Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-14-2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
well the UFC has already changed who is allowed in the corner between rounds and when the vaseline is applied.

Japan does it best.

1.) they allow you to wear pants, this helps absorb slipperiness, both natural and illegal.

2.) if you're caught using grease, it will be a NC.

3.) Vaseline is only allowed to the face before the first round, none after
Ahh, very wise!
Old 03-14-2009, 03:57 PM
bradwright

Quote:
ok, here's the deal....like i said, i'm not arguing that GSP would have lost if not for greasing, i'm not arguing it was intentional or not. i'm arguing that the act itself, of greasing his body, was illegal.

here's the rule:

"The excessive use of grease or any other foreign substance may not be used on the face or body of an unarmed combatant."

the NSAC legislation relies on someone else's interpretation of the rule to tell you that you cannot grease the body, and Kizer (Director of the NSAC) has said that it is his interpretation of that rule that no grease can be applied to the body, and only "non-excessive" amounts can be applied to the face.

so excessive means more than necessary.

the necessary amount of vaseline on your back and shoulders is zero.

therefore anything more than zero is excessive.

the NSAC was notified by Liddell, someone that knows the rules better than any of us, that GSP's corner was using vaseline on his body. Kizer and crew went in screaming and yelling for Nurse to take his hands off GSP's body. they kicked the vaseline out of the octagon in disgust.

this is not something the NSAC would do if Nurse rubbing down GSP was legit.

as far as Matt and other fighters complaining about GSP feeling greasy, it's relevant because like Matt also said, he's had 40+ fights, 2,000+ wrestling matches and he knows the difference between sweat slipperiness and greasing slipperiness.

the rule states non excessive amounts may be applied to the face and body,
it doesn't say no grease shall be applied to the body and only non excessive amounts to the face,,
see the difference?
Old 03-15-2009, 02:45 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
the rule states non excessive amounts may be applied to the face and body,
it doesn't say no grease shall be applied to the body and only non excessive amounts to the face,,
see the difference?
ok, first of all, Kizer determined it was excessive, not, non excessive.

second of all, this is the rule:

"The excessive use of grease or any other foreign substance may not be used on the face or body of an unarmed combatant."

third of all, Kizer, told NBCSports.com that while the written regulation doesn't outlaw greasing the body, fighters at MMA events are verbally told by both the commission and the promoter that it is not allowed.

game, set and match.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:18 AM
bradwright

Quote:
ok, first of all, Kizer determined it was excessive, not, non excessive.

second of all, this is the rule:

third of all, Kizer, told NBCSports.com that while the written regulation doesn't outlaw greasing the body, fighters at MMA events are verbally told by both the commission and the promoter that it is not allowed.

game, set and match.
i guess you just dont understand the difference,
oh well,,
game set and match,
Old 03-15-2009, 03:26 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
i guess you just dont understand the difference,
oh well,,
game set and match,
i'll play Devil's Advocate. yes, you can use Vaseline on the body according to the rule.....BUT, also written in the same rule, it can't be excessive....following so far? guess who determines what excessive is? that's right, the NSAC and Kizer is the Director of the NSAC who decided it was illegal (excessive).

Kizer, told NBCSports.com that while the written regulation doesn't outlaw greasing the body, fighters at MMA events are verbally told by both the commission and the promoter that it is not allowed.

so either way you look at, the excessive angle or the fact that fighters are told ahead of time they are not allowed to put grease on their bodies.....you lose.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:39 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Brad, you're right, the rule doesn't say it's illegal!

and

Goat, you're right, the NSAC and Dana White interpret the rule as it is illegal!

O' my...glory hallelujah...would you look at that, you're both RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

It's a...NO CONTEST!!!!

true, but the only problem is that GSP's amount of grease WAS illegal, so in this circumstance GOAT wins

no one in their right minds would think what happened that night was legal. LOL at that. you'd have to be one corrupt individual to believe that. if every fighter used that much in every fight, do you know how quickly this sport would go laughed upon by the masses and go under? it would be de-legitamized and go under before you could say "Pride" or "Skala"

thank GOD bradright is not a member of the athletic commission, or a cornerman, or a fighter, or anyone even remotely close to working for any sports. the athletic commission and dana white agree with me. that's all i have to say, about that
Old 03-15-2009, 03:42 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by que

thank GOD bradright is not a member of the athletic commission, or a cornerman, or a fighter, or anyone even remotely close to working for any sports. the athletic commission and dana white agree with me. that's all i have to say, about that
Old 03-15-2009, 03:44 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
true, but the only problem is that GSP's amount of grease WAS illegal, so in this circumstance GOAT wins
almost forgot

Old 03-15-2009, 03:55 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Rogan agrees too:

1:40 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV8FqCnUHHs
Old 03-15-2009, 04:23 AM
billythekid2000

The formal complaint has no chance of succeeding in it's objectives:
Kizer and the NSAC witnessed the illegal greasing and wiped it off with a towel. They were obviously satisfied that the amount of vaseline left was no longer illegal otherwise they would not have the the fight continue.

To now rule the fight as an NC would be ridiculous, Unless Kizer is willing to admit that he screwed up and should not have let the fight continue or should have ruled an NC immediately after the fight.