Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 05-13-2011, 10:58 AM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Linkage?
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....1815541&page=1

All I gotta say is wow...everytime I visit another MMA forum, I'm reminded of why I like it here so much. Tons of trolls & internet lawyers in the UG.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

So browsing the posts.. MANY MANY are crazy stupid lame... BUT..I came across this.. and I just

Taking someones ashes without permission should pretty obviously be something that could create friction.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:46 PM
County Mike

The best post on there was something like...

"I was at the memorial and the gray cool-aid tasted terrible."
Old 05-13-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post

heh.. I saw that one...

But taking my ashes without premission.. yeah that would make me mad..
Old 05-13-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....1815541&page=1

All I gotta say is wow...everytime I visit another MMA forum, I'm reminded of why I like it here so much. Tons of trolls & internet lawyers in the UG.
Same here, wavetar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post

OMG, I missed that one.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:34 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
How has it become FUBAR? It's a sign of their huge success that they were able to get such a great deal with ABG.
1. They sold out to the company that owns Bed Bath and Beyond,
do you feel like that was Masks vision?
Not to mention the shareholders are mid lawsuit with them, because they didn't vote or didn't do something legal for that sale.

2. They STOLE the founder's ashes and were sued over it.

Its a curcus.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:37 PM
atomdanger

Why was there vending at a memorial service anyways?

Sometimes these things happen at funerals

haha that cracked me up on the UG forum
Old 05-18-2011, 07:39 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
1. They sold out to the company that owns Bed Bath and Beyond,do you feel like that was Masks vision?
Not to mention the shareholders are mid lawsuit with them, because they didn't vote or didn't do something legal for that sale.

2. They STOLE the founder's ashes and were sued over it.

Its a curcus.
I haven't heard about this. Can you enlighten me?

I did find it odd that after Mask passed the website started to carry a ton of new, none clothing products and a suit was listed as the CEO or something like that on the site. I wondered a bit if the other two were selling out to coorporate America, which I am not saying they did, nor do I think would be wrong for them to do. Unfortunately with Mask's passing came the loss of his input into the direction of the company he started so it was almost given then things would change some.

Mainly I find it odd that anyone would pass out someone's ashes. I doubt there was a conversation where Mask directed them to do this and he most on some level had trusted his sister to make calls he would approve of or otherwise she wouldn't he would had signed the power of attorney, which if I recall the story I read did say that she was granted this in his directives. I think if he had kids the ashes should have gone to someone who could care from the ashes until the children were old enough to decide what to do with them, not passed out to a handful of people who in a pinch might try to sell them on ebay.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapout_...thing_brand%29

http://mmajunkie.com/news/20548/auth...-companies.mma

people used to say that TapOut as owned by the UFC for some reason... but that was never the case...
Old 05-19-2011, 04:45 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post

I did find it odd that after Mask passed the website started to carry a ton of new, none clothing products and a suit was listed as the CEO or something like that on the site. I wondered a bit if the other two were selling out to coorporate America, which I am not saying they did, nor do I think would be wrong for them to do. Unfortunately with Mask's passing came the loss of his input into the direction of the company he started so it was almost given then things would change some.

Mainly I find it odd that anyone would pass out someone's ashes. I doubt there was a conversation where Mask directed them to do this and he most on some level had trusted his sister to make calls he would approve of or otherwise she wouldn't he would had signed the power of attorney, which if I recall the story I read did say that she was granted this in his directives. I think if he had kids the ashes should have gone to someone who could care from the ashes until the children were old enough to decide what to do with them, not passed out to a handful of people who in a pinch might try to sell them on ebay.
They were sold to Authentic Brands Group LLC,
I was wrong though it wasn't Bed Bath and Beyond,
it was Linens n Things.