Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-11-2009, 05:13 AM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i've been listening to alot of movie soundtracks and classical music lately. some electronica as well, mainly heatbeat and some massive attack
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I go in stages. I've been listening to The Roots, The Mars Volta, U2, Danzig, Common, and Interpol recently.

If I had to pick one album from all time to listen to, it would be a toss up between Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and The Joshua Tree.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-11-2009, 05:25 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and The Joshua Tree.
Both awesome albums!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-11-2009, 05:27 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
some electronica as well, mainly heatbeat and some massive attack
Any recommended songs from those bands? I'm always in the market for new electronica/techno.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-11-2009, 05:29 AM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Any recommended songs from those bands? I'm always in the market for new electronica/techno.
Move to Europe, hippy. It's that way ==>
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-11-2009, 05:35 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Move to Europe, hippy. It's that way ==>
I've been searching on iTunes and I can't find that song anywhere.

I spent 2 years in Germany and that's where I fell in love with techno music. South Korea was also a big place for techno. In fact, South Korea was were I built up a decent sized library of techno CDs; but they got misplaced or damaged over the years.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I've been searching on iTunes and I can't find that song anywhere.

I spent 2 years in Germany and that's where I fell in love with techno music. South Korea was also a big place for techno. In fact, South Korea was were I built up a decent sized library of techno CDs; but they got misplaced or damaged over the years.
I love the German culture, I can roughly speak the language with a little practice, but boy, do I ever hate Rammstein and other German bands, sans die Toten Hosen.

(the dead pants)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-11-2009, 05:52 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
I love the German culture, I can roughly speak the language with a little practice, but boy, do I ever hate Rammstein and other German bands, sans die Toten Hosen.

(the dead pants)
I used to be able to read German well enough to get a general meaning of a sentence, but not enough to translate it word for word.

Have you ever listened to New Model Army? They're a British band, very left-wing... you'd like them. I was a big fan of theirs when I was in Germany and had never heard of them in the US. Supposedly they were banned in the United States, at least that's what I was told when I was stationed in Germany (1992-1994).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I used to be able to read German well enough to get a general meaning of a sentence, but not enough to translate it word for word.

Have you ever listened to New Model Army? They're a British band, very left-wing... you'd like them. I was a big fan of theirs when I was in Germany and had never heard of them in the US. Supposedly they were banned in the United States, at least that's what I was told when I was stationed in Germany (1992-1994).
Banned in the US? No way. If Cannibal "I want to rape your puss-dripping" Corpse is cool to buy and sell, I'm sure they are too.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-11-2009, 06:00 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Banned in the US? No way. If Cannibal "I want to rape your puss-dripping" Corpse is cool to buy and sell, I'm sure they are too.
I just checked, you can buy New Model Army CD's on Amazon right now. So I did some research and it turns out that they released a song called 51st State, which was supposed to a protest song against "American imperialism" and that made it very, very difficult for them to actually tour in the United States. That's probably where the idea that they were banned in the US came from (keeping in mind that I was told this in 1992).
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.