Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I just finsihed reading this before I came here.

If it doesn't look natural I don't wear it with the exception of glossy lipsticks. I love gloss but not the kind that is so thick it feels like I have vaseline on my lips. Even with gloss I give it the kiss the paper to keep it from being too much.

Eyebrows - I do my own because someone went so thin on mine I had to fill the in with a pencil for 3 weeks. I don't like fake arches either.
I can be the biggest makeup whore!! However I know what and how to use it.. I also can't stand idiots who apply false eyelashes and end up looking like a horse because they did not trim the lashes prior to applying! I do fake arches on my eyebrows!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Primadawn

OK, I agree with the thin brow thing--too much plucking/waxing on the eyebrows is not a good thing.

BUT! I also hate seeing bushy unkempt eyebrows! It gives me the same feeling as seeing a woman who doesn't get pedicures...if THAT is what you're showing the whole world, good heavens-what's UNDER your clothes?
Old 05-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
OK, I agree with the thin brow thing--too much plucking/waxing on the eyebrows is not a good thing.

BUT! I also hate seeing bushy unkempt eyebrows! It gives me the same feeling as seeing a woman who doesn't get pedicures...if THAT is what you're showing the whole world, good heavens-what's UNDER your clothes?
LMAO!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
God I hate glitter, talk about incriminating evidence, that crap gets everywhere ...
I was j/k about loving it. It should only be sold to little girls. And strippers.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:03 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

To me most Women look better without makeup!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

I finally started using Bare Minerals. It really looks and feels like I'm not wearing any makeup most days. It just evens out my skin tone and helps cover up my sleepy eye circles. I can do more if I am going out in the evening and go for a more made up look. I almost never wear eyeshadow.

I pluck my eyebrows myself just to keep them natural looking but separate. I never had a true unibrow but there is enough in the middle to need plucking. I don't wear lipstick. I can't stand the way it feels. Plus my first boyfriend told me they used to make it out of bat guano and I never got that image out of my head!

I don't get mani-pedis. I hate people touching my feet and my nails look fine without the extra money spent on them. Plus being a nurse means I keep them short and clean.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 05-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I finally started using Bare Minerals. It really looks and feels like I'm not wearing any makeup most days. It just evens out my skin tone and helps cover up my sleepy eye circles. I can do more if I am going out in the evening and go for a more made up look. I almost never wear eyeshadow.

I pluck my eyebrows myself just to keep them natural looking but separate. I never had a true unibrow but there is enough in the middle to need plucking. I don't wear lipstick. I can't stand the way it feels. Plus my first boyfriend told me they used to make it out of bat guano and I never got that image out of my head!

I don't get mani-pedis. I hate people touching my feet and my nails look fine without the extra money spent on them. Plus being a nurse means I keep them short and clean.

~Amy
I love bare minerals..
Old 05-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
To me most Women look better without makeup!
awww I am gonna post a pic of me without makeup! lol..
Old 05-10-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I did a colour-me-beautiful course once
Me too. It taught me not to be afraid to accessorize.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post

~Amy
Ditto. As a gardener, I have to keep mine short as well.