Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 05-11-2011, 05:09 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I think we get to see more tech. in a 5 minute round! I like Roy Nelson but don't agree with him on this!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
I think we get to see more tech. in a 5 minute round! I like Roy Nelson but don't agree with him on this!
Me neither. Plus you have guys like Brian Foster that come in shape and fight 10 rounds worth in three rounds.
I would hate to see the ground game be affected. If anything bring in the Yellow Cards

[
Old 05-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
That would pretty much eliminate the ground game. Might as well delete the grappling altogether and just call it ‘MMBoxing’.
DING!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Roy has some ideas.. but I would rather keep it at 5minutes.. sometimes it can take you 30-50 seconds to set up an arm bar or such.. and having a 3 minute round wouldn't be good for ground fighters...

I just say bring in the Yellow Card... Andy has a yellow car.. so the cards would go well with him..

I don't know that I am a fan of 5 rounds on just main events.. If your going to make it 5 rounds.. for just main event-non-title fights.. then why not all fights 5x5?

In the event of a draw on Title Fights.. you get a 6th round. But how many draws have we seen in title fights.. in any organization? Fewer than 10 in the history of MMA???
Old 05-11-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Roy's just saying this because he gets tired in 5 minute rounds.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:42 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
He actually seems to have way more cardio than I would expect from a man of his physique.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
He actually seems to have way more cardio than I would expect from a man of his physique.
Exactly!! His body type is because of poor diet choices and a hatred no doubt for a thing called sit ups. I have always been a large person when I wrestled and played Basketball I was what most call fat. However while they were sucking wind with their six pack abs I was still on the court, field, in the ring etc etc. Most NFL people are also built like Roy but because Roy does not cut like the rest of the biz people foolishly say he has no carido. He never gassed on TUF 10 and when he was slugging it out with JDS he looked no different than anyone else in a 3 rd battle. Thanks Mike for pointing it out as well. Since you are a fighter maybe people will listen
Old 05-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Exactly!! His body type is because of poor diet choices and a hatred no doubt for a thing called sit ups. I have always been a large person when I wrestled and played Basketball I was what most call fat. However while they were sucking wind with their six pack abs I was still on the court, field, in the ring etc etc. Most NFL people are also built like Roy but because Roy does not cut like the rest of the biz people foolishly say he has no carido. He never gassed on TUF 10 and when he was slugging it out with JDS he looked no different than anyone else in a 3 rd battle. Thanks Mike for pointing it out as well. Since you are a fighter maybe people will listen
In all seriousness we are kidding! Just like Bj who has awful cardio it's not based on size that's tricky..
Old 05-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
In all seriousness we are kidding! Just like Bj who has awful cardio it's not based on size that's tricky..
I should have used this after my post but forgot. I know it is a running gag no pun intended.