ...
Old 03-11-2009, 05:32 PM
maxumII

Would he have filed a complaint if he had won?
Old 03-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
yup, then he should stick to the facts, he is the one acting like a little bit#% by making accusations that he cannot back-up ... the proof is that vaseline was applied after round one, applied again after round two, wiped off and then gsp was wiped down again after the third ... the facts are also that Penn got his ass whooped and has always come out with excuses for his losses ... he is never as good as his nuthugging fans thought ... by him saying he "alleges" gsp ingested something to make himself greasy is ridiculous and he could never prove that ... if he never complained before, that is one thing, but he always does it ...
I understand where you are coming from about BJ whining lately trust me I do I recently responded to a thread regarding him, however I would like to say I am glad he brought attention to this matter. This matter of greasing in the sport is like MLB players with steroids. It just can't be tolerated. I am behind the accusations since other creditable fighters have expressed that GSP has felt greasy. I agree that BJ should admit he got served and it would not have changed the outcome, but in the same breath I am glad he is taking a stand.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Maldonado136

pre-fight shower?? really???
Old 03-11-2009, 07:04 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
I understand where you are coming from about BJ whining lately trust me I do I recently responded to a thread regarding him, however I would like to say I am glad he brought attention to this matter. This matter of greasing in the sport is like MLB players with steroids. It just can't be tolerated. I am behind the accusations since other creditable fighters have expressed that GSP has felt greasy. I agree that BJ should admit he got served and it would not have changed the outcome, but in the same breath I am glad he is taking a stand.
You got it ... i think something is being done, although i am a fan of gsp, if he were to get suspended or fined, it would send a strong message, but when penn starts making accusations that cannot be proved, imo, that is attempting to slander a fighter ... i am a fan of the sport more than any fighter, so i would like it to be kept clean, but to me, if this were coming from someone else, i wouldn't mind .. BJ just whines like a baby until he gets what he wants, he saw his "aura" diminished and his confidence smashed back in Jan ... and now he is trying to get some of it back, but it will probably back fire on his a$$
Old 03-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Crisco

the reason why GSP is so slippery is because he has ZERO body hair

Old 03-11-2009, 07:23 PM
billythekid2000

So BJ wants all fighters to have a pre-fight shower or only GSP?

Maybe what he really wants is for fighters to shower and scrub each other down, dry each other off, then test for slipperyness. That would increase the length of the PPV show and make for interesting staredowns.

BJ has gone whacko.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:31 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke

Do me a huge favor before you talk about this subject again.

1. Wipe vasoline on your back
2. Try to rub it off with a towel
Old 03-11-2009, 07:32 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxumII
Would he have filed a complaint if he had won?
He should have if he had.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:33 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I wonder if BJ thinks the fight would have gone differently if there wasn't a little vaseline on GSP's shoulder?.

I'm not saying it was not a cheating move but it's no different then a low blow in my opinion.

I would just like to know if he thinks he could have won because at that point I will say this is all a big show for him to try and save face. If he says no GSP was owning the **** out of my face all over the place I just think he should be called out for cheating then I will take him seriously.
It doesn't MATTER if the fight would have gone differently.

By that logic, if a loser gets low kicked, or the winner is fence grabbing and using steroids we might as well not punish them if we are all pretty sure the fight would have still ended the same, rules are rules.

Just because you are going to win a fight, doesn't mean you can break them,
that logic makes NO SENSE

By your thinking, they should not change a fight when a guy uses steroids,
because... maybe they didn't effect the outcome? Maybe the guy would have won anyway,
so don't change it to a NC. There is no way to tell if steroid use truly changes the outcome of the fight, so EFF IT