Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 05-12-2011, 03:25 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Mask's Sister Suing Punkass & Skyskrape For "Stealing Mask’s Ashes"

Anyone wanna take a shot in the dark as to who originally broke this news?

Quote:

From the land of the bizarre comes word from TMZ that TapouT co-founder Charles “Mask” Lewis’ sister Carla is suing Punkass and Skyskrape for allegedly stealing Mask’s cremated ashes and distributing them in small vials to “special people” at Lewis’ memorial service.

As the story goes, Carla had executive power over Lewis’ body and chose to have him cremated. Punkass and Skyskrape then asked to borrow the urn containing his ashes for the memorial service. She agreed, but demanded they return the ashes immediately following the service.I’ll let TMZ tell the creepy part.

Quote:
Here’s where things get CRAZY – Carla says when she arrived to the memorial service, she noticed “various booths and tables” set up around the cathedral … one of which contained, “a large shoebox-size box containing several miniature vials that were on display.”

Carla says the vendor informed her, “each of the vials contained a small amount of the cremated remains of Mask, and were reserved for, and to be given to, ‘special people’ whose names were on a printed list.”

Carla believes somewhere between 50 to 100 vials were either “sold, given away, donated or otherwise distributed to several unknown persons.”
If that wasn’t enough, Carla claims that TapouT refuses to return the remaining ashes despite repeated requests. As such, she’s suing them for unspecified damages, claiming the situation has caused her “overwhelming and and severe emotional distress.”

Neither TapouT, Punkass or Skyskrape have given their side of the story yet, but it’s probably in their best interest to do so ASAP, because Carla’s version is quite disturbing.

On a completely unrelated note, [Here the author writes a bunch of bulls*** about Matt].

Update: Skyskrape and Punkass have responded via Twitter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by @TapoutSkrape
All you that are twittering me sayin we "stole" Charles and were "selling his ashes" need to f***ing shut up! He's my best friend and if you think I would do something so stupid and low life-ish, then you don't know anything about me or dan! C'mon y'all
Quote:
Originally Posted by @TapoutPunkASS
Sad s***! Relatives who hadnt talked to Charles in 10 years now comin out to get money! Not his Ashes! Anyway his ashes belong to his kids!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

When I met those guys you just "knew" they were a tight group.... I never met Mask.. but Punk and 'scrape.. yeah.. I talked with Punk for a bit and he was just a really a down to earth guy...

As far as "selling".. I 100% belive that he wasn't.

Giving ashes away.. to maybe some else that was tight with them.. I could see it ...maybe...
Old 05-12-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Anyone wanna take a shot in the dark as to who originally broke this news?
^^^ The best part of the post right there!!

Sometimes $$$ brings out the worst in people.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:48 AM
atomdanger

1. If they took off with his ashes, they're both a POS. I have some SUPER close friends, who's ashes I would even be honored to have if something happened to them, but I would/could NEVER take them from those friends family.

2. I have talked to people who were there, and didn't see them giving away any ashes at all, no table with ashes on them, etc....

So, who really knows, but Tapout died when Mask died,
look what a FUBAR situation the company has become.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:55 AM

what situation is that exactly???

They are still selling their clothing.. and sponsoring fighters....
Old 05-13-2011, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Tapout died when Mask died,
look what a FUBAR situation the company has become.
How has it become FUBAR? It's a sign of their huge success that they were able to get such a great deal with ABG.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:52 AM
que

for anyone who has any questions about this situation, simply refer to the thread on the UG, where many of the principles involved in the case speak. including punkass, skyscrape, tracy lee, dana whites personal assistant CindyO, Mask's former #1 assistant at tapout, and the man who manufactured and delivered the actual vials themselves. plus, many, many more.

i won't elaborate because there is 20+ pages of it there... but in a nutshell... the truth has been revealed in that thread, and it is highly disturbing. the principles involved have all been exposed of being liars by their own words. it is a disturbingly tangled web of lies that these people have woven and now the truth has set them free (for better or worse). but don't take my word for it, go see for yourself if you must.

all i can say now is RIP mask

when this is all over... hopefully he can finally rest in peace.

btw, tapout did indeed die with mask.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:19 AM

I'm beginning to see what atomdanger was talking about. I only waded through 5 or 6 pages but there obviously is a lot more to the story. Sad.

Thanks for telling about the info over at UG, que.

BTW, Mark Kreiner & Al Gore: Separated At Birth.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:27 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I'm beginning to see what atomdanger was talking about. I only waded through 5 or 6 pages but there obviously is a lot more to the story. Sad.

Thanks for telling about the info over at UG, que.

BTW, Mark Kreiner & Al Gore: Separated At Birth.
no prob
Old 05-13-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
for anyone who has any questions about this situation, simply refer to the thread on the UG, where many of the principles involved in the case speak. including punkass, skyscrape, tracy lee, dana whites personal assistant CindyO, Mask's former #1 assistant at tapout, and the man who manufactured and delivered the actual vials themselves. plus, many, many more.
Linkage?