Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 03-11-2009, 05:13 AM
que

i've been listening to alot of movie soundtracks and classical music lately. some electronica as well, mainly heatbeat and some massive attack
Old 03-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Moose

I go in stages. I've been listening to The Roots, The Mars Volta, U2, Danzig, Common, and Interpol recently.

If I had to pick one album from all time to listen to, it would be a toss up between Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and The Joshua Tree.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and The Joshua Tree.
Both awesome albums!
Old 03-11-2009, 05:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
some electronica as well, mainly heatbeat and some massive attack
Any recommended songs from those bands? I'm always in the market for new electronica/techno.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:29 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Any recommended songs from those bands? I'm always in the market for new electronica/techno.
Move to Europe, hippy. It's that way ==>
Old 03-11-2009, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Move to Europe, hippy. It's that way ==>
I've been searching on iTunes and I can't find that song anywhere.

I spent 2 years in Germany and that's where I fell in love with techno music. South Korea was also a big place for techno. In fact, South Korea was were I built up a decent sized library of techno CDs; but they got misplaced or damaged over the years.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Moose

Quote:
I've been searching on iTunes and I can't find that song anywhere.

I spent 2 years in Germany and that's where I fell in love with techno music. South Korea was also a big place for techno. In fact, South Korea was were I built up a decent sized library of techno CDs; but they got misplaced or damaged over the years.
I love the German culture, I can roughly speak the language with a little practice, but boy, do I ever hate Rammstein and other German bands, sans die Toten Hosen.

(the dead pants)
Old 03-11-2009, 05:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I love the German culture, I can roughly speak the language with a little practice, but boy, do I ever hate Rammstein and other German bands, sans die Toten Hosen.

(the dead pants)
I used to be able to read German well enough to get a general meaning of a sentence, but not enough to translate it word for word.

Have you ever listened to New Model Army? They're a British band, very left-wing... you'd like them. I was a big fan of theirs when I was in Germany and had never heard of them in the US. Supposedly they were banned in the United States, at least that's what I was told when I was stationed in Germany (1992-1994).
Old 03-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Moose

Quote:
I used to be able to read German well enough to get a general meaning of a sentence, but not enough to translate it word for word.

Have you ever listened to New Model Army? They're a British band, very left-wing... you'd like them. I was a big fan of theirs when I was in Germany and had never heard of them in the US. Supposedly they were banned in the United States, at least that's what I was told when I was stationed in Germany (1992-1994).
Banned in the US? No way. If Cannibal "I want to rape your puss-dripping" Corpse is cool to buy and sell, I'm sure they are too.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Banned in the US? No way. If Cannibal "I want to rape your puss-dripping" Corpse is cool to buy and sell, I'm sure they are too.
I just checked, you can buy New Model Army CD's on Amazon right now. So I did some research and it turns out that they released a song called 51st State, which was supposed to a protest song against "American imperialism" and that made it very, very difficult for them to actually tour in the United States. That's probably where the idea that they were banned in the US came from (keeping in mind that I was told this in 1992).