Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 05-17-2011, 01:17 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Of course, not everyone would leave if that were to happen; since, unfortunately, many "Christians" put more stock in buildings than in GOD.
THIS!
Old 05-25-2011, 05:48 AM
donaldbreland

I have a question for you? Will a gay person make it into the gates of Heaven? Or will the person not forgiving the people for being gay make it into Heaven? God says to love your neighbor as yourself. He also says to pray for your enemies and forgive them fully. That's actually one of the first prayers we are supposed to pray for. Hatred amongst anyone just might keep you from Heaven. Do I support gay people. Of course not. Do I believe it's wrong. I do. But what is worst. Stealing a bike or killing someone. They are both a sin and through Jesus dieing on the Cross we are forgiving from all sins. God knows our story and knows how we will end. Jesus died for everyone. Including the gays.God don't love you know more than he loves gays.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:08 AM

love don't get you in heaven.... forgiveness does

love gets you a Savior here on this earth , so if the gays want to get forgiven they can get in heaven

if you get saved will you stop killing people and stealing bikes?
Old 05-25-2011, 11:35 AM
donaldbreland

You can't have forgiveness without love. All I am saying is that I think we need to stop playing God and start playing person on earth trying to get to Heaven by becoming more like Him and thinking more like Him (God).
Old 05-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
I have a question for you? Will a gay person make it into the gates of Heaven? Or will the person not forgiving the people for being gay make it into Heaven? God says to love your neighbor as yourself. He also says to pray for your enemies and forgive them fully. That's actually one of the first prayers we are supposed to pray for. Hatred amongst anyone just might keep you from Heaven. Do I support gay people. Of course not. Do I believe it's wrong. I do. But what is worst. Stealing a bike or killing someone. They are both a sin and through Jesus dieing on the Cross we are forgiving from all sins. God knows our story and knows how we will end. Jesus died for everyone. Including the gays.God don't love you know more than he loves gays.
No. A person who refuses to admit that homosexuality is a sin and refuses to stop living the lifestyle can't get saved. Repentance is the first step of salvation. So a homosexual would need to admit that homosexuality is sin AND cease from practicing the lifestyle, in order to be saved. That's not saying that he would never be tempted or succumb to temptation occasionally. However, someone who blatantly ignores the teachings in the Bible and claims that homosexuality is not only "not a sin" but is actually "blessed by GOD," then that person cannot be saved. There is no salvation when there is no repentance.

You seem to be implying that we are passing judgement and displaying hatred towards homosexuals by standing up for GOD's Word. However, you are the one passing judgement on us. So, if you want to criticize anyone for being "judgmental" and "unforgiving" you need to start with yourself.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
You can't have forgiveness without love. All I am saying is that I think we need to stop playing God and start playing person on earth trying to get to Heaven by becoming more like Him and thinking more like Him (God).
Your statement here implies that you believe in a works-based salvation.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:09 PM
donaldbreland

First off Nate if It sounded like I was passing judgement on anyone then I am sorry for that. Second thing is that I don't believe in a works based salvation. I don't think we can work for Gods love. Jesus died so that we can have everlasting life. I do understand where you are coming from about gays. I guess what I should have said is what if a person was gay and then asked for Gods forgiveness and then changed their lifestyle. What I believe is that no matter where you came from in life you can be saved if you really believe and accept in Jesus Christ.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:14 PM
donaldbreland

Quote:
Your statement here implies that you believe in a works-based salvation.

What I was stating is that love is a state of mind where you can't forgive someone unless you love them. God wants us to love everyone. If you show love towards someone then you are more likely to help that person come to know a loving God. I do not believe in a work based salvation. Let me ask you a question. Do you believe in fasting?
Old 05-25-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
okay, being "more like Him" is a christianese cliche used by secular christians, the correct thing to do is to better obey Him and be more like He wants us to be

And yes you can have forgiveness without love, if my neighbor killed my dog i don't have to love them to forgive them, but they do have to be sorry and repentent for it.... besides my point is, God won't forgive for eternity, only while we are still down here, and it's not God's love that gets us into heaven, it's His love that granted us a CHANCE to be forgiven,

you say He loves gays as much as He loves me,,,, well in that same respect He loves serial killers as much as He loves gays also... or as much as He loves me, unless you consider the fact that He might have a deeper level of intimacy with His children than those who either hate or don't care about Him

Quote:

You seem to be implying that we are passing judgement and displaying hatred towards homosexuals by standing up for GOD's Word. However, you are the one passing judgement on us. So, if you want to criticize anyone for being "judgmental" and "unforgiving" you need to start with yourself.
+1 i never said I didn't love gays.... i

consider homosexuality just as perverted as any other sexual abomination such as incest, adulterers, fornicators, polygamists, etc.... and i consider that just as bad as murder and rape, BUT and it's a big but, God considers all sin, to be sin enough to keep you out of heaven and it all has to be repented of

Quote:
Do you believe in fasting?
donald you are already resurrecting dead, yet volatile threads, the least you can do is stay on topic,

besides if one truly believes in fasting, according to the first sermon on the mount they couldn't even admit to it, so if you are ready to admit to it then you don't truly believe in fasting
Old 05-25-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
What I was stating is that love is a state of mind where you can't forgive someone unless you love them. God wants us to love everyone. If you show love towards someone then you are more likely to help that person come to know a loving God. I do not believe in a work based salvation. Let me ask you a question. Do you believe in fasting?
that is bogus

love is an unconditional commitment to the betterment/postive outcome of a certain thing

people nowadays get married for like/infatuation/libido, but not love, you can love someone without ever meeting them, because love is a concious choice i.e. isaac and rebekah, plus numerous other betrothals,

forgiveness is the release of debt owed which requires no relationship(beyond the said debt) with said person, be it love, hate, nuetral, or no acquaintance Obama can forgive you your tickets and never know you, or love you