Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Primadawn

Default Lockdown!

The hospital I work at was locked down for almost 2 hours this morning due to a shooter on the loose in town. (Rolla MO) We're off now but so far I haven't heard that they caught him...just that they chased him out of the town and down the highway.

Initial reports were that he started on the Missouri S and T campus and moved on from there--basically the entire town locked down. They thought he may have been injured and that he may try to come into the hospital--and at one point thought he was already in the building (the hospital's just down the street from the campus).

I had patients locked in my office with me--we weren't even allowed to go in the hallway. They were 86 and I was afraid they'd freak out, but they chit chatted the whole time and said they were sad when it was over! Most excitement they've had in ages.

I hope nobody gets hurt or killed. Still waiting to hear more.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Miss Foxy

Oh em gee!! Dawn how scary and I am so glad everything is ok now. How scary wth is wrong with the world?! All these lunatics everywhere..
Old 05-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Twinsmama

scary!! hope they caught the guy and no one was hurt.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Glad to hear everything was ok.

BTW, my dad graduated from UM-Rolla.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Primadawn

Word is they still haven't caught him.

Rockdawg, I still call it UMR too...can't get used to this S&T nonsense!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Primadawn

He's in custody--finally!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
The hospital I work at was locked down for almost 2 hours this morning due to a shooter on the loose in town. (Rolla MO) We're off now but so far I haven't heard that they caught him...just that they chased him out of the town and down the highway.

Initial reports were that he started on the Missouri S and T campus and moved on from there--basically the entire town locked down. They thought he may have been injured and that he may try to come into the hospital--and at one point thought he was already in the building (the hospital's just down the street from the campus).

I had patients locked in my office with me--we weren't even allowed to go in the hallway. They were 86 and I was afraid they'd freak out, but they chit chatted the whole time and said they were sad when it was over! Most excitement they've had in ages.

I hope nobody gets hurt or killed. Still waiting to hear more.
That part is pretty funny!!

Glad everyone is OK though, what a scary thing to have happen...you hear about these things but never imagine it will happen to you.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:09 PM

Dawn, they are talking about this now! He is apparently an ex-convict and tried to get into Ft. Leonard Wood with an assault rifle. Creepy!

Here's a link.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:11 PM
County Mike

This is why doctors and nurses should all be firearm trained and allowed to carry at work.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Primadawn

Yes, I'll be interested to hear what this was all about later. I went to pick up lunch at a restaurant a block from the hospital and they showed me a hole from a bullet coming through the wall.

When he was apprehended, he apparently had a gunshot to his hand...and was reportedly taken to a "local hospital" to be treated.